Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone have a 325i/e throwout bearing handy that they could take some measurements off of for me? I need the following measurements.

Red: distance between corners

Blue: width of flat step

Green: OD of ears

Yellow: distance between flats

It would be much appreciated. Thank you!
    The beatings will continue until morale improves

Comment

I've got one handy but it is for an m42 which is different...
      318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
      '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

According to the pure truth and all knowingness of the interwebs, they are actually the same throwout bearing. With that in mind, if you could pull the measurements off of it, I would be very grateful.

Comment

Hey folks, does anyone locally have an extra voltage regulator (Bosch 1 197 311 021) for the E30 Bosch alternator?

Hoping to find one before the weekend.

Comment

Yes, I believe I have one.

Comment

I also have a few alternator voltage regulators and alternators. 7209854892 (Colfax and Quebec)

Originally posted by THE DUDE ABIDES View Post
              Yes, I believe I have one.
              That's cuz you have one of mine! LMFAO....
              1989 332iS AW2 @ 2,342 lbs. m20b31 (JE FSR 10.5:1; 284/280 cam; ST+1 Intakes; RHD 40mm ITB/CF Plenum; Stahl 1.5"/CRMB X/Borla XS Pro; TMS J-Stock suspension (Ver. 2); M3 E3 undertray/VAC CF splitter; exhaust blown difusser; (Teves Mk60 ABS in trunk next)

Originally posted by Jb325is
              Sucks for everyone involved. Lots of guys are just building IG cars these days... Look good on the internet, but in real life they're hacked up piles of shit.
              Transaction Feedback: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=258421

Comment

Originally posted by nogapersnBMWs View Post
                That's cuz you have one of mine! LMFAO....

Haha, right! No, but seriously, I actually have two or three brand new ones that I bought a couple years ago when I was motivated and thought I could rebuild my own alternator. They're genuine too. Still in the box.

Comment

Haha, right! No, but seriously, I actually have two or three brand new ones that... [are] genuine too. Still in the box.
                  Shit, in that case contact "THE DUDE ABIDES"/Eric for genuine new BMW voltage regulators. Not worth cheaping-out and buying used IMHO (minimal "style" points)...

THE DUDE ABIDES/Eric, bleed that PITA clutch slave and LMK
                  Last edited by nogapersnBMWs; 08-09-2018, 04:45 PM.
                  1989 332iS AW2 @ 2,342 lbs. m20b31 (JE FSR 10.5:1; 284/280 cam; ST+1 Intakes; RHD 40mm ITB/CF Plenum; Stahl 1.5"/CRMB X/Borla XS Pro; TMS J-Stock suspension (Ver. 2); M3 E3 undertray/VAC CF splitter; exhaust blown difusser; (Teves Mk60 ABS in trunk next)

Sucks for everyone involved. Lots of guys are just building IG cars these days... Look good on the internet, but in real life they're hacked up piles of shit.

Comment

So I may have spoken too soon. It looks like the voltage regulator that I have is a 1197311027. Technically, it's a different part. Though to be honest I'm not sure that it wouldn't work. The ones I have and the part number that you gave look the same....and as we all know, when it comes to electronics, it dey looks da same, den deys da same. Just kidding.

Comment

So I may have spoken too soon. It looks like the voltage regulator that I have is a 1197311027. Technically, it's a different part. Though to be honest I'm not sure that it wouldn't work. The ones I have and the part number that you gave look the same....and as we all know, when it comes to electronics, it dey looks da same, den deys da same. Just kidding.
                      If you Goggle 1197311021 and 1197311027 you will see that they cross-reference as the SAME voltage regulator part.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

Comment

If you Goggle 1197311021 and 1197311027 you will see that they cross-reference as the SAME voltage regulator part.

See "Description"

Last edited by nogapersnBMWs; 08-09-2018, 07:17 PM.

Comment

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]
                          Last edited by nogapersnBMWs; 08-09-2018, 07:15 PM.

Comment

Awesome, I just got home and was about to look that up. Dm sent.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

I must have missed that cross reference. I was trying to establish that link between the two. Thanks for catching that.

I also just checked the Bosch unit I have on the car now and the spare Bosch one that I got from you and they have completely different regulator numbers. One ends in 090 and the other ends in 005. So I think the lesson of the day is that regulator part numbers don't matter so long as it fits and is the right color.

Comment

Thanks to THE DUDE ABIDES, I was back up and running today, with headlights and a radio. Thanks again man.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
                                Last edited by jneumss; 08-12-2018, 12:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X