Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's worse than horrible pictures of men with cats.

JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

Got the new shoes on, 15x8 Konig Wideopen with 205/50 Federal RSR:

Have some M3 H&R Sports + Camber plates sitting inside, I'll hopefully get to them tomorrow. Not too shabby. Also got the Momo wheel in and now I have KNEE ROOM! :D
      Last edited by BTD; 03-14-2014, 09:24 PM.
      Exomotive Exocet
      1997 Toyota Tacoma

Comment

Originally posted by Zreberlcoe View Post
        So I was driving to Ralph Schomps today to get some parts and I quite possible saw the ugliest thing of my life.

What even is that horrid beast?
        wow and I thought the PT cruiser was ugly...

Comment

Originally posted by squidmaster View Post
          wow and I thought the PT cruiser was ugly...
          Thats what i'm saying.
          1991 325i Calypso Coupe

Like Grandfather, Like Father, Like Son
          BMW

Comment

Looking for first E30

Hi there,

First off, I'm a BMW noob but not new to cars. Due to the many things life throws at you (first school loans, then work then family) I haven't had a sporty car in over ten years. Well times up! I live in Littleton and there are way too many awesome roads close that I need to play on. I did a bunch of digging on-line for a low cost, simple (little to no driver aids) easy to wrench on car and I came to the conclusion an E30 fits the bill. I drove my first 1990 E30 from CL early this week and liked it a lot. And while it drove well (it had some nice suspension upgrades) it still needed a fair amount of cosmetic/body work. I know these are older cars and I don't mind wrenching at all I would really like to avoid body/ paint work. In the end, I want a to find a car that will not be a DD but some thing that will be great on back roads and eventually autoX or track days.

I'm hoping you guys can help with two things:

1 if you know of a clean car thats in decent shape either stock so its a good starting point or a car that's been tastfully and correctly modded for performance. I'd prefer a 1989 325IS model but would consider others. Manual trans and no convertibles.

2 the best way to meet other E30 people in the area. Are there any regular meet ups or rallys or anything?

Thanks,
            Mark O

Comment

Welcome. What is your budget. Seems like the $6K rule has become the $8K rule lately.
              JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

Originally posted by Cloudbase View Post
                Welcome. What is your budget. Seems like the $6K rule has become the $8K rule lately.
                I'm figuring a good clean stock E30 $3500 or so. With mods, I can't go over $5000.

Mark

Comment

Welcome! Its hard to find a clean e30 in Colorado for even 3500, prices have been going up and up. Good luck on the search
                  sigpic
                  HyperWerkz

89 mtech2, s50, AR Kit, borgwarner s362, e-85, 15psi... 592whp
                  " enjoy the show "

Comment

Yeah, I agree but if it takes a while that's ok. I'm no in a rush and my budget will go up as I continue to save.

Comment

Originally posted by Vfrinterceptor View Post
                      Yeah, I agree but if it takes a while that's ok. I'm no in a rush and my budget will go up as I continue to save.
                      Just put something up in the Sh*t I found on CL thread that may be a good fit for you. It's on the upper side of your budget, but is listed as OBO...
                      All I wanted was a tomahawk....

Comment

Southwest flights out of Denver are cheap. Comb the desert for a solid e30 and drive it back under budget.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Anyone have an E30 washer pump I can buy today?
                          JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

Interesting E30. I'm still pretty new to these so anyone have a read on it based on the ad?

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by Cloudbase View Post
                              Anyone have an E30 washer pump I can buy today?
                              I got one you can just have (I seem to be making a habit of this...) I took it out since I'm going turbo. Worked fine.

I couldn't, in good conscience, charge you, they're like $10 for a new one on eBay.

Only thing is I'm down in the Springs.
                              All I wanted was a tomahawk....

Comment

Looking for an s50 block and cams, if any one has it/them pm details please or shoot me a tx if you have my #.. thanks guys!
                                sigpic
                                HyperWerkz

89 mtech2, s50, AR Kit, borgwarner s362, e-85, 15psi... 592whp
                                " enjoy the show "

Comment

Working...
                                X