No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the rear drains drain great. the front ones I ran weed wacker trimmer down and got zero dirt, and it takes the same length of trimmer on both sides. there was a bunch of dirt in the bottom of the fender where they drain but I sprayed it out with a strong jet of water. Seemingly the drains are clear...

I think Im just going to just deal with it till spring when i can get the carpet out and R&R everything and let the carpet dry in the sun. its not my daily so its not a giant deal, I just hate having all that moisture in the interior.

Comment

Does it have Pop out quarter windows? Does the side trim have holes that water could go behind the trim?
      -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
      08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
      318iS, slow build/garage queen...
      '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
      Originally posted by roguetoaster
      Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

yes it does. it may have the holes. I am gonna pull the door cards out to clean them next weekend and look to see any evidence of the quarter windows leaking. but until then Im tuckered out on the cars. I removed the tint off the sedan today and had the pleasure of scrubbing all the glue off, if youve ever done it you know how bad it sucks. I removed all the black tar off the doors too (the shit that holds the vaper barriers on)

Comment

Taking off the tint sticky crap sucks, ugh. My buddy says to use a heat gun when removing tint as the sticky crap will come off with the tint but idk. Yuck
          -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
          08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
          318iS, slow build/garage queen...
          '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
          Originally posted by roguetoaster
          Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
            I dont see how windshield water can get from the front to the very back of the passenger cabin, especially when i park the car nose first down hill.

this car is rust free. zero rust.
            Dude....water is entering your rear end somehow ;D

But seriously, if your nose end is downhill, it's either entering from your trunk, taillights or rear windshield. I literally had this same issue. I always parked downhill and found my rear footwells to be soaked after a hard rain.

If you have the parts, throw them on. I don't understand your logic. And I won't continue to beat a dead horse.
            -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
            91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
            08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
            04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
            Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
            Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

Originally posted by spiDmang View Post
              If you have the parts, throw them on. I don't understand your logic. And I won't continue to beat a dead horse.
              Water can wick through your trunk carpet to your rear floor pan. Tail lights! Done this on two different e30's. One more whack on that horse.

Comment

Okay I am gonna get back to you guys on this. the trunk - Ive crawled inside on a few occasions and have had it hosed down. it does leak ALOT in the trunk. the tail light seals arent the issue its the trunk seal. I have been hesitant to gluedown my new OE BMW seal because the area where the seal seats need painted first. gonna find a garage and get that done this weekend, I found a new trunk lid too in zinno to replace my rusty one (multiple professionals have told me its not worth it to paint my rusty trunk lid)

I never thought that water can leak thru the trunk and into the passenger cabin in that way, but it makes sense now. For now the car is parked nose up on the hill.

Comment

Taking apart the front of this ES bronzit car last night. I swear, the ES valance was a giant German middle finger to US DOT..

10mm AND 11mm to take off the support brackets.. Seriously!? Then you have the world's heaviest piece of plastic (aka the Cow Catcher) held on by the flimsiest brackets known to man. No wonder the brackets were always mangled. I can just picture the design meetings:

Engineer 1: "So Hans, ve American's say we still have to use das big bumpers but ve need to do something to make ze 3 series sporty looking."

Engineer 2: "Well, remember how we tied a couple cinder blocks to ze front of the American bumper to test it's structural rigidity? Let us just make a plastic version of that, and be done with them."

Engineer 1: "Stupid American's, we'll just tell them it was tested on Autobahn!"

Engineer 2: "Yah, how's that Allied victory working out for you. HAHAHA!"
                  1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                  2016 Ford Flex
                  2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Lol. I always thought something similar when removing those.
                    '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

And it begins again!

Last edited by EN318isPDX; 01-19-2016, 12:10 PM.

Comment

clean your license plate for fark's sake.
                        1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                        2016 Ford Flex
                        2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
                          Looks like someone already has - cleaned the paint right off it.
                          '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
                            This might be the original plate from the 1990s.. Its delaminating.. Guess they introduced the tree plate in July 1988.. I thought it was newer than that..

Nervous if I rip off the lamination it will remove all the paint with it. Like so

Last edited by EN318isPDX; 01-19-2016, 02:02 PM.

Comment

Cant expect much, inmates are paid .05 an hour to make them

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

Originally posted by Matt-B View Post
                                Cant expect much, inmates are paid .05 an hour to make them
                                So true.. I think i can pay like 40$ to DMV to get them to reissue brand new ones.. Figure I'll get the 24v running before I worry about minor cosmetics. Although I did buy a bunch of minor cosmetic items..

Comment

Working...
                                X