PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kid325e View Post
    Anyone want to school me on a Metal Line Flaring tool? Bringing home 25FT of 5/16" inch to run all new fuel lines in the 2002 and i'm barrowing a Flare tool set from one of the techs.. I feel like there is a learning curve... lol
    There is. Grab some cheap lines from a parts store and play with the bender for awhile. A couple of 5' chunks of 3/8 or 5/16 is only ten bucks or something. Just realize you don't start the bend where you think they'll be, but before or after (depending on the bender).
    84 325e - 91 325i - 92 318 touring - 91 Trans Am - 01 S4 avant - 03 S-type R - 96 F350
    Manual swap all the things!

Comment

Where do you guys get tires mounted and balanced?

My tires are pretty bald. I went in to les schwab for a quote on new tires and they are on crack! They want 800 bucks for stupid Toyo proxes 4s...154bucks a tire plus mount bal and crap... Like 300 bucks more than they should cost... Thinking I can order some tires from tire rack or eBay but then where do I get them put on without getting shafted like the last time I had tires put on?
      -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
      08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
      318iS, slow build/garage queen...
      '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
      Originally posted by roguetoaster
      Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

I take mine to the Mexicans on Rainier ave. $15/tire mounted and balanced, cash. Had it done in about 20 mins.
        sigpic

4 doors.. so much room for activities!

IG @bluebombr

Transaction Feedback:

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=323622

Comment

Originally posted by ncsubowen View Post
          I take mine to the Mexicans on Rainier ave. $15/tire mounted and balanced, cash. Had it done in about 20 mins.

^this, buy tires online, bring them to Mexicans, 50 bucks and you can have a taco while you wait.

Just make sure when buying tires on eBay you know how old they may be.

Comment

You can take them to Meisterwerks. Help a fellow enthusiasts over the Mexicans for the same price. Plus they won't jack up your wheels.
            Originally posted by Sonny
            I am a meme for our community.

Comment

Anyone have a recommendation for a good, quality exhaust shop in the Portland area? I'm talking mandrel bends, SS material, etc.

Comment

RSI could probably help you out

Comment

Originally posted by DrJosh View Post
                  You can take them to Meisterwerks. Help a fellow enthusiasts over the Mexicans for the same price. Plus they won't jack up your wheels.
                  I mean every time I've been there the dude was super quick and did a great job. Plus I have never seen such collective reverence for 14" weaves.

And getting taco truck at the same time is pretty clutch.
                  sigpic

4 doors.. so much room for activities!

IG @bluebombr

Transaction Feedback:

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=323622

Comment

Welp, I should've looked a bit closer at the motor I just picked up. Does anyone have an M42 lower pan?
                    84 325e - 91 325i - 92 318 touring - 91 Trans Am - 01 S4 avant - 03 S-type R - 96 F350
                    Manual swap all the things!

Comment

M42...wut
                      '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Originally posted by OldDrunkenSailor View Post
                        Go to an interior shop and tell them you want 2 buckets, a bench, and door panels in leather for $1,200, I dare you. I recommend baggy clothes so it's easier for them to throw you out.

Or some really comfortable knee pads, you'll be on duty for a while.
                        Ahh didnt know you wanted everything done, Ive just seen decent covers done for about that for the fronts. But yeah panels bench, etc isnt cheap.
                        1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                        willschnitz

Comment

That is a mindbogglingly weird presumption to make. If I wanted my fronts to look nothing like my rears I could spend $1,250 doing it.
                          Alpha Team Inductee

2014 Icon E-Flyer
                          2013 Zboard San Francisco Special
                          2010 Buell XB9SX
                          2009 Harley-Davidson 883 Iron - "Xerces"
                          1991 BMW 362iS Touring - "Stephanie/The Death Machine 2.0"
                          1974 Honda CB360/CL360 Scrambler Project
                          1971 Honda Trail 90 - "Stephen Parish"
                          2008 Saab 9-3 Convertible
                          2002 Mazda Miata LS

Comment

Originally posted by OldDrunkenSailor View Post
                            That is a mindbogglingly weird presumption to make. If I wanted my fronts to look nothing like my rears I could spend $1,250 doing it.
                            hehe
                            '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Has anyone been to Redbull Global Rally Cross up at Dirtfish when it comes around? I remember going a few years ago and it was so awesome.

Anyway, they're coming to Seattle to a race August 30th, they havn't announced a track yet but i'm really hoping it's Dirtfish again.
                              Info here: http://www.redbullglobalrallycross.com/about-grc/
                              clutchCTRL!
                              Move with a purpose.
                              - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                              - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
                              - 2000 323i AT
                              2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Originally posted by iansane View Post
                                Welp, I should've looked a bit closer at the motor I just picked up. Does anyone have an M42 lower pan?
                                AustinK has a lower pan for sale ... hit him up.
                                Parts Collector and Former Houndstooth interior junkie.

Comment

Working...
                                X