No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had good luck with Napa brand batteries over the years.
    '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Fuck Napa batteries. I had two bad ones in a row from them.
      sigpic
      Currently without an e30. Will probably die soon.

Comment

I have the worst luck in batteries. Even on different cars. I'm cursed. Optima red tops, and other premium batteries. Now I just buy walmart. Seems to last just as long. and sometimes they don't prorate the return, they just swap them.

If you do some digging, Johnson Controls makes the walmart inhouse brand batteries IIRC. Same as a few other premium brands, but at less cost.
        Originally posted by Matt-B
        hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Originally posted by george graves View Post
          If you do some digging, Johnson Controls makes the walmart inhouse brand batteries IIRC. Same as a few other premium brands, but at less cost.
          Interesting, good to know!! Might have to get one for the e46m when the current one craps out.

I bought a Duralast for the e36, no complaints but it's only been two years. Went overboard on the e30 of course, got one of those high cranking Odyssey mini batteries. And of course I can't tell the difference:)
          '89 Schwarz E30 M3 Cabriolet Build

Comment

Originally posted by Savagefurai View Post
            Fuck Napa batteries. I had two bad ones in a row from them.
            Eleanor's is about seven years old at this point. I let the car sit for two fucking years, from 2013-2015. Installed the S50, didn't even hook up a battery charger. Car fired right up, no issues. I was sold instantly.

Comment

Originally posted by RainRider View Post
              Wal-Mart for batteries and oil.
              Fuck "Everstart" brand of batteries. Complete fucking junk. Didn't even get six months out of the three I had...on three different cars. Garbage.

Comment

I must have gotten a shit batch. Lol
                My dad uses them exclusively with so problems.
                sigpic

Comment

Optima quality went down the sh*tter a while back.

I used to be a huge fan of them back in the day. You couldn't kill them! I had one in my Nova that fell in to the fan and had a huge gash in the case, and yet it worked fine for another 3 years.. When I worked for Schucks auto 20 years ago, I'd always buy the core return Optimas for like $5 from the stores and just do a low and slow charge to bring em back to life. Worked every time..

But now I'm told production changed about 10 years ago and the quality is garbage now. Shame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                  2016 Ford Flex
                  2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Also,

If I can finish redoing these this weekend, I'll have my Kopi's for sale next week..

1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                    2016 Ford Flex
                    2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

< autozone duralast made in germany right here

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

Alternator putting out 15.35 volts. Anyone have a e36 80 amp bosch for sale?

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
                          Also,

If I can finish redoing these this weekend, I'll have my Kopi's for sale next week..

Goddamnit, I love those....
                          Dumpster Fire Pilot

Comment

Those look great. I have been eyeing a set of them as my next wheel choice.
                            What are you thinking as far as price for yours?
                            sigpic

Comment

Make america great again
                              I'm waiting.

I'm not feeling the greatness yet.

t
                              now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Originally posted by Matt-B View Post
                                < autozone duralast made in germany right here
                                Yea, I seriously doubt that. But I could be wrong. Batteries are like soda, pop, or cola - what ever you want to call it. It cost too much to ship a lead-acid battery overseas. Better to make them simi-locally, and slap a label on them.

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
                                Optima quality went down the sh*tter a while back.

I used to be a huge fan of them back in the day. You couldn't kill them!
                                Yes, apparently they moved production to mexico, and the quality suffered. Not that you can't make thing well in Mexico - it's more that someone took over the company and ran the brand name into the ground to make a buck.
                                Originally posted by Matt-B
                                hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Working...
                                X