No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

like I said they aren't for my cars :) that coupe of mine is just leaky, there is a leak near the pedalbox too. the carpet is gonna come out probably next weekend cause its getting bad in there.

speaking of which - anybody know of a zinno coupe being parted, with good paint??? need the passenger door and the trunk lid, Id buy plenty of more things too.

Comment

Originally posted by spiDmang View Post
      no offense taken. It's the similar argument for the E30 M3. We all know what they used to go for a few years ago, so seeing the price spike really makes me salty. But it is what it is.

says the guy not willing to put on new taillight gaskets;)
      plus they wouldnt fit on your late models, kid :up:
      Step #1 of E30 ownership.. Replace trunk seal, tail light gasket and drain water from trunk/tail light lense. Best 20$-40$ you'll ever spend.

Comment

^ the OE BMW trunk seal is $50 basically, the tail light gaskets are $9 each and the OE antenna seal is about $9 too. all from Blunt... maybe $30 for it all if ya settle for URO junk

Comment

Originally posted by EN318isPDX View Post
          Step #1 of E30 ownership.. Replace trunk seal, tail light gasket and drain water from trunk/tail light lense. Best 20$-40$ you'll ever spend.
          he's still a n00b, dude.

jk toes <3
          -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
          91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
          08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
          04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
          Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
          Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
            ^ the OE BMW trunk seal is $50 basically, the tail light gaskets are $9 each and the OE antenna seal is about $9 too. all from Blunt... maybe $30 for it all if ya settle for URO junk
            Trunk Gasket 25$
            Tail Light Gasket 16$ x2
            Antenna Grommet 10$

67$ for everything.. Thats cheaper than a bag of weed andrew

he's still a n00b, dude.

jk toes <3
            Forever Noob! Screw replacing gaskets.. Just fill it up with silicone.. Thats what the PO on my E30 did for antenna grommet.. 10$ worth of sealant vs 10$ grommet.

Comment

I don't buy URO junk, sorry. and in Bremerton $67 is a half ounce LOL Ive been sober since December though. Not trying to start some shit but that $25 seal will fail quickly

https://www.ecstuning.com/BMW-E30-32...runk/ES127530/ - OE BMW $60

https://www.ecstuning.com/BMW-E30-32...unk/ES2534349/ - CRAPPO $25

Comment

I don't buy URO junk, sorry. and in Bremerton $67 is a half ounce LOL Ive been sober since December though. Not trying to start some shit but that $25 seal will fail quickly

Do you honestly have proof that the seal will leak? Have you tested both?
                My assumption would be no since you dont want to spend the money on it lol. But from all my years in E30's, I can safely say that I'd rather take my chances on a new gasket over my 30yr old original gasket. What does it hurt? Nada my friend ;)
                08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily

Comment

In other news my M50 oil pan is cracked debating if I should pick up another or fork over the 725$ for the rear sump pan.. Thats the price of 3+ E34 pans... Should I get another for 200$ and risk it getting smacked again or fork over the 700$ now and enjoy tons of ground clearance

In your current situation.. URO is better than nothing. At least it wont leak.. When you are a baller on a budget you gotta do what you gotta do.. Not tryin to start shit young padawan. Just pointing out the fact that its not that expensive to resolve the most common issue on E30s..

Comment

Just go dry sump

Comment

Originally posted by Pdxseth View Post
                      Just go dry sump
                      Maybe after I get another raise.. Till then I'm leaning toward the Arc Asylum pan and subframe

Comment

Originally posted by EN318isPDX View Post
                        In other news my M50 oil pan is cracked debating if I should pick up another or fork over the 725$ for the rear sump pan.. Thats the price of 3+ E34 pans... Should I get another for 200$ and risk it getting smacked again or fork over the 700$ now and enjoy tons of ground clearance.

In your current situation.. URO is better than nothing. At least it wont leak.. When you are a baller on a budget you gotta do what you gotta do.. Not tryin to start shit young padawan. Just pointing out the fact that its not that expensive to resolve the most common issue on E30s..
                        Damn where are you looking to get your rear sump pan? Arc Asylum? A part of me wished i saved more money to do the rear sump pan as well...

and you not starting shit? damn, we must be getting old.
                        08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily

Comment

Who's got a full set of early coupe door trim?

Comment

Can you fit a sport seat in the back of a coupe?
                            Originally posted by Vokuhila
                            I laughed, and then I serioused

Comment

I have a new trunk seal from BMW, Im just not about to half ass the job and glue it down when theres slight rust on the lip of the body where the seal sits. Need some good weather and my first paycheck this week to get some color match paint, stop the rust and do it right!

Comment

Originally posted by Best_name_available View Post
                                Can you fit a sport seat in the back of a coupe?
                                You can fit a front bumper, you can fit a dash.. I am sure you can fold up an IS seat and cram it in there.

I have a new trunk seal from BMW, Im just not about to half ass the job and glue it down when theres slight rust on the lip of the body where the seal sits. Need some good weather and my first paycheck this week to get some color match paint, stop the rust and do it right!
                                Oh good you can afford the proper gasket.. Sounds like you are doing this car right. You have a build thread or anything?

Damn where are you looking to get your rear sump pan? Arc Asylum? A part of me wished i saved more money to do the rear sump pan as well...

and you not starting shit? damn, we must be getting old.
                                Haha damn right! Perhaps being promoted/responsibility matured me.. I still love to troll.. Arc said 725$ for rear sump + subframe.. Not horrible if you can afford it.. Figure it would be a better purchase than black tail lense lol

Comment

Working...
                                X