Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've driven that 335d Roland... And yes, it fucking rocks. Autotragic transmission or not, 425 ft lbs in a sub 2-ton vehicle is fantastic. Especially since it happens from 1400-3600rpm.
    Chris
    97 M3
    01 325
    Weston Auto Gallery

Comment

Dude that is tight! But for the price you could have soooooooo many other cars that would cover all of those bases.
      JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

my dad just picked up a 2011 335d a few weeks back, and he loves it. I haven't driven it yet since he lives on the East Coast...

Comment

Originally posted by Cloudbase View Post
          Dude that is tight! But for the price you could have soooooooo many other cars that would cover all of those bases.
          The wagon or the 335d?

For the 335D, I would agree. If you are content with a 4 door sedan then the world opens up.

For the wagon....there aren't that many options that look that sexy.

- E30, DSM, Golf R, Mazda 3 Skyactiv

Comment

Drove a 335d in Germany... Meh.

That wagon, drool!
            My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Guy is on crack!!, and i thought my seats were expensive!
              sigpic
              HyperWerkz

89 mtech2, s50, AR Kit, borgwarner s362, e-85, 15psi... 592whp
              " enjoy the show "

Comment

whoa he went down $10! This guy is really serious about selling those fine seats

Comment

Originally posted by hyperE30 View Post
                  http://denver.craigslist.org/pts/3487942219.html

yep I linked this ad here a while back when he first posted, he was on crack then, still on crack now. One of the most hilarious prices I have seen, other than the time someone wanted $1500 for some stock E28 metric wheels.

Comment

What would you guys pick then, for a four door sedan that is fast, quick, and will return 35+ mpg?

A reflashed 335d runs low 13s, with exhaust guys are getting into the 12s....all while getting 40mpg. Im all ears for another car that can do similar speeds with similar mpg.
                    2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                    95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
                    98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerman325i View Post
                      What would you guys pick then, for a four door sedan that is fast, quick, and will return 35+ mpg?

A reflashed 335d runs low 13s, with exhaust guys are getting into the 12s....all while getting 40mpg. Im all ears for another car that can do similar speeds with similar mpg.
                      Hey, I'm all about this car. If I was older and wealthy, I would sure buy one.

Comment

I was referring to the wagon. 335D just doesn't appeal to me. But the cost of either of those new would be more than an airplane payment, hanger, and insurance. I was going to spend that kind of cash I would keep driving older cars and spend that money else where (if I had it). For the money you would spend on a new BMW you could buy and campaign a GTS car for several years including a beater tow vehicle.
                        JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

Originally posted by hyperE30 View Post
                          http://denver.craigslist.org/pts/3487942219.html

The driver side is only more worn though. It' not like it's torn to bits or anything, oh wait...

Comment

If you throw the MPG in there....then nothing else. When I think diesel I think of massive usable torque. I don't really care about the MPG benefits. Expensive 4 doors, out of warranty, just aren't my thing. I much prefer going hatch/wagon or the complete opposite side and get a small 2 door coupe. If I absolutely had to do it I would get an E90 M3. You can find them in the low 30k.

Comment

oh, i was all about them too! we were going to buy an e90 M3 back in 09. in germany w/ the military discount, you could get a no option, non metallic paint E90 M3 for $47k free and clear. I was going to part/sell the E30 and use it as the family car and ring car, but insurance was $750 a month! So next up was to keep the E30 and get a 335d, but when we drove one, both my wife and I were just "meh" about the car.

I was watching series 7 of top gear today while trying to get over this head cold I have, and the E90 was so "meh" to them that they it didn't even deserve to be put up on the cool wall. That's how I felt about the 335d we drove.

Also the paddles for shifting sucked, and the window switches are in a position for someone with micheal phelps wingspan, not a normal persons.
                              My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Originally posted by Cloudbase View Post
                                I was referring to the wagon. 335D just doesn't appeal to me. But the cost of either of those new would be more than an airplane payment, hanger, and insurance. I was going to spend that kind of cash I would keep driving older cars and spend that money else where (if I had it). For the money you would spend on a new BMW you could buy and campaign a GTS car for several years including a beater tow vehicle.
                                Understandable. New cars are crazy expensive. If we didn't put on 3000+ miles a month on one car I would only have old cars too.

Comment

Working...
                                X