This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Roland H View Post
    Sent that guy an email 11 days ago...in that time I decided I do not want that car lol

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
    Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

So I found this interesting Honda CRX on CL, it's a 1989 Si, apparently in great shape, but not running. These make great auto-x cars, and he wants $600. http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/2157059948.html

I talked to the guy, he talks waaaay too much, but he's in a crunch to sell it, and he says it's the headgasket, but I am disinclined to believe him. I would buy that car assuming it needs another engine (worst case scenario). Apparently it has some performance parts like a long tube header and some sort of lightweight flywheel.

then again, here is another non-running CRX Si for $450: http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/2122388643.html
      Last edited by iamsam; 01-17-2011, 08:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by iamcreepingdeath View Post
        So I found this interesting Honda CRX on CL, it's a 1989 Si, apparently in great shape, but not running. These make great auto-x cars, and he wants $600. http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/2157059948.html

I talked to the guy, he talks waaaay too much, but he's in a crunch to sell it, and he says it's the headgasket, but I am disinclined to believe him. I would buy that car assuming it needs another engine (worst case scenario). Apparently it has some performance parts like a long tube header and some sort of lightweight flywheel.

then again, here is another non-running CRX Si for $450: http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/2122388643.html
        Yup, either one of those cars will cost you a new motor and whatever you value your man card at.

Comment

I drove a $400 CRX for 6 months as an airport car before it died. The CV axles sounded like just married cans dragging underneath the front end every time I turned. Then I had a small fire from a bad fuel line, but I was able to put it out and get to work. Donated it to the Kidney Foundation back when you could get blue book.

I would think FWD for auto cross would get old quick coming from an E30. For a commuter it would be great, even being an SI it should be able to get at least high 30's mpg with a good tune. My brother just got a '95 CX Hatch for his commuter and is getting 40-45mpg.
          JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

Originally posted by Cloudbase View Post
            I drove a $400 CRX for 6 months as an airport car before it died. The CV axles sounded like just married cans dragging underneath the front end every time I turned. Then I had a small fire from a bad fuel line, but I was able to put it out and get to work. Donated it to the Kidney Foundation back when you could get blue book.

I would think FWD for auto cross would get old quick coming from an E30. For a commuter it would be great, even being an SI it should be able to get at least high 30's mpg with a good tune. My brother just got a '95 CX Hatch for his commuter and is getting 40-45mpg.
            yeah, im prob going to stick with my ol' 318is, i just get weird urges every once in a while to buy some old clunker for kicks... ha ha, that's probably bad for me...

Comment

Could be a sweet deal for whoever wants to mire themselves in some M62 swappage... http://denver.craigslist.org/pts/2165164059.html

Comment

Too bad M62s are rare as shit on the used market.

Comment

He's updated...

looks like a salvage title, and front end damage.

Comment

this could have potential...

Comment

Its an M20 E34, possibly the slowest car BMW has ever produced.

Comment

He's updated...

looks like a salvage title, and front end damage.

Well if someone buys it for the engine I will take the mirrors and the style 24's if he has 4 of them.

- E30, DSM, Golf R, Mazda 3 Skyactiv

Comment

Originally posted by iamcreepingdeath View Post
                          Its an M20 E34, possibly the slowest car BMW has ever produced.
                          You forget the E21 and the 84 318i.
                          2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                          95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
                          98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Originally posted by blefevre View Post
                            Well if someone buys it for the engine I will take the mirrors and the style 24's if he has 4 of them.
                            you need e34 mirrors?
                            1991 325iC - Mauritsblau sumthin metallic blue. DEAD
                            1992 525i - Silber sumthin sumthin metallic- Rolling again, needs suspension/wheels/brakes/paint.... Fuck you A4S310R; BEAT YOU.
                            1989 325i - Cirrusblau Metallic sumthin sumthin-project - trying to clean up the interior(done), then the body, then a 5spd, then suspension, then..... - [Stolen :| ]
                            1991 325iC - Calypsorot Metallic
                            1994 540i - Granitsilber

Originally posted by scabzzzz
                            I've had blunts cock in my mouth, but I'm not gay.

Comment

looks like the M3 got deleted from CL

Comment

Yeah, it was for the M3 add. I need alpine sedan mirrors. Not too easy to find.

- E30, DSM, Golf R, Mazda 3 Skyactiv

Comment

Working...
                                X