Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

more like her whines.

Comment

I had Redline in my g260 originally and recently put Royal Purple in it. Seems to have quieted things down a bit and shifts a bit easier into 2nd which has been a little difficult in mine - not sure if that is normal or just synchro wear.

Comment

Originally posted by 4tDX View Post
        I had Redline in my g260 originally and recently put Royal Purple in it. Seems to have quieted things down a bit and shifts a bit easier into 2nd which has been a little difficult in mine - not sure if that is normal or just synchro wear.
        I'll give the royal purple a try. I have the same issue with second gear. I've never had a smooth shift from first to second there is always hesitation.

Comment

^ make sure to let the revs die down proper while the clutch is in and before you ease it into gear. this helps the synchros. how you shift is just as critical as transmission condition.

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
            There are getrags that exist without rattle?

My m50 car only has 90k on the getrag it's solid.

Comment

Oh, and I should say I used 75w-90 for both Redline & Royal Purple.

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
              ^ make sure to let the revs die down proper while the clutch is in and before you ease it into gear. this helps the synchros. how you shift is just as critical as transmission condition.
              I try to take it really easy going into 2nd. Just light pressure on the shift lever and let it fall into gear when its ready. If I shouldn't even being doing that, please say so!

Comment

sounds like you got the technique right. No matter how much you baby it youre still just prolonging its death - cant undue the bad habits of a PO!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Pdxseth View Post
                  My m50 car only has 90k on the getrag it's solid.
                  Yeah IDK ive heard maybe 1 silent one in all the E30s ive had or ridden in. When I got my car my trans was fresh rebuilt and still made noise.

Also everyone knows you slam shift into second, pff letting revs drop.
                  1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                  willschnitz

Comment

The slight "click" into second or third quickly turns into no second or third. Ask me how I know...
                    Hank Ahrens
                    1984 Alpine Coupe
                    1978 911sc

Comment

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
                      cant undue the bad habits of a PO!!!
                      From a guy who used to eat 260s for breakfast, this is very true. I've had good luck with Redline MTL, but I use Royal Purple for everything else - always satisfied.
                      '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

I have put fresh fluid in 3 different trannies and all were noticeably louder afterwards - with the clutch out in neutral you can hear the "whir" of the gears. I figure its inevitable when you change the fluid. any body else wanna chime in on that? the new fluid did always improve shifter feel, though

Comment

I need like a week break, swaps done still need to install ss lines, driveshaft and axles. Someone finish the rest of the car for me now.

Comment

Hey you are almost there, you can take your time and put it together since you have the other one, not like its a rush.
                            willschnitz

Comment

I hate the other one, it shares leftover parts from this ones former 500k+ drivetrain, has shitty coilovers, and of course it's sedan. It's just shit. I don't even consider it an e30. Notice I didn't return to rev until the coupe came out of storage..... I hate it.

Comment

Lolll

at least only the SS brake lines are annoying, im assuming thats what you mean.

The driveshaft and half shafts are bearable if theres no exhaust.
                                willschnitz

Comment

Working...
                                X