This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by squidmaster View Post
    Man that looks like a pretty fast track. I always laugh when I watch videos of E30s far outpacing new kid-racer cars like the 86 Thanks for sharing

Let me know when you're going out to Pueblo next. I'm sure Ted would like to join
    Not a problem!

We're thinking about going back to HPR soon for a bit of a test and tune. The rear swaybar is too tight and one of the guys is convinced the diff is going bad. Since the 3.73lsd is mandated in Spec E30 and we're not governed by those rules, we're thinking a 4:10 might be a smarter choice. This will give us a gearing advantage in a few corners where the car is either on redline at corner exit, or it's bogging mid corner in the higher gear.

I'm not sure why that vid didn't upload with sound, but here it is with an M20 soundtrack.

My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Aha I just figured your actioncam was in one of those cases where you can't really hear anything anyway.

Sorry if this is posted elsewhere, but what are your F/R spring rates and sway bar size? Thought I was buying a decent e30, turns out it's in kinda poor condition, so I'm going to strip it and fling it around the track. Currently have Billy sports and IE stg3 springs for it.

Comment

It's whatever spec E30 rules allow. I think holstein sports and H&R race? I.E. sways maybe? I'm not sure. I do know the bars are blue and adjustable and it's a bit too stiff in the rear.

WRL doc's your power/weight ratio classification for certain mods and adjustable shocks are one of them, so I'd really like to find J-stock springs/shocks and run those, it should be a hoot! I also have an E30 rack in the garage that will tighten up the turn ratio a decent amount. That'd be a nice "free" upgrade.

Comment

Oh gotcha. I assumed you had a custom rate setup or something. Ya mean the e36 rack?

Comment

E30 M3 rack, sorry!

Comment

You reminded me I needed to adjust my sway bars. I hate spherical end links....

Honestly there has got to be a better design than a hex inset bolt, especially when they're apparently made of Yukon gold potatoes. Replaced the fronts with fixed bolt end links (is there a more proper term for these?) Was going to get the rears but was too fed up when three out of four of the hex insets rounded out.

Comment

Best solution:
                Untitled by ericandshovin, on Flickr

Untitled by ericandshovin, on Flickr

and no rear sway bar, don't need it!

Comment

This car has stock shocks and struts no need for all that fancy jazz :)

Comment

Ok, so the weather is gorgeous this weekend. Who's down to do a Saturday or Sunday afternoon Third Thursday meetup?

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                    Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

I could be down for something what do you have in mind?

Comment

Originally posted by squidmaster View Post
                        I could be down for something what do you have in mind?
                        Just a quick meet up probably at a beer place as per usual. I don't know where exactly though. It's always kinda tough to gauge interest in order to determine a good spot around here.

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                        Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

I like beer :)

Comment

I'm likely going to IKEA Sunday for more shelves, if anyone wants to grab a drink before I head back to the springs

Comment

Have some things going on and won't be able to make it, sorry.
                              There is a 5pm meet at Sonic on Arapahoe Rd right near there (But today/saturday)

Seems like everybody uses facebook for gatherings nowadays.
                              http://www.Drive4Corners.com

Comment

Ahh, I don't use facebook. I have one for the business but I only check it once every few months. I'm really bad at social media. If someone can share the facebook meets on here that would help me a lot!

Comment

Working...
                                X