This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dirty325ix View Post
    Hey I just moved down to the Denver area and was interested in doing some getting involved in some occasional autocross and track day but have no idea where to start looking

I am originally from the D.C area and had a lot of friends in the car scene out there so never had to research events before, really just got talked into going.

so if you could point me in the right direction and give suggestions that would be cool
    Welcome. I grew up in MD. The next BMW club autoX is May 31st at Front Range Airport. The next BMW club HPDE is at High Plains Raceway on Memorial Day weekend. It is sold out, but it might be worth it to volunteer and work a corner to help learn the track. There is an open track day Friday the 23rd too.

The next CCA HPDE after that is June 14 and 15th.

NASA is a Pueblo motorsports park this weekend and probably still has HPDE spots.

I just got my instructor qualification for the CCA, I'd be happy to show you my lines.
    JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

Originally posted by MisterMiniS View Post
      In the end, that is better because I think I am just going to go to STX anyways.
      Join us! STX is where all the fun is. :p

Originally posted by Dirty325ix View Post
      Hey I just moved down to the Denver area and was interested in doing some getting involved in some occasional autocross and track day but have no idea where to start looking

I am originally from the D.C area and had a lot of friends in the car scene out there so never had to research events before, really just got talked into going.

so if you could point me in the right direction and give suggestions that would be cool
      www.RMSolo.org is the two local SCCA chapters autocross site. They're primarily who I run with because the field of competition is very, very high and I enjoy seeing where I fall next to national caliber drivers from a raw time/points standpoint.

http://www.coloradoscca.org/ and http://www.scca-cdr.org/ are the two SCCA sties outside of autocross, both geared more towards track/HPDE events. CDR is South of Denver, Colorado is Denver and North.

http://rmcbmwcca.org/ is the local BMW CCA site.

http://www.nasarockymountain.com/ is our local NASA chapter
      Exomotive Exocet
      1997 Toyota Tacoma

Comment

BMW autocrosses give you twice as many runs as other organizations...food for thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Hello All,
          Looks like I'm moving out your way and will be bringing my BMW's
          I have taken controlling interest in to small freight company's here in Colorado and will be moving out your way on the 19th of this month.
          My condo and company are both in the Aurora area. I will be spending alot of time out your way and allot of time wrenching in my shop I would love to hang.
          https://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar...re-irs.356333/

This Forum is built on love, and powered by Sexual Tension!

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Comment

OK, so after 4, yes 4, rounds of removing the tranny, checking everything, torquing everything, inspecting everything, and replacing clutch master/slave cylinders and T/O bearing, I cannot get rid of this shudder that is there when I have that aftermarket lightweight flywheel. I know chatter is normal, but this is much worse. Anyways, I am the the 'fuck it' point and am going back to completely stock flywheel and original parts that I know work. In the end, that is better because I think I am just going to go to STX anyways.

Just food for thought if anyone was going to a aluminum flywheel. I still have no idea what is actually causing this, as everything works quite well aside from the insane shudder when you give no rev, stop to 1st starts.

Input shaft bearing on trans?

Originally posted by MonkeyMadness View Post
            Hello All,
            I have taken controlling interest in to small freight company's here in Colorado and will be moving out your way on the 19th of this month.
            My condo and company are both in the Aurora area. I will be spending alot of time out your way and allot of time wrenching in my shop I would love to hang.
            Very nice, wish you good luck and that you like it here. Would like to stop by once your settled.
            sigpic
            HyperWerkz

89 mtech2, s50, AR Kit, borgwarner s362, e-85, 15psi... 592whp
            " enjoy the show "

Comment

Hello All,
              Neat! That's about the same time I'll be getting back.

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
              Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperE30 View Post
                Input shaft bearing on trans?
                Also replaced that and made quite sure it is seated properly. I could be wrong, but I feel like that is not the issue.

Hello All,
                See you around Aurora. Embrace the ghetto.

1989 325i Alpine White
                69 STX

Comment

Will be driving out to Boulder on Wednesday to go see a friend of mine graduate. I'll be there till Sunday, Might I see any of you guys around?
                  sigpic

Comment

See you around Aurora. Embrace the ghetto.
                    sigpic

Comment

Any of you guys do the rally cross in the area, do they have open days over at the core track or just the club days

Comment

Originally posted by BTD View Post
                        Join us! STX is where all the fun is. :p
                        If I can get the car running by this weekend, I'll see you there in STX. I just ordered a set of R-S3's to be here tomorrow. I wonder how they will compare in grip to the NT-01's.
                        Last edited by MisterMiniS; 05-06-2014, 12:38 PM.

1989 325i Alpine White
                        69 STX

Comment

My brothers old roommate was planning on it this summer, although I don't know that he is on this forum, he did buy an e30 just for CORE.
                          http://www.Drive4Corners.com

Comment

I need a set of E36 M3 front brake calipers stat. Can pick up Thursday.
                            JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

If I can get the car running by this weekend, I'll see you there in STX. I just ordered a set of R-S3's to be here tomorrow. I wonder how they will compare in grip to the NT-01's.
                              I won't be at the race this weekend, will be in UT for a wedding. :-|

I do think you'll like the RS3's though.
                              Exomotive Exocet
                              1997 Toyota Tacoma

Comment

heads up guys, I am selling my ix project on the cheap! Will put some photos up later, PM for more details if interested

Comment

Working...
                                X