PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cbake82 View Post
    So anyone wanna do a meet and help me do a center support bearing replacement? Mine is gettin pretty bad and it sounds like the driveline is smacking on the bottom of my car... I finally have a little bit of cash and it needs to be done... I dont have a garage to use due to the ix being down and I dont have air tools to make it a 20 minute job... I couldn't get it off when I did my guibo so I don't know what the deal is... I don't have the part yet but I will be ordering it tomorrow and also checkin with Kuni BMW. So who's up for it? I would love to check out the Horsepower freaks shop if that guy is down, but any help would be cool...
    I have a brand new Febi one I'll sell cheap. PM me if interested.
    '89 Schwarz E30 M3 Cabriolet Build

Comment

Originally posted by Van Westervelt View Post
      Snag one locally. I work at Kuni, so thats a good choice. :) CSBs are actually cake to do. Takes about 90 min on jack stands. 1/2 that on a lift with the right tools present. Separating the driveshaft and preloading the csb are the easiest part. Hardest is removing the four diff flange bolts, and pulling the bearing off. And those arent even hard.
      How long have you been at Kuni?

Comment

Originally posted by Matt-B View Post
        I had 2 for sale threads lol
        Yeah, but searching for them is harder than just asking since it said you were browsing this thread.

As to why, I was just brainstorming. I was considering going the M42 route because the power gain is about the same as a M20B23, but it weighs less and gets better MPG. The result, I'm still going to put in a M20B23.

Comment

Originally posted by DeM3n View Post
          How long have you been at Kuni?
          Same. I didn't know you worked there. dealership jobs have some nice perks ;)

Comment

Well I called kuni, they wanted 167 and it had to be ordered so I called discount import parts and they had one in stock for 27 so who wants to help put it on lol
            CBAKE
            86 Eta (sold)
            88 325ix (sold)
            87 325i

Comment

I use discount all the time. Just be sure they quote you for the whole unit. A lot of times they just price the bearing itself.

Been at Kuni for a couple months. Just a couple days a week, in order to take advantage of said benefits. :) Buy parts at Kuni and get your beaters washed for free, lol. Been acquiring a lot of parts myself lately. lol
              Last edited by Van Westervelt; 03-04-2011, 11:30 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Twelvizm View Post
                Yeah, but searching for them is harder than just asking since it said you were browsing this thread.

As to why, I was just brainstorming. I was considering going the M42 route because the power gain is about the same as a M20B23, but it weighs less and gets better MPG. The result, I'm still going to put in a M20B23.

shoulda bought mine

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

Halsey Import parts in Portland has good prices too!
                  sigpic

Comment

Why the fuck am I still here on a Friday night? I wanna drinkkk....
                    Someone text me....

out dated sig is out dated

Comment

Because this thread is bitchin, that's why lol
                      On a side note, I'm so ready for summer, fuck this rain, might need to trade in the e30 for a goddamn boat.
                      sigpic

Comment

who the fuck is this!?

out dated sig is out dated

Comment

Start it with a screwdriver?
                          Classy.
                          sigpic

Comment

stolen

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

Originally posted by AbeSonic View Post
                              I emailed them yesterday its a woman named brittney P.
                              1988 325ic Bronzit Metallic.
                              1987 325issold
                              1987 325es Lemons
                              1984 533i 135k R.I.P
                              1998 subaru legacy GTsold
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Van Westervelt View Post
                                I use discount all the time. Just be sure they quote you for the whole unit. A lot of times they just price the bearing itself.

Been at Kuni for a couple months. Just a couple days a week, in order to take advantage of said benefits. :) Buy parts at Kuni and get your beaters washed for free, lol. Been acquiring a lot of parts myself lately. lol
                                yeah I've always good experiences with discount got the whole csb for 27 bucks... So are you a tech at kuni
                                CBAKE
                                86 Eta (sold)
                                88 325ix (sold)
                                87 325i

Comment

Working...
                                X