No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I called the guy and apparently the engine overheats and he has thehood and fenders off because he was going to put M3 flares in... :roll:

I want to pick it up to part out but he wants me to make some sketchy deposit...

Comment

The previous owner hacked any and all repairs or issues the car had. For instance, the car was crashed hard up front. Instead, he gets an mtech 2 replica front bumper and lower spoiler and screws them to the body (with no front valance behind the spoiler) and painted them with house paint and insisted it was just as good as automotive paint. Just stupid shit like that because he was just a cheap hilly billy. Go read through his old posts, I'm sure you'll find out anything you ever could want to know about that car.
      '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
        The previous owner hacked any and all repairs or issues the car had. For instance, the car was crashed hard up front. Instead, he gets an mtech 2 replica front bumper and lower spoiler and screws them to the body (with no front valance behind the spoiler) and painted them with house paint and insisted it was just as good as automotive paint. Just stupid shit like that because he was just a cheap hilly billy. Go read through his old posts, I'm sure you'll find out anything you ever could want to know about that car.
        Jesus, the dude's using twine to hold his fenders on... smh

Thanks for the advice on checking his posts, buying this train wreck would be a nightmare, no wonder the seller wants a deposit.

Comment

"stamar" old car, for those who remember that nut...

https://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/cto/6134996768.html
          dude was definitely mentally ill

Comment

Originally posted by Metallated View Post
            Jesus, the dude's using twine to hold his fenders on... smh

Thanks for the advice on checking his posts, buying this train wreck would be a nightmare, no wonder the seller wants a deposit.
            The car is a parts car at best and I use that term loosely...it's pretty far gone. Best of luck.

Comment

The car is a parts car at best and I use that term loosely...it's pretty far gone. Best of luck.

What e30 isn't?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Pdxseth View Post
                What e30 isn't?

You have some very fine examples, yourself.

Comment

You have some very fine examples, yourself.

I need more

Comment

Originally posted by Pdxseth View Post
                    I need more

You can barely afford the two you have!

Comment

Originally posted by BraveUlysses View Post
                      dude was definitely mentally ill
                      Shows he's an uber driver based on his FB profile...I feel sorry for his customers.

Comment

Shows he's an uber driver based on his FB profile...I feel sorry for his customers.
                        i guess were best friends?

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

Bit of a reach here, but anyone know a site or store that sells a variety of clevis pins? I'm not seeing what I want on McMasterCarr or any other sites that I've come across.

Looking for a clevis pin with a relative large surface area head that uses a lock ring or retaining clip.

For example this style or something similar to clip that is used on the pedal lever lock pins in the e30.

Most of what I am seeing online and at local hardware stores is similar to this, with a relatively small head surface area. The local hardware stores also have the cotter pin style which I may try out, but I'd feel more comfortable with a lock ring or retaining clip style.

Comment

Originally posted by 4tDX View Post
                            Bit of a reach here, but anyone know a site or store that sells a variety of clevis pins? I'm not seeing what I want on McMasterCarr or any other sites that I've come across.

Looking for a clevis pin with a relative large surface area head that uses a lock ring or retaining clip.

For example this style or something similar to clip that is used on the pedal lever lock pins in the e30.

rod clevis pin clip will get you more result. My dad had this issue on his falcon. clevis pin searches wont get you much, rod clevis pin clip got us a ton of hits

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

Text me if you have a ratty drivers side sport seat with good bones near Seattle!

2zero6226892zero

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk
                              -Peter
                              '86 S52 coupe | Cotm: 6/18
                              '91 318is slicktop project
                              '14 F15 X5 35d M Sport
                              '00 Tundra

Comment

Has any one here ran an early style cooling system on an m20b25?

I've resealed my water pump 3 times(Graf metal impeller) one of the biggest reasons I sold the car was because I just couldn't get it to seal. I sold the car to my friend, he resealed the pump and drove it for a year with no issues, I've had it almost 1 month and the water pump is leaking again. I'm thinking maybe the early system can't handle the high rpms? Maybe builds too much pressure? Idk.

At this point I'm wondering if switching to a late system will cure it.

Comment

Working...
                                X