• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EN318isPDX View Post
    Trunk Gasket 25$
    Tail Light Gasket 16$ x2
    Antenna Grommet 10$

67$ for everything.. Thats cheaper than a bag of weed andrew.
    Lmao
    Hank Ahrens
    1984 Alpine Coupe
    1978 911sc

Comment

no build threads right now. I hate taking pictures while Im working but I guess I should start something soon. I have this beater-ass m42 that has a lot of dents and dings, but zero rust and a super solid drivetrain. and the coupe is super straight, aside from the passenger side door and rocker. Rescued this coupe form the junkyard and its an all original European pickup 1988 325is. had broken tbelt, but now has rebuilt head from a pro3 car and runs great :) rust free as well aside from this trunk lid... it has bad rust on the lip of the trunk lid on driver's side that is not worth repairing, hence my hunt for a new zinno trunk lid. the interior is super clean too, easily 9/10. my plans for it are to just fix the door and the leaks, get sideskirts + IS front lip and leave it all stock. the original radio works great too.

Comment

Originally posted by Best_name_available View Post
        Can you fit a sport seat in the back of a coupe?
        I carried two e36 vaders in the back seat of my e30 M3 from Seattle to Spokane. Just flipped them upside down, putting the head rests down in the foot well, and then placed a folded towel for padding around the seat rails where they lean against the rear seat. They had to be slightly reclined to mirror the angle of my driver seat. I had to sit a little closer to the wheel than I normally would, but was doable. I am 6'2".
        Last edited by hankolerd; 01-26-2016, 05:07 PM.

Daniel
        1990 M3 - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=376104
        2011 328i Sport Wagon - 6sp Manual, RWD, Sport

Comment

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
          no build threads right now. I hate taking pictures while Im working but I guess I should start something soon. I have this beater-ass m42 that has a lot of dents and dings, but zero rust and a super solid drivetrain. and the coupe is super straight, aside from the passenger side door and rocker. Rescued this coupe form the junkyard and its an all original European pickup 1988 325is. had broken tbelt, but now has rebuilt head from a pro3 car and runs great :) rust free as well aside from this trunk lid... it has bad rust on the lip of the trunk lid on driver's side that is not worth repairing, hence my hunt for a new zinno trunk lid. the interior is super clean too, easily 9/10. my plans for it are to just fix the door and the leaks, get sideskirts + IS front lip and leave it all stock. the original radio works great too.
          Nice! I am still piecing together this moonroof equipped 318is I bought. Quiet a process to swap everything from one car to another.

Comment

I have a new trunk seal from BMW, Im just not about to half ass the job and glue it down when theres slight rust on the lip of the body where the seal sits. Need some good weather and my first paycheck this week to get some color match paint, stop the rust and do it right!
            You don't need to glue it down, especially if you clean up the rust first.
            1988 BMW 325iX - Lachssilber/Cardinal - Gone
            2001 BMW M5 - Anthracite/Black Heritage
            1999 Toyota 4Runner - White/Oak

Comment

Originally posted by EN318isPDX View Post
              You can fit a front bumper, you can fit a dash.. I am sure you can fold up an IS seat and cram it in there.
              Originally posted by hankolerd View Post
              I carried two e36 vaders in the back seat of my e30 M3 from Seattle to Spokane. Just flipped them upside down, putting the head rests down in the foot well, and then placed a folded towel for padding around the seat rails where they lean against the rear seat. I had to sit a little closer to the wheel than I normally would, but was doable. I am 6'2".
              Sweet, I'm picking up some new seats later. I'll just ride up without a passenger seat, then put the driver in the back and bolt in the passenger
              Originally posted by Vokuhila
              I laughed, and then I serioused

Comment

Originally posted by Pdxseth View Post
                Who's got a full set of early coupe door trim?
                You talking the chrome around the exterior? I got it on the parts car.. Let me know which pieces you want.

We can work something out. :)
                1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                2016 Ford Flex
                2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Any Vancouver / pdx down for an impromptu meet this saturday? Say buffalo wild wings in hillsboro? Has a covered parking garage right next to entrance. Maybe next Saturday?

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

In for February 6...
                    '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
                      In for February 6...
                      Hopefully will be reswapping my 24v that weekend.. Might be setting up a BBQ and such for sexy people only

Comment

prepped my 3.25 LSD for install on m42 car tonight :) Im excited haha, Im always trying to go for 6th gear on the highway so having a 5th that feels like overdrive will be cool. Ill try to post a burnout vid, my tires are showing cords out back and my 4 new continentals arrive today in the mail LOL.

Comment

prepped my 3.25 LSD for install on m42 car tonight :) Im excited haha, Im always trying to go for 6th gear on the highway so having a 5th that feels like overdrive will be cool. Ill try to post a burnout vid, my tires are showing cords out back and my 4 new continentals arrive today in the mail LOL.

lol what a joke that diff is going to be shit in the m42
                          Originally posted by bmwm42
                          PNW vulture pm me for parts
                          Strategic nw e30 command

Comment

the m42 gearing stock is nice, it is a good balance but its just too high and no gear feels comfortable at 35mph... which is basically every road where I live. I don't like cruising at 3k revs if I don't have to. the stock chip really needed the shorter gears but the new sssquid chip has improved low end torque so I think it will work fine... ill be turning 3250rpm at 35mph in 2nd or 2500 in 3rd. 2500rpm at 70mph in 5th. sounds good to me :)

also I am gonna swap on my zf320 for the turbo build soon and the 3.25 is the right ratio for that, only one way to find out if I hate it.

Comment

35mph is normally 4th gear, around 2k IIRC

Comment

^ correct. Ive played around with gear ratio calculators quite a bit lately. The other thing I hate about the stock 4.10 gears is having to shift to 4th to get to cruising speed at 35-40, like really????? having one leg shifting is not as easy for me as you able-bodied folk. the 3.25 basically any gear you are used to being at xmph, you will have to drop a gear down.

Comment

Working...
                                X