Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    I have used ones, I want new

    Comment


      Why do you need a new one? unless you smash it on a speed bump or fill it with metal shavings they literally dont go bad.
      1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
      willschnitz

      Comment


        Better safe than sorry. I don't want to spend a bunch of money to have the oil pump fail.

        Comment


          Originally posted by kid325e View Post
          Who lives around me? Aside from Gerta? I'm off of 228th near the Kenmore gun range.
          i'm up a bit more to the north, near 180th

          Comment


            Originally posted by Pdxseth View Post
            Better safe than sorry. I don't want to spend a bunch of money to have the oil pump fail.
            I'm not sure about M20 but you can rebuild a 24v oil pump for pretty cheap

            Comment


              I have everything you need duder. PM'd


              Originally posted by delamaize View Post
              Check your parts bin, My buddy need a STOCK Exhaust (manifold back) and airbox for a early M10 car. PM me if you can help.

              Comment


                anybody selling a decent condition e30? friend of mine needs a daily driver.
                My Build Thread

                My Transaction Feedback

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Pdxseth View Post
                  Better safe than sorry. I don't want to spend a bunch of money to have the oil pump fail.
                  From my understanding (and anyone please correct me if I'm wrong), the oil pump is driveshaft driven...meaning the driveshaft is driven by a gear, which is powered by the crank.

                  So in theory, the pump can't fail unless...unless for some reason, the pump sucks up something so large, that it fails to circulate oil. Or, if you crack your pan and damage the pump in the process.
                  -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
                  02' ///M Coupe 'Clownshoe'- TiAg/Black & Estoril- SOLD
                  12' E70 X5 Diesel - Daily Driver
                  19' Harley Davidson FXBB Street Bob


                  Leave me Feedback!
                  http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=223522

                  Originally posted by IronJoe
                  Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.
                  Originally posted by 2mAn
                  Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by spiDmang View Post
                    From my understanding (and anyone please correct me if I'm wrong), the oil pump is driveshaft driven...meaning the driveshaft is driven by a gear, which is powered by the crank.

                    So in theory, the pump can't fail unless...unless for some reason, the pump sucks up something so large, that it fails to circulate oil. Or, if you crack your pan and damage the pump in the process.

                    Yup



                    also





                    I got Rekt, caliper decided to work perfectly fine until new brakes, then all of a sudden it decides no more working guide pins. Yay.
                    1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                    willschnitz

                    Comment


                      Gotta love those rusty exhaust systems. Have to cut at a small section at the mid pipe and I can finally move onto the heat shield. Also, if anyone has an engine hoist locally I could use to pull an engine, let me know. I would be in your...otherwise here comes craigslists!
                      Last edited by HarukoE30; 09-17-2014, 02:13 PM. Reason: edit
                      Originally posted by James Crivellone
                      1) The internet is NOT serious business.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by HarukoE30 View Post
                        Gotta love those rusty exhaust systems. Have to cut at a small section at the mid pipe and I can finally move onto the heat shield. Also, if anyone has an engine hoist locally I could use to pull an engine, let me know. I would be in your...otherwise here comes craigslists!
                        Id just rent the hoist, you can get a nice hoist for like $50-75 a day.

                        Hows the engine in that car?
                        1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                        willschnitz

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by HarukoE30 View Post
                          Gotta love those rusty exhaust systems. Have to cut at a small section at the mid pipe and I can finally move onto the heat shield. Also, if anyone has an engine hoist locally I could use to pull an engine, let me know. I would be in your...otherwise here comes craigslists!




                          You can borrow mine with the leveler for a six pack. Located in Bothell, WA.
                          Parts Collector and Former Houndstooth interior junkie.

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by HarukoE30 View Post
                            Gotta love those rusty exhaust systems. Have to cut at a small section at the mid pipe and I can finally move onto the heat shield. Also, if anyone has an engine hoist locally I could use to pull an engine, let me know. I would be in your...otherwise here comes craigslists!
                            harbor freight + 20% off coupon gogogogogogo. unless you are 100% sure you can get it done in 1-2 days, you're better off buying one and selling it when you're done.

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by moreoff View Post
                              anybody selling a decent condition e30? friend of mine needs a daily driver.
                              What kind of budget does he have?

                              Comment


                                Little more then I wanted to spend for a Tire Pressure Gauge/Chuck but after using my coworkers Blue Point digi gauge I had to have one for the home garage.





                                Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
                                clutchCTRL!
                                Move with a purpose.
                                - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                                - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
                                - 2000 323i AT
                                2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X