Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by iiTzvaughn View Post
    WAIT. YES. ITS IN HIS FUCKING PROFILE PIC [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
    That guy is so fucking annoying. Total waffleswaffleswaffleswaffleswaffleswaffles.

What was his excuse for selling you a shit motor?
    Hank Ahrens
    1984 Alpine Coupe
    1978 911sc

Comment

Originally posted by Matt-B View Post
      Ccv system, milky oil cap, coolant system, wet carpet.
      Noted.

Its a vert and the guy says it has a "slight leak from the seal above the windshield" so gotta inspect that closely to determine what he defines "slight" as. Pour a bucket of water on it and stuff. I saw a diy to fix a leak from that area, I guess the canvas separates from the seal and water gets behind it. Reglue it and it's fine again.

It has 170k miles and he said it has a new clutch and unknown suspension. Fellow sounded like an idiot when I was talking to him... I'll redo the whole cooling system, rad, hoses, thermostat, expansion tank, water pump and do all the fluids in it pretty quick, that sounds like par for the course with e36s though.
      -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
      08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
      318iS, slow build/garage queen...
      '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
      Originally posted by roguetoaster
      Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

Originally posted by ahrensNW View Post
        That guy is so fucking annoying. Total waffleswaffleswaffleswaffleswaffleswaffles.

What was his excuse for selling you a shit motor?

"Got given the car and pulled the motor without checking"
        But he told me a different story a couple months ago. And told my brother another story when he went and picked it up.
        - S50 Swapped E30 1/1 Mineral White -
        @vaughnbannister on IG

Comment

"Got given the car and pulled the motor without checking"
          But he told me a different story a couple months ago. And told my brother another story when he went and picked it up.
          That's like this audi b5s4 I went to look at a few months ago, the guy said it was running rough and he didn't know why... Well we got there and started looking at it and he was like I replaced the coils and blah blah it ran a few mins ago blah blah it hasn't moved in months... After cranking for like 5 mins trying to start it finally did and my buddy started unplugging coil packs and he's like "those coils are original factory ones" and the guy was like "uhhhh" lol Well we pulled the spark plugs to do compression test and the second plug came out without a tip... Completely melted and had bits of aluminum with it, shine a light down the bore the piston was totally wrecked... My buddy saved me a couple grand that day... That poor car was a wreck
          -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
          08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
          318iS, slow build/garage queen...
          '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
          Originally posted by roguetoaster
          Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

Originally posted by DER E30 View Post
            Noted.

Its a vert and the guy says it has a "slight leak from the seal above the windshield" so gotta inspect that closely to determine what he defines "slight" as. Pour a bucket of water on it and stuff. I saw a diy to fix a leak from that area, I guess the canvas separates from the seal and water gets behind it. Reglue it and it's fine again.

It has 170k miles and he said it has a new clutch and unknown suspension. Fellow sounded like an idiot when I was talking to him... I'll redo the whole cooling system, rad, hoses, thermostat, expansion tank, water pump and do all the fluids in it pretty quick, that sounds like par for the course with e36s though.
            Mishimoto now makes aluminum over flows ,my new plastic one leaks already

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

Originally posted by DER E30 View Post
              That's like this audi b5s4 I went to look at a few months ago, the guy said it was running rough and he didn't know why... Well we got there and started looking at it and he was like I replaced the coils and blah blah it ran a few mins ago blah blah it hasn't moved in months... After cranking for like 5 mins trying to start it finally did and my buddy started unplugging coil packs and he's like "those coils are original factory ones" and the guy was like "uhhhh" lol Well we pulled the spark plugs to do compression test and the second plug came out without a tip... Completely melted and had bits of aluminum with it, shine a light down the bore the piston was totally wrecked... My buddy saved me a couple grand that day... That poor car was a wreck

Yeah I was out of town so my brother went and picked it up for me. So I couldn't really do any of that..
              Also when I looked in the intake mani it was metal inside and my brother said that he said it was just a random one that he gave with it because he couldn't find the one with the motor... What a fucking liar.
              @vaughnbannister on IG

Comment

check with dpmit94. The crank he has that he thought may be from an M52B28 had these casting numbers:

'BMW C38' near the rear main bearing.

2242898 are the numbers on the frontmost counterweight.

Which should mean an S50 crank.. But IM him to verify.
                1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                2016 Ford Flex
                2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
                  check with dpmit94. The crank he has that he thought may be from an M52B28 had these casting numbers:

'BMW C38' near the rear main bearing.

2242898 are the numbers on the frontmost counterweight.

Which should mean an S50 crank.. But IM him to verify.

I need an s50 crank [emoji56]
                  @vaughnbannister on IG

Comment

Yeah I was out of town so my brother went and picked it up for me. So I couldn't really do any of that..
                    Also when I looked in the intake mani it was metal inside and my brother said that he said it was just a random one that he gave with it because he couldn't find the one with the motor... What a fucking liar.
                    What a fucking c u n t. Better make everyone on the land of tools (aka PNWBMW) aware of what this douchebag does.
                    '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Originally posted by e30_world View Post
                      Added
                      5mm spacers 4x100
                      4point roll cage
                      what brand of cage/rollbar?

Comment

Originally posted by BraveUlysses View Post
                        what brand of cage/rollbar?
                        Prefer a VSR, but will look at anything? Whatcha got in mind? Condition is no problem, and if needed I can modify a 6/8 point.
                        F80 M3 Alpine
                        E10 Fjord Blue 2002
                        E28 Blackish 535i
                        E21 Silver 320i
                        Disco1 98 4.6
                        ~~~~~~
                        E30 Cirrus coupe S50 SOLD
                        E30 325i SOLD
                        E30 Alpine 325i vert Euro spec SOLD
                        E30 Alpine coupe 325is SOLD
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
                          What a fucking c u n t. Better make everyone on the land of tools (aka PNWBMW) aware of what this douchebag does.

Yeah. I've been debating if I should. Funny thing is I'm FB friends with him. LOL
                          @vaughnbannister on IG

Comment

Ha! Even more reason to do it...fuck people like that.
                            '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

I'm trying to see if there is a way to get my money back first.
                              @vaughnbannister on IG

Comment

I'm trying to see if there is a way to get my money back first.
                                Threaten to call him out. Shit like this ruins people's reputations.
                                Hank Ahrens
                                1984 Alpine Coupe
                                1978 911sc

Comment

Working...
                                X