• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by matt-b View Post
    please post bigger images i cant see those
    qft
    Dumpster Fire Pilot

Comment

Originally posted by Matt-B View Post
      If anyone is interested in going to Bimmerfest.

I am officially looking for a CO-pilot
      I might take you up on that...

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk
      sigpic
      Currently without an e30. Will probably die soon.

Comment

I nearly have all my 24v swap part together. But so many options still.

For transmission's I have

260g eta, matching driveline
        Eta shift linkage
        10° dssr from garagistic
        Billet trans brace
        Poly trans mounts
        Or
        240g out of the 318is and associated stuff

I have a 7lb rhd flywheel that will work with both, but I still need to pick up a clutch, pp, tob, and slave

I'm having conflict on which route to go

I have a (probably) running m52 that's obd1 swamped but I've been looking into obd2 shit and it seems more simple now than the obd1 swapped mess. I even have a brown top coolant temp sensor sitting somewhere.

As for brakes I have a garagistic manual pedal brackrt with a wilwood pedal setup. I'm kinda nervous about running this after I saw Bob Pipers car.

Today I bought an e36 Mishimoto rad, some fans, a late model coolant reservoir and some hoses for cheap.
        Hank Ahrens
        1984 Alpine Coupe
        1978 911sc

Comment

I love cheap simple exhaust on m20’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Make sure you got a clamp or something ahead of the cat or you are going to be hatin' life if you have to drop the driveshaft/transmission.
            1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
            2016 Ford Flex
            2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
              Make sure you got a clamp or something ahead of the cat or you are going to be hatin' life if you have to drop the driveshaft/transmission.
              Josh used the vibrant v-bands on mine, there's one after the headers, one for the mid-pipe+resonator, and one for the muffler. Should make everything super easy to drop when necessary.
              sigpic

4 doors.. so much room for activities!

IG @bluebombr

Transaction Feedback:

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=323622

Comment

Originally posted by ahrensNW View Post
                I nearly have all my 24v swap part together. But so many options still.

For transmission's I have

260g eta, matching driveline
                Eta shift linkage
                10° dssr from garagistic
                Billet trans brace
                Poly trans mounts
                Or
                240g out of the 318is and associated stuff

I have a 7lb rhd flywheel that will work with both, but I still need to pick up a clutch, pp, tob, and slave

I'm having conflict on which route to go

I have a (probably) running m52 that's obd1 swamped but I've been looking into obd2 shit and it seems more simple now than the obd1 swapped mess. I even have a brown top coolant temp sensor sitting somewhere.

As for brakes I have a garagistic manual pedal brackrt with a wilwood pedal setup. I'm kinda nervous about running this after I saw Bob Pipers car.

Today I bought an e36 Mishimoto rad, some fans, a late model coolant reservoir and some hoses for cheap.
                There's basically no reason to run OBDI at this point, everything is easier on OBDII. It's been disproven that the OBDI is any more powerful or any easier to work with. Markert Motorworks has a lot of postings on his tuning/etc showing this.

One thing you might consider is the Bosch 803 MAF over the 540i one (both are 3.5"). It can be tuned in and it's something like 6x more data points to work with.

Bob Piper had too much power with not enough rubber. I also don't think a street car needs a brake booster delete and driving with manual brakes is a pain in the ass.
                sigpic

IG @bluebombr

Transaction Feedback:

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post

I have a saw and a welder I’ll weld in a v band /flange or something when the time comes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by ncsubowen View Post
                    One thing you might consider is the Bosch 803 MAF over the 540i one (both are 3.5"). It can be tuned in and it's something like 6x more data points to work with.

Bob Piper had too much power with not enough rubber. I also don't think a street car needs a brake booster delete and driving with manual brakes is a pain in the ass.
                    I'm fairly decided on obd2. I actually have a 540i maf sitting at my house rn lol, I forgot that I did. Interesting to hear about the porsche maf.

The only holdup for the brakes is that I have EVERYTHING for the manual swap already lol. Pedal feel isn't too much of an issue for me, I'm not beta lol. Just the whole safety aspect is what concerns me.

I dd a shit 318is with no power steering, how much worse could it get lol.
                    Hank Ahrens
                    1984 Alpine Coupe
                    1978 911sc

Comment

Originally posted by ahrensNW View Post
                      I'm fairly decided on obd2. I actually have a 540i maf sitting at my house rn lol, I forgot that I did. Interesting to hear about the porsche maf.

The only holdup for the brakes is that I have EVERYTHING for the manual swap already lol. Pedal feel isn't too much of an issue for me, I'm not beta lol. Just the whole safety aspect is what concerns me.

I dd a shit 318is with no power steering, how much worse could it get lol.
                      Power steering and power brakes are two very different things. I don't know if you have access to a manual brake car to see what it feels like but it's definitely a new experience and not one that I'd trust to street driving.
                      sigpic

IG @bluebombr

Transaction Feedback:

Comment

Mmmm

I've really been thinking that manual brakes weren't the direction to go. Oh well, I can sell them at least.

The pedal feel with the 944 booster doesn't feel great to me, but I guess it would be livable.
                        Hank Ahrens
                        1984 Alpine Coupe
                        1978 911sc

Comment

yall see the guy asking 1500$ for a diff, and 500$ of that is labor for pulling it from the car.

SO next time i sell an engine its 500$, but 2500$ total for complete removal

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

That shits so funny
                            Hank Ahrens
                            1984 Alpine Coupe
                            1978 911sc

Comment

Shit he wanted 2500 for a diff that was 'professionally rebuilt'.
                              sigpic

IG @bluebombr

Transaction Feedback:

Comment

I think it may be time to finally redo my front suspension. Ive been driving on blown konis/gc for the last year and it's finally starting to rattle like a mother. Now I just need to climb under there and figure out my spring rates.
                                Hank Ahrens
                                1984 Alpine Coupe
                                1978 911sc

Comment

Working...
                                X