Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    On a Scale of Zero To absolute shit, Realistically, how bad are the raceland "Coilovers?"

    I'm looking at Ultimately going with either fortune auto coilovers or BC's, But for now, I'm looking for something better than blown shocks with H&R Race springs.

    If I stay with the H&R Springs, I need shorter shocks, I know to use Camaro rear shocks, I'm not sure what to use for the front, Any ideas?
    sigpic

    Comment


      I had the raceland ultimos on my e36. They weren't all that bad for being cheap, but my friend had the same ones and they were terrible. I think it's hit and miss with a side of non-existent quality control.
      m106 1990 e30
      e36 daily
      e32 cruiser

      Comment


        Originally posted by delamaize View Post
        On a Scale of Zero To absolute shit, Realistically, how bad are the raceland "Coilovers?"

        I'm looking at Ultimately going with either fortune auto coilovers or BC's, But for now, I'm looking for something better than blown shocks with H&R Race springs.

        If I stay with the H&R Springs, I need shorter shocks, I know to use Camaro rear shocks, I'm not sure what to use for the front, Any ideas?
        All those coilovers come from the same place in China...

        You have good springs already. You can get mustang or camaro rear shocks. I had SA Mustang Konis. They were great. Up front I would run an iX SA Koni. The setup will be similar cost but worlds better than the Chinese stuff
        Simon
        Current Cars:
        -1986 BMW 325e & 1968 Datsun Roadster 2000
        Previous Car Count : 21 ... and climbing...
        Originally posted by Melon
        Let it be known to all. Simon fucking keeps it real.

        Comment


          Acrop on Sunday.

          be there


          Please leave feedback below, thanks

          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

          Comment


            Originally posted by Matt-B View Post
            Acrop on Sunday.

            be there
            Nope.avi
            Will be in BC....
            sigpic

            Comment


              Originally posted by Rennsport View Post
              I had the raceland ultimos on my e36. They weren't all that bad for being cheap, but my friend had the same ones and they were terrible. I think it's hit and miss with a side of non-existent quality control.
              I wondered, everything I had heard was bad about them, I figured I'd ask though.

              Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
              All those coilovers come from the same place in China...

              You have good springs already. You can get mustang or camaro rear shocks. I had SA Mustang Konis. They were great. Up front I would run an iX SA Koni. The setup will be similar cost but worlds better than the Chinese stuff
              What part number did you use for the rear mustang shocks?


              Also, Opinions on CA Tuned Coilovers? They are using a system that is similar to What Fortune is using, and seem to be a little less expensive...
              sigpic

              Comment


                Simon what does SA stand for in regards to the struts? Feeling stupid over here. Lol

                Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk
                clutchCTRL!
                Move with a purpose.
                - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
                - 2000 323i AT
                2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

                Comment


                  Originally posted by delamaize View Post
                  I wondered, everything I had heard was bad about them, I figured I'd ask though.



                  What part number did you use for the rear mustang shocks?


                  Also, Opinions on CA Tuned Coilovers? They are using a system that is similar to What Fortune is using, and seem to be a little less expensive...
                  Looks like 1186 Sport, got them for under $200 brand new. Worked great with my IE3... the same springs you currently have. I ended up getting corrado SA Konis up front only because the strut housings I got with them were included but I planned on getting IX Konis because they are shorter and made for the E30 strut housings

                  new_konis by 2mAn


                  CA Tuned is the same Chinese crap...


                  Originally posted by kid325e View Post
                  Simon what does SA stand for in regards to the struts? Feeling stupid over here. Lol
                  haha no worries. Single Adjustable. The adjuster was on top also, so you adjust dampening from the trunk

                  Bonus pics...

                  Full Droop
                  little droop by 2mAn

                  Comparison of the Bilstein Sports and the Konis with the GC Raised Mounts.Added the Ground Control raised mounts so I had full travel and low height. You can also see the difference in the height immediately.

                  shock_comparison by 2mAn
                  Simon
                  Current Cars:
                  -1986 BMW 325e & 1968 Datsun Roadster 2000
                  Previous Car Count : 21 ... and climbing...
                  Originally posted by Melon
                  Let it be known to all. Simon fucking keeps it real.

                  Comment


                    when honda kids get an e30
                    https://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/c...338541369.html
                    m106 1990 e30
                    e36 daily
                    e32 cruiser

                    Comment


                      Seriously, do people after a few beers say "shit, I'm gonna list my car on Craigslist, better go take a few pictures with my cell phone.."

                      Nice photo's help sell a car more then "don't lowball me, I know what I got" statements.
                      1984 Alpina B6 2.8/1 #35
                      1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                      1991 Racecar (Chase Schmidt's former drift car - M30)
                      2006 BMW X3
                      2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by djjerme View Post
                        Seriously, do people after a few beers say "shit, I'm gonna list my car on Craigslist, better go take a few pictures with my cell phone.."

                        Nice photo's help sell a car more then "don't lowball me, I know what I got" statements.

                        It's better than some I've seen where it's a screenshot from the person's snapchat story
                        '89 Schwarz E30 M3 Cabriolet Build

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Rennsport View Post
                          Toes?
                          Simon
                          Current Cars:
                          -1986 BMW 325e & 1968 Datsun Roadster 2000
                          Previous Car Count : 21 ... and climbing...
                          Originally posted by Melon
                          Let it be known to all. Simon fucking keeps it real.

                          Comment


                            I like bc coils better than my ground control koni setup. It's not the 80s anymore. Bc and catuned are the same thing.
                            Hank Ahrens
                            1984 Alpine Coupe
                            1978 911sc

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                              Toes?
                              Autobahn Motorsport - Portland, Oregon
                              @autobahnmotorsport
                              '88 M5 | '88 325i | '88 325is | '88 330is | '91 325is | '91 M-Technic 325ic | '93 740il | '03 325it

                              Comment


                                if you find rash free bottle caps, paint some crazy color there worth 400$ a set


                                Please leave feedback below, thanks

                                http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X