No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I believe the X-drive oil pans are smaller. Might work for the swap on the cheap. Otherwise I'm almost certain I've seen dry sump pans, which would be hilarious.
    1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
    willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
      We'll be leaving from Dyansport at the Ass crack of dawn on Sunday. Not sure how many will be joining, but I'll have the Alpina, Ryan will be in the 320is, and I think Brian is driving his E30 M3. May have a few other cars join as well..

It's open to any of the Portland peeps who want to join, looks like we are meeting up at the shop at 7AM.
      Do you have a planed stop en route? I'm out west pretty far, so I was going to take the back roads up to Longview and hit I5 from there.

Comment

We'll be leaving from Dyansport at the Ass crack of dawn on Sunday. Not sure how many will be joining, but I'll have the Alpina, Ryan will be in the 320is, and I think Brian is driving his E30 M3. May have a few other cars join as well..

I may join this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfman View Post
          If you're going to go through the effort to M60 swap something, just do an S62 ! Lord knows you wouldn't get sick of that over time. ;D
          Already have the engine/trans and the perfect sleeper donor car. This will be happening in a couple weeks. Should have an X5 oil pan on order too. Some slight modification to the subframe and the engine mounts (to clear the booster) and it'll slide right in.
          '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
            Already have the engine/trans and the perfect sleeper donor car. This will be happening in a couple weeks. Should have an X5 oil pan on order too. Some slight modification to the subframe and the engine mounts (to clear the booster) and it'll slide right in.

Drift toy?

Comment

Originally posted by Pdxseth View Post
              Drift toy?

We will see. It isn't my car, I was just commissioned to stuff it in. Can't reveal anything else until it's a finished project.

Comment

My car is nowhere near pretty right now but I want to go to the picnic damn bad this year...
                I may just take her up there anyway, hoopD status and all. Lol
                sigpic
                Currently without an e30. Will probably die soon.

Comment

Originally posted by 4tDX View Post
                  Do you have a planed stop en route? I'm out west pretty far, so I was going to take the back roads up to Longview and hit I5 from there.
                  Nothing planned, though I am sure we'll stop for fuel or something along the way. Ideally, we want to get up there fairly early so we get a better spot then we did last year.

Originally posted by Pdxseth View Post
                  I may join this.
                  You are more than welcome to!
                  1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                  2016 Ford Flex
                  2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Does anyone know if its possible to run an unsprung M20 clutch/PP with a Single mass flywheel? Gregolas brought it to my attention in regards to single mass flywheels and how they are generally paired with sprung clutch disks?

Thoughts? Is this possible? I've done some light reading, and alot of people are saying that driveability and noise are huge factors
                    -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
                    91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
                    08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
                    04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
                    Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
                    Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

chatter being the biggest.

Those springs supposedly help dampen the engagement of the clutch disk when you dump the clutch, so there is a possibly increased risk of exploding the disk if you side step it. I've seen it happen on the puck style clutches (unsprung) behind Chevy/Ford V-8's , but I'm not sure if there is enough torque in the M20 to do the same.
                      2016 Ford Flex

Comment

Originally posted by Savagefurai View Post
                        My car is nowhere near pretty right now but I want to go to the picnic damn bad this year...
                        I may just take her up there anyway, hoopD status and all. Lol
                        if i can finish e30 in time im driving e36 up.
                        Cars shows up here, seem to have more influence on hanging out and having a good time then, who has the nicest car, or whatever, i still cant remember the last time i walked around and looked at car.

I just go up to hand out with people we only see once a year, and win all the prizes

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

I'll probably meet one of the sunday convoys at the Chevron fuel stop off exit 76 in Chehalis as usual.

If this happens, do we want to take the backroads out of centralia again? I promise not to leave half of you behind this time!

Hwy 507 to Hwy 7
                          Dumpster Fire Pilot

Comment

...no sh*t, we ran inside to get a water and take a piss, and you all were gone!
                            2016 Ford Flex

Comment

Originally posted by Matt-B View Post

I just go up to hand out with people we only see once a year, and win all the prizes
                              I'll probably end up rocking the car with no bumpers anyway. Lol.
                              sigpic
                              Currently without an e30. Will probably die soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Savagefurai View Post
                                I'll probably end up rocking the car with no bumpers anyway. Lol.
                                #drifterstatus

Comment

Working...
                                X