Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    OK, I think I'll buy it - pretty reasonable.

    Thanks all -

    Comment


      Originally posted by Gregolas View Post
      I believe it is elevated for the clutch disk surface... I am pretty sure the Bentley mentions having the .011" step...
      This is true. Any shop that is familiar with E30's and M20's will keep the step. Definitely get it machined and retain the step.
      -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
      02' ///M Coupe 'Clownshoe'- TiAg/Black & Estoril- SOLD
      12' E70 X5 Diesel - Daily Driver
      19' Harley Davidson FXBB Street Bob


      Leave me Feedback!
      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=223522

      Originally posted by IronJoe
      Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.
      Originally posted by 2mAn
      Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

      Comment


        Pro-tip: If you're looking for more bite on the clutch for higher horsepower cars, have the machine shop take an extra thousandth off the step where the pressure plate bolts to the flywheel for a 0.012" step. Old racer trick when high performance clutches weren't readily available.
        m106 1990 e30
        e36 daily
        e32 cruiser

        Comment


          idiots are stopping on the freeway looking for the eclipse today....

          ill be glad when its over


          Please leave feedback below, thanks

          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

          Comment


            Originally posted by Matt-B View Post
            idiots are stopping on the freeway looking for the eclipse today....

            ill be glad when its over
            I almost made it from Ca to WA without having to get fuel in Oregon. The stop and go traffic into, through, and out of Portland made sure that didn't happen. It was crazy, 3pm and north bound I5 was less than 5mph. The guy put 11.9 gallons in the tank (I was on fumes) I still averaged 28.6 mpg from Yreka to Portland at 75 mph. 15 hrs is a long drive.

            Is there a clever way to get from Sequim WA down to say McMinnville Or Monday morning so I can catch the eclipse without being screwed traffic wise? I'm planning on leaving 5 am or so so I can be in the dark zone at the right time. I know I'll be screwed on I5, today proved that. I was thinking I5, to Longview, then cutting out toward the coast on highway 30, then down 47 to McMinnville. (Why McMinnville? Because Evergreen Air and Space Museum) From McMinnville, 99W to 221 to I5 and hopefully home. Any thoughts on this?

            Will
            '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
            '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
            '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
            '88 BMW M3

            Comment


              evergreen aviation i think is cooler for kids, they have added some stuff since i was last there.


              the news will have you believe it will be gridlocked, and your eyes will burn and melt just from existing in time while the sun eclipses


              Please leave feedback below, thanks

              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

              Comment


                Originally posted by Matt-B View Post
                evergreen aviation i think is cooler for kids, they have added some stuff since i was last there.

                the news will have you believe it will be gridlocked, and your eyes will burn and melt just from existing in time while the sun eclipses
                I was going to do Evergreen Museum for the end of the world - they have the Spruce Goose there and a SR-71 Blackbird, and last I checked one of NASA tiny shuttles that the CIA kinda took over (forget the name)

                But I might just hang out in an ER parking lot with my favorite blender and a long extension cord.
                Originally posted by Matt-B
                hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

                Comment


                  i can't wait to see the news reports about gridlock that will extend from sunday through tuesday

                  like they're already having traffic problems as of yesterday in eastern oregon

                  Comment


                    97 was gridlocked yesterday, my neighbor is going to shoot down 197 to try and bypass it.

                    101 could be decent since it'll be cloudy.

                    Honestly, I'd just venture to Idaho if you want to avoid the stupid. Either way, you're going to have a bad time.
                    1984 Alpina B6 2.8/1 #35
                    1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                    1991 Racecar (Chase Schmidt's former drift car - M30)
                    2006 BMW X3
                    2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

                    Comment


                      Does anyone know of a good parts dealer in pnw ??

                      Comment


                        I hear Austin! Can get stuff...


                        Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by BraveUlysses View Post
                          i can't wait to see the news reports about gridlock that will extend from sunday through tuesday

                          like they're already having traffic problems as of yesterday in eastern oregon
                          There was poorly written news report(cough*fake news*cough), And as it turned out....that traffic jam was for a music festival - and not related to the eclipse (only in name). It was opening day. Clearned up in a matter of a few hours.

                          There's going to be so many locals that are going to stay off the roads, it will be smooth sailing for all but an unlucky few trying to go through portland at the last moment.
                          Last edited by george graves; 08-19-2017, 03:05 AM.
                          Originally posted by Matt-B
                          hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

                          Comment


                            There will probably be a couple protest in Portland this weekend as well. Or I guess that was the plan. [emoji19]

                            Must be nice to have that much free time..


                            Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            1984 Alpina B6 2.8/1 #35
                            1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                            1991 Racecar (Chase Schmidt's former drift car - M30)
                            2006 BMW X3
                            2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by BlackbirdM3 View Post
                              I almost made it from Ca to WA without having to get fuel in Oregon. The stop and go traffic into, through, and out of Portland made sure that didn't happen. It was crazy, 3pm and north bound I5 was less than 5mph. The guy put 11.9 gallons in the tank (I was on fumes) I still averaged 28.6 mpg from Yreka to Portland at 75 mph. 15 hrs is a long drive.


                              Will
                              That's not ecplise related, that happens every single day. I5 North across the interstate bridge becomes a standstill about noon and stays that will until 6-7 PM.

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Etfren View Post
                                That's not ecplise related, that happens every single day. I5 North across the interstate bridge becomes a standstill about noon and stays that will until 6-7 PM.
                                I figured as much. I'd also guess that if I tried to head south on Monday going through there about 9 or so, I'd be equally screwed if not moreso with the tourists there for the eclipse. I'll stay away.

                                Will
                                '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
                                '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
                                '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
                                '88 BMW M3

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X