This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chrisbike View Post
    Lol.. I like your tenacity. Keep trying.

I'll keep it up if I get a car..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    86' E30 Plenty Slow And kinda Ugly

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nogapersnBMWs View Post
      When and where Ted? Let's do it!
      1017 racing and restoration just built their garage and was installing lifts last week. They were talking about having a bbq down here in colorado springs. Maybe in a couple weeks we can get something going. i'll get with Rick and see what he is thinking, Ideally i'll have my turbo back by then.
      318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
      '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

We should set up that BBQ or another gathering. Went to the local euro meet and didn't even stay 10 minutes-- too many car people smoking and vaping, too few hoods open with people actually talking about their vehicles.

Been busy with things

Engine swap, misc fixes and megasquirt tuning the 633T

Misc upkeep fixes on my wife's secondary car

Working on head refresh of euro E24

Mountain driving and various trips through the state

http://www.Drive4Corners.com

Comment

Originally posted by tschultz View Post
          We should set up that BBQ or another gathering. Went to the local euro meet and didn't even stay 10 minutes-- too many car people smoking and vaping, too few hoods open with people actually talking about their vehicles.

Been busy with things

Engine swap, misc fixes and megasquirt tuning...
          SAME here Tommy!
          1989 332iS AW2 @ 2,342 lbs. m20b31 (JE FSR 10.5:1; 284/280 cam; ST+1 Intakes; RHD 40mm ITB/CF Plenum; Stahl 1.5"/CRMB X/Borla XS Pro; TMS J-Stock suspension (Ver. 2); M3 E3 undertray/VAC CF splitter; exhaust blown difusser; (Teves Mk60 ABS in trunk next)

Originally posted by Jb325is
          Sucks for everyone involved. Lots of guys are just building IG cars these days... Look good on the internet, but in real life they're hacked up piles of shit.
          Transaction Feedback: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=258421

Comment

I've changed routes, no longer going E28, drove my buddies 325i today and totally changed my opinion, going E30 for sure! if anyone sees anything let me know!

sigpic

Comment

Hey guys so there is a 91 318is in red up in Aspen, the guy wants 1800 for it, its red, he's going to shoot me over some pictures of it and if I could get him down on the price that could potentially be a good start if there's no rust or anything, but how slow are they? what are my options for more power? what should I look out for?

sigpic

Comment

They're pretty slow in a straight line, 100-120whp. Test drive it first, of course
                Be weary of rattling from the engine (chain/tensioners/guides) and, of course, rust. The M42 is a pretty smooth engine and you shouldn't really feel any hesitations or rough idling. They're quite solid otherwise, just don't plan on using an 1800 E30 as your daily, or as reliable transportation. E30s don't really have the best rep for being... um... always working.

Comment

Originally posted by squidmaster View Post
                  They're pretty slow in a straight line, 100-120whp. Test drive it first, of course
                  Be weary of rattling from the engine (chain/tensioners/guides) and, of course, rust. The M42 is a pretty smooth engine and you shouldn't really feel any hesitations or rough idling. They're quite solid otherwise, just don't plan on using an 1800 E30 as your daily, or as reliable transportation. E30s don't really have the best rep for being... um... always working.

I appreciate the input, and that's all good stuff to know, the car may one day be daily, is the 318is a car that could one day be worth swapping? My buddy has an m50 that he said he'd sell me with a trans or what about making the m42 a 2L or boosting it? I've heard they are light... that would be an advantage but stock I feel like I'd rather have a 325, but if this 318is could work then it wouldn't be bad but he was also saying it needs trans work but from what I was reading it sounds like it's more cost effective to just buy a used trans...

sigpic

Comment

Or would it be better to buy this what looks to be clean 4 door 325 that's auto and then swap in a 5 speed....

sigpic

Comment

Slow in a straight line doesn't mean it isn't fun! There are so many tracks in Colorado and that's where the E30 really is the most fun. Drive both cars. Depending on your situation I would opt for the slower 5 speed over the faster auto if you want to have fun with the car every now and then.

Comment

Originally posted by squidmaster View Post
                        Slow in a straight line doesn't mean it isn't fun! There are so many tracks in Colorado and that's where the E30 really is the most fun. Drive both cars. Depending on your situation I would opt for the slower 5 speed over the faster auto if you want to have fun with the car every now and then.

Well my thought is if that 318 needs trans work then maybe it would be a good opportunity to swap it if I could find a motor and trans that would go in so I'm not sure what to do ughhhh

sigpic

Comment

Hey guys, I'm heading down to Pikes Peak for the hill climb on Sunday. I haven't been before, anybody have any suggestions on the best spot to spectate?

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jneumss View Post
                            Hey guys, I'm heading down to Pikes Peak for the hill climb on Sunday. I haven't been before, anybody have any suggestions on the best spot to spectate?

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

From everything I know everyone has always told me go early, I know last year they had a shuttle you could go up on, but other than that I'm not super familiar!

sigpic

Comment

My dudes, which one of you was driving the sweet late-model red sedan this evening on Aurora Pkwy and Smoky Hill?

E46t

Comment

I bought a car guys!!

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X