PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1craze30 View Post
    That charts way off. If that was the case I would be doing an m62 swap over most others. I know my m30 swap is gonna cost about 6-8k. That's with hearers, exhaust, maf and chip, and a good cooling system, and too end rebuild.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Maybe you are spending more and being more thorough, but I think $3000 is a very reasonable price for an M30 swap. And it can certainly be done for less: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=171151

Comment

You can find m30 motors in junkyards for $2-300 dollars, all day every day. The only expensive part is a transmission, but you can always use a G240. Motor mount arms have come down in price too, now that there are multiple vendors. I think I did my entire m30 swap for around $1000 back in '10.

Put another way, it was cheaper for us to swap in an m30 than it was to constantly replace exploding m20s in our LeMons/ChumpCar e30. Even the judges agreed.

Comment

Originally posted by CorvallisBMW View Post
        You can find m30 motors in junkyards for $2-300 dollars, all day every day. The only expensive part is a transmission, but you can always use a G240. Motor mount arms have come down in price too, now that there are multiple vendors. I think I did my entire m30 swap for around $1000 back in '10.

Put another way, it was cheaper for us to swap in an m30 than it was to constantly replace exploding m20s in our LeMons/ChumpCar e30. Even the judges agreed.
        Thanks for the input and impressive build thread!

Comment

Anyone going to the pnwbmw centralia meet Sunday?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Pdxseth View Post
            Anyone going to the pnwbmw centralia meet Sunday?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
            Looooooooool
            '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
              Looooooooool
              don't i remember hearing this was a shit show?

pun intended

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

Been Chinese for a few years, dude.
                well, hell, the e46 guibo says Germany all over it.
                And looks like crap, too.

Maybe it's time to weld it solid...

t
                now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Originally posted by CorvallisBMW View Post

I tried that same argument when I swapped a 13b in place of a 12a in my teams RX7.. they didn't bite.

Course it didn't help the tech (douche) was a rotary guy and his team was running a cheaty 3rd gen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                  2016 Ford Flex
                  2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Anyone need a eta block no pan. Free picked up in McMinnville today.

Comment

M50 car sat for 4 months, now randomly getting no fuel. oh boy...

Comment

OldDrunkenSailor still trying to sell this.... why?!?

https://portland.craigslist.org/wsc/cto/6104543887.html

Comment

Wow. If my wife wouldn't kill me I'd look into buying that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

ok relays fixed no fuel. now the starter might be shitty lol

Comment

hey gays i have lots of little e30 shit still laying around that is about to go to the trash...interior pieces relays bnib m42 gaskets m42 complete wiring harness headers inter cooler etc. im getting rid of any trace of the e30 next weekend....let me know is there is anything you are searching for etc i might have
                              Originally posted by bmwm42
                              PNW vulture pm me for parts
                              Strategic nw e30 command

Comment

Done with e30s?
                                '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Working...
                                X