PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
    Those would be cool pics without the filter!

No filter, my friend. I don't believe in them. The dust from the wildfire had obscured the sun and they came out that way. :)
    Derek-

Comment

Anyone else have trouble with bmw lock nuts? They seem to strip with anything over 70ftlbs.
      1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
      willschnitz

Comment

RE: Misfire on my 02

Spent some time on it on Saturday - checked the resistance to the CPS - Spec is about 540ish - the one in the 2002 checked out at 900... wtf.

All my injectors are firing (according to my noid light set) - what got me to start thinking about the CPS was when I was checking spark I was only getting spark on cylinder 2. Not saying i've found the answer but this definitely is a red flag. Plugs in it were pretty new but they've since been replaced with a good new set I had ready for the car.

Did the same test on the good one in my iX - was right on the dot at 540 - i've got a new CPS, going to throw it in when I get home. Also, new plug wires, TPS, and FPR - just in case. I won't let this M20 beat me.
        clutchCTRL!
        Move with a purpose.
        - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
        - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
        - 2000 323i AT
        2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
          Anyone else have trouble with bmw lock nuts? They seem to strip with anything over 70ftlbs.
          Not sure if I have the same set as you but the BMW set i've got; i've never had issues with - the techs at work never seem to tear them up.

We/I torque them to 120NM (88 FT LBS for you euro guys stuck in domestic world.)
          clutchCTRL!
          Move with a purpose.
          - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
          - 2000 323i AT
          2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Originally posted by kid325e View Post
            Not sure if I have the same set as you but the BMW set i've got; i've never had issues with - the techs at work never seem to tear them up.

We/I torque them to 120NM (88 FT LBS for you euro guys stuck in domestic world.)
            Which ones? they have the traditional squiggly circle and the old school little spikes. I got the squiggly circle and they just strip, unless my torque wrenches are off by 20ftlbs I dont see how I could be over-torquing.
            1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
            willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
              Which ones? they have the traditional squiggly circle and the old school little spikes. I got the squiggly circle and they just strip, unless my torque wrenches are off by 20ftlbs I dont see how I could be over-torquing.
              I doubt you're over-torquing, make sure you're getting it straight on there, that's the only way I can see one getting stripped out. We use the air guns and torque wrenches on them at work and I've never stripped one.
              sigpic
              '88 325is. built M20. dd.
              '72 2002 roundie sold

Instagram @doug_mitchell

Comment

Some updates. Anyone want to part out an e30? I basically just don't want to see it hit a scrap yard while there's still wheels, suspension, glass, interior, and tons of other bits in it.

Anyone interested? Ehhhhh?????

EDIT: No way in hell that MTech2 is going with it. I bought that thing new like four years ago. They moved the column from the coupe to the touring but switched the MTech2 in the coupe for the 1 in the touring. So yeah, MTech1 will be included.
                Last edited by OldDrunkenSailor; 08-25-2015, 02:11 PM.
                Alpha Team Inductee

2014 Icon E-Flyer
                2013 Zboard San Francisco Special
                2010 Buell XB9SX
                2009 Harley-Davidson 883 Iron - "Xerces"
                1991 BMW 362iS Touring - "Stephanie/The Death Machine 2.0"
                1974 Honda CB360/CL360 Scrambler Project
                1971 Honda Trail 90 - "Stephen Parish"
                2008 Saab 9-3 Convertible
                2002 Mazda Miata LS

Comment

I dunno, but I want that M42 wiring loom piece on the firewall
                  Simon
                  Current Cars:
                  -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Just sell me those seats Joel...You wont be needing them for the touring. And we both know my car needs those seats more than you do :)
                    -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
                    91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
                    08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
                    04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
                    Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
                    Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

The Touring actually has sport seats, but they're stupid grey cloth.

I'm planning on keeping sport seats and selling the Lukebox. It's also got a a cardinal leather rear seat with armrest and headrests that a few people have interest in. I just don't want to send what's left to the crusher, ya know?
                      Alpha Team Inductee

2014 Icon E-Flyer
                      2010 Buell XB9SX
                      2002 Mazda Miata LS

Comment

Originally posted by OldDrunkenSailor View Post
                        The Touring actually has sport seats, but they're stupid grey cloth.

I'm planning on keeping sport seats and selling the Lukebox. It's also got a a cardinal leather rear seat with armrest and headrests that a few people have interest in. I just don't want to send what's left to the crusher, ya know?
                        then pull the parts and set them aside lol. and the stupid "grey cloth" interior is way cooler than any vinyl interior you're gonna hoard...if you have any sensibility, you' keep that interior stock and rock that grey cloth til it dies lol :up:
                        -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
                        91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
                        08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
                        04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
                        Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
                        Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

Originally posted by spiDmang View Post
                          then pull the parts and set them aside lol. and the stupid "grey cloth" interior is way cooler than any vinyl interior you're gonna hoard...if you have any sensibility, you' keep that interior stock and rock that grey cloth til it dies lol :up:
                          Lol, that's exactly what I'm doing. The Touring, well, I have no idea what to do with it right now. The coupe seats I'm just hoarding because they're really comfortable seats and I want to have them to sit in. As it stands I need to empty out the Seattle house of my leftbehind stuff and bring the touring down here but I'm already renting two garages and don't want a third.

So yeah, no idea what to do with the touring atm, but it definitely isn't getting coupe seats in it; no more non-matching interior.
                          Alpha Team Inductee

2014 Icon E-Flyer
                          2010 Buell XB9SX
                          2002 Mazda Miata LS

Comment

If you think there are things of value off that chassis you should just pull what you want off and hold on to them. No doubt there are still some things worth of value on that chassis but it's funny nobody needs the shit when you've got it available. Ask me how I know. I got rid of so much stuff, that I thought would be worth something to someone.

Those sport seats are worth pulling and holding on to. The passenger seat looks like there is a wheel/tire sitting on it? Think of the bolsters!
                            clutchCTRL!
                            Move with a purpose.
                            - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                            - 2000 323i AT
                            2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Looking for a 95 525i touring if anyone knows of one.
                              Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Has anyone know this seller or checked this car out yet?

http://portland.craigslist.org/clk/cto/5137245353.html

Comment

Working...
                                X