Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/ORIGINAL-WHE...VW~dfu&vxp=mtr

    Hurry up and do it bradley, you know you want too :P
    fuggg those are sweet...

    Originally posted by car_gal_jenni View Post
    I got so excited there for a second!! I saw the 16 and 4x100, and thought that maybe they were the splits. I was gonna jump on them if they were... Haha. But nope, they're the monoblock ones. Damn.[emoji14]
    seriously...if they were splits, we would have had a bidding war...i might just say fuck it, and get some of the ESM hartge split reps. they look nice! and ive heard good things about ESM
    -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
    91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
    08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
    04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler


    Originally posted by IronJoe
    Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

    Originally posted by 2mAn
    Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

    Comment


      The ESM aren't bad. But the Originals are still the best if you can flex it.

      My buddy Ryan has his Hartge 3 pieces at his shop and I see them every time I swing by to pick up parts and they always catch my eye.

      So sexy..
      1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
      2016 Ford Flex
      2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

      Comment


        I've thought about getting the reps too, just because the real ones so rarely come up and when they do, it's like I need to carve a part of my soul for them.
        Current daily: 2003 Mitsubishi Evo (Isabelle)
        Gone, but never forgotten: 2017 VW Golf R 6sp (Maria, sold)
        1989 325i 5sp (Lorelei, sold)
        1991 BMW 318is 5sp (Michaela; totaled)
        2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 5sp (Selena, parted out)

        IG: mitsugal_jenni

        Comment


          Originally posted by spiDmang View Post

          Ideally 16x8. 16s are perfect on e30s.

          KILL STORY: took the E30 out for the first time In a week and did some night time cruising. A buddy of mine spotted me in his STI swapped GC8 and proceeded to drop second gear. Let's just say he was thoroughly embarrassed by Blythe the BMW lol....and now my pursuit for LTW begins lolol
          Im happy with my 16x7 though if I could get the same wheels in 16x8 I totally would...

          If you are serious about going LTW status the wheels are something to take serious. Rotating mass is a big deal, so I would stay away from reps, ESMs, and any of those crap wheels.

          Just keep this in mind, my 16s weigh 11# each, most weigh at least 16# in a similar size, usually more. Thats only 5# per corner, but thats a LOT less weight to be turning on each corner, and 20# off the overall weight of the car but just one piece of the overall puzzle in creating a LTW E30.

          Dont forget when I raced you in my E30 when it had a 2.7 M20 and you had the S50 ;)
          Simon
          Current Car:
          -2017 i3 REx, 21st Century E30
          -1975 Alfa Romeo Giulia Nuova Super 1300, the never-ending name & project



          Make R3V Great Again -2020

          Comment


            I'm really surprised nobody has picked up my old iX, it's been CL for like a month..

            Comment


              Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
              Im happy with my 16x7 though if I could get the same wheels in 16x8 I totally would...

              If you are serious about going LTW status the wheels are something to take serious. Rotating mass is a big deal, so I would stay away from reps, ESMs, and any of those crap wheels.

              Just keep this in mind, my 16s weigh 11# each, most weigh at least 16# in a similar size, usually more. Thats only 5# per corner, but thats a LOT less weight to be turning on each corner, and 20# off the overall weight of the car but just one piece of the overall puzzle in creating a LTW E30.

              Dont forget when I raced you in my E30 when it had a 2.7 M20 and you had the S50 ;)
              definitely! thats why im high considering just going with the TRM's as they are super functional and LTW.

              And i remember! but to be fair, your car only weighed 2450, while mine weighed 2850 plus an extra passenger and wrong gearing lmfaooo.:hitler:

              This current S52 build would kill my old S50 car. I think it has alot to do with the Tune. Dave Markert just recently retuned a GTS S50 car and it made 251whp/238lb tq....super impressive
              -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
              91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
              08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
              04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler


              Originally posted by IronJoe
              Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

              Originally posted by 2mAn
              Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

              Comment


                Originally posted by spiDmang View Post
                This current S52 build would kill my old S50 car. I think it has alot to do with the Tune. Dave Markert just recently retuned a GTS S50 car and it made 251whp/238lb tq....super impressive
                Dayum. Do you know what else had been done to the motor?

                Comment


                  Originally posted by 4tDX View Post
                  Dayum. Do you know what else had been done to the motor?
                  from my understanding, its just an S50, 24lb injectors, B&W exhaust and some nice headers. but im sure theres more to it than that...has to be right?! because those numbers are glorious
                  -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
                  91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
                  08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
                  04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler


                  Originally posted by IronJoe
                  Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

                  Originally posted by 2mAn
                  Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Mlarsen View Post
                    I'm really surprised nobody has picked up my old iX, it's been CL for like a month..
                    dude seriously.
                    -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
                    91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
                    08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
                    04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler


                    Originally posted by IronJoe
                    Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

                    Originally posted by 2mAn
                    Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by spiDmang View Post
                      definitely! thats why im high considering just going with the TRM's as they are super functional and LTW.

                      And i remember! but to be fair, your car only weighed 2450, while mine weighed 2850 plus an extra passenger and wrong gearing lmfaooo.:hitler:

                      This current S52 build would kill my old S50 car. I think it has alot to do with the Tune. Dave Markert just recently retuned a GTS S50 car and it made 251whp/238lb tq....super impressive
                      I think you need to tap into your jap roots and get some volk racing or enkei's

                      and I remember!.. I was actually only 2400# at that point as I still hadnt installed my LukeBox :rofl:
                      Simon
                      Current Car:
                      -2017 i3 REx, 21st Century E30
                      -1975 Alfa Romeo Giulia Nuova Super 1300, the never-ending name & project



                      Make R3V Great Again -2020

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                        I think you need to tap into your jap roots and get some volk racing or enkei's

                        and I remember!.. I was actually only 2400# at that point as I still hadnt installed my LukeBox :rofl:
                        I've been thinking about concaved TE 37's...gahhhh damn

                        and effffffff you sooo hard simon....your car is too sweet man.
                        -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
                        91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
                        08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
                        04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler


                        Originally posted by IronJoe
                        Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

                        Originally posted by 2mAn
                        Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

                        Comment


                          Have you seen the new COTM? John's M3 looks so good with the TE37s
                          Simon
                          Current Car:
                          -2017 i3 REx, 21st Century E30
                          -1975 Alfa Romeo Giulia Nuova Super 1300, the never-ending name & project



                          Make R3V Great Again -2020

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                            Have you seen the new COTM? John's M3 looks so good with the TE37s
                            yessssssir. Im probably TOO active on these boards for my own good. Sitting at this comfy desk job allows for alot of slackage, craigslist browsing, and parts ordering.
                            -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
                            91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
                            08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
                            04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler


                            Originally posted by IronJoe
                            Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

                            Originally posted by 2mAn
                            Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

                            Comment


                              What is the advantage of split wheels? Having exposed little bolts on the face drives me nuts.

                              Daniel
                              1990 M3 - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=376104
                              2011 328i Sport Wagon - 6sp Manual, RWD, Sport

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by hankolerd View Post
                                What is the advantage of split wheels? Having exposed little bolts on the face drives me nuts.

                                Interchangeable lips


                                Please leave feedback below, thanks

                                http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X