No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On a Scale of Zero To absolute shit, Realistically, how bad are the raceland "Coilovers?"

I'm looking at Ultimately going with either fortune auto coilovers or BC's, But for now, I'm looking for something better than blown shocks with H&R Race springs.

If I stay with the H&R Springs, I need shorter shocks, I know to use Camaro rear shocks, I'm not sure what to use for the front, Any ideas?
    Dumpster Fire Pilot

Comment

I had the raceland ultimos on my e36. They weren't all that bad for being cheap, but my friend had the same ones and they were terrible. I think it's hit and miss with a side of non-existent quality control.
      m106 1990 e30
      e36 daily
      e32 cruiser

Comment

Originally posted by delamaize View Post
        On a Scale of Zero To absolute shit, Realistically, how bad are the raceland "Coilovers?"

I'm looking at Ultimately going with either fortune auto coilovers or BC's, But for now, I'm looking for something better than blown shocks with H&R Race springs.

If I stay with the H&R Springs, I need shorter shocks, I know to use Camaro rear shocks, I'm not sure what to use for the front, Any ideas?
        All those coilovers come from the same place in China...

You have good springs already. You can get mustang or camaro rear shocks. I had SA Mustang Konis. They were great. Up front I would run an iX SA Koni. The setup will be similar cost but worlds better than the Chinese stuff
        Simon
        Current Cars:
        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Acrop on Sunday.

be there

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

Originally posted by Matt-B View Post
            Acrop on Sunday.

be there
            Nope.avi
            Will be in BC....
            Dumpster Fire Pilot

Comment

Originally posted by Rennsport View Post
              I had the raceland ultimos on my e36. They weren't all that bad for being cheap, but my friend had the same ones and they were terrible. I think it's hit and miss with a side of non-existent quality control.
              I wondered, everything I had heard was bad about them, I figured I'd ask though.

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
              All those coilovers come from the same place in China...

You have good springs already. You can get mustang or camaro rear shocks. I had SA Mustang Konis. They were great. Up front I would run an iX SA Koni. The setup will be similar cost but worlds better than the Chinese stuff
              What part number did you use for the rear mustang shocks?

Also, Opinions on CA Tuned Coilovers? They are using a system that is similar to What Fortune is using, and seem to be a little less expensive...
              Dumpster Fire Pilot

Comment

Simon what does SA stand for in regards to the struts? Feeling stupid over here. Lol

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk
                clutchCTRL!
                Move with a purpose.
                - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
                - 2000 323i AT
                2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Originally posted by delamaize View Post
                  I wondered, everything I had heard was bad about them, I figured I'd ask though.

What part number did you use for the rear mustang shocks?

Also, Opinions on CA Tuned Coilovers? They are using a system that is similar to What Fortune is using, and seem to be a little less expensive...
                  Looks like 1186 Sport, got them for under $200 brand new. Worked great with my IE3... the same springs you currently have. I ended up getting corrado SA Konis up front only because the strut housings I got with them were included but I planned on getting IX Konis because they are shorter and made for the E30 strut housings

new_konis by 2mAn

CA Tuned is the same Chinese crap...

Originally posted by kid325e View Post
                  Simon what does SA stand for in regards to the struts? Feeling stupid over here. Lol
                  haha no worries. Single Adjustable. The adjuster was on top also, so you adjust dampening from the trunk

Bonus pics...

Full Droop
                  little droop by 2mAn

Comparison of the Bilstein Sports and the Konis with the GC Raised Mounts.Added the Ground Control raised mounts so I had full travel and low height. You can also see the difference in the height immediately.

shock_comparison by 2mAn
                  Simon
                  Current Cars:

Comment

when honda kids get an e30
                    m106 1990 e30
                    e36 daily
                    e32 cruiser

Comment

Seriously, do people after a few beers say "shit, I'm gonna list my car on Craigslist, better go take a few pictures with my cell phone.."

Nice photo's help sell a car more then "don't lowball me, I know what I got" statements.
                      1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                      2016 Ford Flex
                      2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
                        Seriously, do people after a few beers say "shit, I'm gonna list my car on Craigslist, better go take a few pictures with my cell phone.."

Nice photo's help sell a car more then "don't lowball me, I know what I got" statements.

It's better than some I've seen where it's a screenshot from the person's snapchat story
                        '89 Schwarz E30 M3 Cabriolet Build

Comment

Originally posted by Rennsport View Post
                          Toes?
                          Simon
                          Current Cars:

Comment

I like bc coils better than my ground control koni setup. It's not the 80s anymore. Bc and catuned are the same thing.
                            Hank Ahrens
                            1984 Alpine Coupe
                            1978 911sc

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                              Toes?
                              '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

if you find rash free bottle caps, paint some crazy color there worth 400$ a set

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

Working...
                                X