Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Yeah, the wheels don't look right, but agree - that color looks good. On a 2002, I think it would be great with maybe some older gold Enkei rims?
    1984 Alpina B6 2.8/1 #35
    1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
    1991 Racecar (Chase Schmidt's former drift car - M30)
    2006 BMW X3
    2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

    Comment


      Originally posted by Matt-B View Post
      Is it cheaper through you. Or same price as their website.
      Same price!

      Originally posted by Rennsport View Post
      I fully support this
      Originally posted by Gerta View Post
      I second the motion. Make it so!
      clutchCTRL!
      Move with a purpose.
      - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
      - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
      - 2000 323i AT
      2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

      Comment


        PNW Chit Chat thread

        Going to be driving the e30 to Montana next month, I'm currently getting 20mpg highway at 75mph with the m50/4.10 I have a 2.93 LSD I can swap in anybody know what kind of mileage I could potentially get if I do that?

        I'm probably gonna do it anyway just so I'm not sitting at 4-5000rpm for 2000 miles

        Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

        Comment


          Alright I guess I'll just have to take a look.

          Would I need to have the block resurfaced also? So much for simple refresh ands 5 speed swap fml.

          Either way thanks for the input everyone.



          Originally posted by delamaize View Post
          Yeah, as much as it sucks, you probably just killed your valves.
          "Changing your block" is going to hinge on how much damage was done to the pistons and/or bores.

          Comment


            Originally posted by Pdxseth View Post
            Going to be driving the e30 to Montana next month, I'm currently getting 20mpg highway at 75mph with the m50/4.10 I have a 2.93 LSD I can swap in anybody know what kind of mileage I could potentially get if I do that?

            I'm probably gonna do it anyway just so I'm not sitting at 4-5000rpm for 2000 miles

            Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            what trans you using? I assume the G260? you should see easily 25-27mpg with the 2.93.

            i say do it. That way you arent deaf by the time you get to your destination
            -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
            91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
            08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
            04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler


            Originally posted by IronJoe
            Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

            Originally posted by 2mAn
            Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

            Comment


              Originally posted by spiDmang View Post
              what trans you using? I assume the G260? you should see easily 25-27mpg with the 2.93.

              i say do it. That way you arent deaf by the time you get to your destination
              He should be seeing decent MPG with a 2.93 and his NV set up, but he drives like a dick and it has an eBay chip, so there you go.

              I second the 2.93 for a road trip. I have no idea how you drive that thing every day, as loud as it is.
              Autobahn Motorsport - Restoration and Service - Portland, Oregon
              503.967.3800
              '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

              Comment


                Originally posted by Pdxseth View Post
                Going to be driving the e30 to Montana next month, I'm currently getting 20mpg highway at 75mph with the m50/4.10 I have a 2.93 LSD I can swap in anybody know what kind of mileage I could potentially get if I do that?

                I'm probably gonna do it anyway just so I'm not sitting at 4-5000rpm for 2000 miles

                Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                I have a NV M50, 2.93, and got about 25-27mpg
                240 trans aswell.

                But ask toes, he gets almost """40mpg"""
                make sure you have magical tires


                Please leave feedback below, thanks

                http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Matt-B View Post
                  I have a NV M50, 2.93, and got about 25-27mpg
                  240 trans aswell.

                  But ask toes, he gets almost """40mpg"""
                  make sure you have magical tires


                  I have hankooks are they magical?


                  Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                  Comment


                    Toes gets 50 bc weight reduction and m42 with an eta diff oh and can't forget the low resistance tires
                    Originally posted by bmwm42
                    PNW vulture pm me for parts
                    Strategic nw e30 command

                    Comment


                      its the fact that the m42 has the dual bore throttle body. the velocity of the air entering the engine through the small bore while cruising is what helps so much with the m42's efficiency. my car without me in it is 2400lbs with a 1/4 tank, on the local moving company scale. the 3.25medium case diff is actually euro m3 spec LMFAO.

                      Comment


                        Cool story bro
                        Autobahn Motorsport - Restoration and Service - Portland, Oregon
                        503.967.3800
                        '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by djjerme View Post
                          Yeah, the wheels don't look right, but agree - that color looks good. On a 2002, I think it would be great with maybe some older gold Enkei rims?
                          With purple pin striping!

                          Comment


                            I get about 25-26mpg hwy with the S50-ZF-2.93 too.

                            Comment


                              picked up a 92' S770A Mtech 2 Vert yesterday. 159k on the clock with factory 5 speed. Anyone have a mtech2 front valance for sale? :up:
                              -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
                              91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
                              08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
                              04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler


                              Originally posted by IronJoe
                              Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

                              Originally posted by 2mAn
                              Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

                              Comment


                                What is s770a?
                                -Christian

                                '02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
                                08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
                                318iS, slow build/garage queen...
                                '37 Chevy pickup, the ├╝ber project
                                Originally posted by roguetoaster
                                Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X