No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been collecting parts to build a 2.7i for a while now. I have a freshly rebuilt 885 head with some port work, seta pistons extra 2.7 bottom end, 274 cam, i harness fuel management etc. only thing I'm using off the b23 is the flywheel.

All I need is ,b25 afm , gaskets, rings, bearings and seals.

Anybody know much all this stuff is roughly going to run me? I need to get this thing together quick!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Is it a used exhaust system? Mmmmmaybe the engine it was bolted to prior puked a bunch of oil into it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryann View Post
        Is it a used exhaust system? Mmmmmaybe the engine it was bolted to prior puked a bunch of oil into it.
        Yeah it's used but the last engine it was bolted to was the one it's on now....

Comment

I've been told by a few people that my car smokes pretty bad when I downshift hard and under high Rpm's in general. I rape it, the po raped it, and it has unknown mileage over 300k I'm sure it's toast.

Comment

Originally posted by IronJoe View Post
            Anybody have one of those "My other car is an e30" stickers they'd like to gift me? I saw them at the picnic but didn't grab one
            I grabbed like 10, I dunno the next time ill be around tho

91 Alpinweiss2 318is OBD2 S52

Comment

Seth just keep driving it lol it will just blow one day and be a good laugh

Comment

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
                Yeah that will be hilarious....

The sad thing is that it probably won't blow, but my tags expire tomorow and I'm pretty sure it's not going to pass emissions.

Comment

Just buy a carbon filter from a grow shop before emissions and stuff it in your e30's muffler ...dotdot

Originally posted by Pdxseth View Post
                  Yeah that will be hilarious....

The sad thing is that it probably won't blow, but my tags expire tomorow and I'm pretty sure it's not going to pass emissions.

Comment

Originally posted by the imitator View Post
                    Just buy a carbon filter from a grow shop before emissions and stuff it in your e30's muffler ...dotdot
                    Shit, I have tons of activated carbon for fish tanks, will that actually work? I feel like it would just blow chunks of carbon out of my exhaust lol.

Comment

I have a couple M20B25 AFMs. Twenny dorra
                      '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
                        I have a couple M20B25 AFMs. Twenny dorra
                        Add 1 to my pile.

Comment

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post

I was sideways when mine exploded. It WAS hilarious!
                          -Peter
                          '86 S52 coupe | Cotm: 6/18
                          '91 318is slicktop project
                          '14 F15 X5 35d M Sport
                          '00 Tundra

Comment

Originally posted by Habla View Post
                            I was sideways when mine exploded. It WAS hilarious!
                            sideways in an eta? ground must've been wet
                            Simon
                            Current Cars:
                            -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

BMW drivers, quit embarrassing me:

View more on this study at PBS NewsHour's Making Sense: http://www.pbs.org/newshour/economy/making-sense/ and http://www.pbs.org/newshour/making-sense/why-th...

Comment

As much as I'd like to say yes, I have absolutely no clue. In theory it should atleast help a little bit, if you packed it in a container correctly( like a 3/4 filled maraca) , it will barely have an affect on CFM, so back pressure isnt the worry, if you have a 2.5'' exhaust, find a small tube that holds a pound or 2 in the same diameter and an old muffler.

Originally posted by Pdxseth View Post
                                Shit, I have tons of activated carbon for fish tanks, will that actually work? I feel like it would just blow chunks of carbon out of my exhaust lol.

Last edited by the imitator; 10-31-2013, 02:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X