Clear All

Hes a paint magician

"Lets get crazy"

-2 seconds later-

insert image of fucking masterpiece
    1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
    willschnitz

Comment

He made it accessible to the average person..

You felt like with some oil paints globbed out on a giant painters palette, you could turn out something that could really tie the room together.

How many artist today are painting because of this man? We may never know, but I am sure it's a decent amount.
      1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
      2016 Ford Flex
      2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

anyone know someone with welding experience?
        '99 e46 323i - wrecked
        '87 e30 325iS - sold
        '91 e30 325i - sold
        '89 e30 M3 - fun car
        '09 e91 328i - sold
        '97 impreza - rally car - flipped
        '08 impreza - new rally car
        '01 996 tt - more fun car
        '82 Ford f350 - work truck

Comment

E30 m3 gto motor cl 25k$

Thoughts on this as an investment? Would 19 or 20 be a reasonable offer?

Comment

Originally posted by kye View Post
            Thoughts on this as an investment? Would 19 or 20 be a reasonable offer?
            Not a good investment. ..
            Hank Ahrens
            1984 Alpine Coupe
            1978 911sc

Comment

So ya got any reasons cause that's not very convincing

Comment

It has an ls in it? That should be convincing enough.
                Hank Ahrens
                1984 Alpine Coupe
                1978 911sc

Comment

Have you driven a ls e30?

Comment

No, but you specifically asked if it would be a good investment. It would not be a good investment. It's a car that will be pretty much impossible to revert back to stock. Therefore it's value won't rise that much in the long run, especially compared to stock m3s.
                    Hank Ahrens
                    1984 Alpine Coupe
                    1978 911sc

Comment

Thanks I understand your point now. I have rode in a ls Garret's actually. I however have not been in or driven an m3 so I think I can justify it if checks out. Anyone else?

Comment

M3s are fun cars, and I'm sure this one is too. It'd just be so much better with a BMW engine.
                        Hank Ahrens
                        1984 Alpine Coupe
                        1978 911sc

Comment

partially fixed my m42. the lower intake wasnt seated properly to the head giving a big vac leak to cylinder 1 (maybe more). fixed that, cleaned the brand new spark plugs (which were pretty black) and installed the airbox with a new filter. Engine doesnt throw the AFM code anymore hooray!! vac leak solved :)

I was feeling lucky and tried taking ti around the block, which the car was barely able to do. It bucks like crazy, I was in 1st and second and the car would have sporadic power, I am pretty convinced its the crank sensor at this point. I was driving with a near constant throttle position in gear and the car would come on power then die out, then come on power and die out. YOU HAVE TO feather the throttle to keep it running, and it misfires bad under 3000 rpm with occasional intake backfires - before I fixed the massive vac leak the intake backfires were much worse. above 3k (while just revving in neutral) it seems to even out and run with less misfires.

another thing to add is that sometimes when trying to keep it running it will just randomly die completely - another reason I believe its the CPS.

if not the sensor itself being wrong, the electrical signal is getting messed up on the way to the DME. the tachometer also stopped working halfway around the block, red herring or linked to the CPS problem?

should I clean the C101 or anything else to help this issue? any suggestions are good ones!!! I know I am very close to getting the car running, perhaps I will get a video of the car's condition tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by kye View Post
                            Thanks I understand your point now. I have rode in a ls Garret's actually. I however have not been in or driven an m3 so I think I can justify it if checks out. Anyone else?

The current owners purchased the car for $20k, relisted it at $33k a week later, and it still hasn't sold. Price has slowly been going down since. They thought that with the m3 hype going on, they could turn a quick and easy profit, but isn't the case with such a modded car like this one...
                            -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
                            91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
                            08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
                            04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
                            Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
                            Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

^Pretty sure the current owner is on r3v. I think he just dried to say the moon roof I have is worth 300 and that I was on crack.
                              Hank Ahrens
                              1984 Alpine Coupe
                              1978 911sc

Comment

Originally posted by spiDmang View Post
                                The current owners purchased the car for $20k, relisted it at $33k a week later, and it still hasn't sold. Price has slowly been going down since. They thought that with the m3 hype going on, they could turn a quick and easy profit, but isn't the case with such a modded car like this one...
                                Yeah the only way that dude will ever get his money back is if he finds a sucker.

It would be one thing if the dude actually made the car better, but throwing in a mis matched interior and painting a hood isnt a 12k increase.
                                1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                                willschnitz

Comment

Working...
                                X