Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It would have to be significant.. The EPS is a major issue with the car... But hey, that's one less thing to leak I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Roland H View Post
      It would have to be significant.. The EPS is a major issue with the car... But hey, that's one less thing to leak I guess.
      It isn't that significant. I guess, how does it feel? Everything says it has no feeling.

Comment

Originally posted by 325ix View Post
        It isn't that significant. I guess, how does it feel? Everything says it has no feeling.
        Imagine an E60, but much much worse. For a car that light and their target market, they should have made P/S an option.

Comment

I'm diggin this beast!

My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Originally posted by Roland H View Post
            Imagine an E60, but much much worse. For a car that light and their target market, they should have made P/S an option.
            I've never driven an E60, E39 I have driven. If it is that much worse it has to be awful.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post
              I'm diggin this beast!

Nice! not sure I like the hood, but I really like the color and wheel combo and especially the exhaust! Don't they say the exhaust in front of the rear wheel spits oil onto the back tire causing you to lose grip?
              318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
              '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

Originally posted by iamcreepingdeath View Post
                remind me again Chris, how did you get 270 hp at the wheels in your M3?
                David pretty much covered it, but in the interest of full disclosure:

3.5" BPI Flowstack with Filter
                3.5" SiliconeIntakes.com home-brew intake
                3.5" 803 HFM
                3.25" TB Elbow with custom ICV Hose
                75mm VAC Big Bore Throttle Body
                M50 Intake Manifold with Turner Adapter
                Lightly Ported head, 1mm oversize valves
                Epic Valvesprings
                Sunbelt Stage 2 Camshafts, no Vanos limiting
                11:1 CP Pistons, 87mm bore
                Arrow Rods
                VAC Coated main and rod bearings
                Rotating assembly balanced by US Automotive and Machine in Loveland
                Turner Shorty Headers
                Active Autowerke 3" Race Exhaust (resonator was not installed at time of dyno)
                Active Autowerke OBD2 tuning (first revision, no retunes have been done since the initial cam install several months ago.)
                Turner Underdrive Pulleys
                OS-Giken Twin Disc Clutch/Flywheel setup

I think that's about it for parts that would affect the dyno numbers. The motor is very fresh, only about 400 total miles on it including the track days (3 total.) I need to change the oil and put some more miles on it. I really do need to look into getting it tuned properly, there's probably a bit more power to be had. I have a couple more tricks up my sleeve before I am done chasing HP.
                Chris
                97 M3
                01 325
                Weston Auto Gallery

Comment

Any reason for short vs. long tube headers?

Comment

Any reason for short vs. long tube headers?
                    There is a pretty significant torque increase with the short tubes.
                    Eastwood fender roller available for rent in Boulder. PM ME

Comment

Originally posted by conway View Post
                      There is a pretty significant torque increase with the short tubes.
                      I thought long tubes had the torque increase but, short tubes generally make more power up top?

Comment

I thought long tubes had the torque increase but, short tubes generally make more power up top?
                        Not unless you want to spend $2k on some Kromers that are near impossible to get a hold of.
                        89 325i (Sold)
                        95 M3 (Track Car in Progress)
                        2001 4runner (DD)

Comment

Originally posted by clarkkey594 View Post
                          Not unless you want to spend $2k on some Kromers that are near impossible to get a hold of.
                          So technically the long tube ones make more torque but, nothing is easily available for the E36.

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerman325i View Post
                            3.5" maf/intake
                            headers
                            3" exhaust
                            sunbelt cams
                            ltw fly
                            tune
                            Thank you for this helpful and enlightening information.

Originally posted by clarkkey594 View Post
                            For starters he started with an M3.
                            Thank you for this useless and un-enlightening fact.

so, by starting with an M3? you can get >300 bhp out of an M3? no shit!!!!

Originally posted by Eric View Post
                            I'm diggin this beast!

There you go, Eric!! That pretty much sums up what I have been envisioning for my E28 for a long time now, except w/ euro bumpers, and an M60B44 under the hood.

Thanks for the pics, I have had a hard time finding E28 pics w/ side exit exhausts.

EDIT: My E28 will have a body-matching hood (no checkerboard) and it will sit maybe an inch lower.
                            Last edited by iamsam; 07-16-2012, 10:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by fsmtnbiker View Post
                              David pretty much covered it, but in the interest of full disclosure:

3.5" BPI Flowstack with Filter
                              3.5" SiliconeIntakes.com home-brew intake
                              3.5" 803 HFM
                              3.25" TB Elbow with custom ICV Hose
                              75mm VAC Big Bore Throttle Body
                              M50 Intake Manifold with Turner Adapter
                              Lightly Ported head, 1mm oversize valves
                              Epic Valvesprings
                              Sunbelt Stage 2 Camshafts, no Vanos limiting
                              11:1 CP Pistons, 87mm bore
                              Arrow Rods
                              VAC Coated main and rod bearings
                              Rotating assembly balanced by US Automotive and Machine in Loveland
                              Turner Shorty Headers
                              Active Autowerke 3" Race Exhaust (resonator was not installed at time of dyno)
                              Active Autowerke OBD2 tuning (first revision, no retunes have been done since the initial cam install several months ago.)
                              Turner Underdrive Pulleys
                              OS-Giken Twin Disc Clutch/Flywheel setup

I think that's about it for parts that would affect the dyno numbers. The motor is very fresh, only about 400 total miles on it including the track days (3 total.) I need to change the oil and put some more miles on it. I really do need to look into getting it tuned properly, there's probably a bit more power to be had. I have a couple more tricks up my sleeve before I am done chasing HP.
                              That's no joke right there.

Comment

So technically the long tube ones make more torque but, nothing is easily available for the E36.
                                Actually, no. Long tubes make more torque in the extreme high rpms, shorties make more torque everywhere else. Peak numbers are higher with long tubes, but area under the curve is worse.

See: http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1865214
                                2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                                95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
                                98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Working...
                                X