Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by matt-b View Post
    please post bigger images i cant see those
    qft
    sigpic

    Comment


      Originally posted by Matt-B View Post
      If anyone is interested in going to Bimmerfest.

      I am officially looking for a CO-pilot
      I might take you up on that...

      Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk
      sigpic
      Currently without an e30. Will probably die soon.

      Comment


        I nearly have all my 24v swap part together. But so many options still.

        For transmission's I have

        260g eta, matching driveline
        Eta shift linkage
        10 dssr from garagistic
        Billet trans brace
        Poly trans mounts
        Or
        240g out of the 318is and associated stuff

        I have a 7lb rhd flywheel that will work with both, but I still need to pick up a clutch, pp, tob, and slave

        I'm having conflict on which route to go

        I have a (probably) running m52 that's obd1 swamped but I've been looking into obd2 shit and it seems more simple now than the obd1 swapped mess. I even have a brown top coolant temp sensor sitting somewhere.

        As for brakes I have a garagistic manual pedal brackrt with a wilwood pedal setup. I'm kinda nervous about running this after I saw Bob Pipers car.

        Today I bought an e36 Mishimoto rad, some fans, a late model coolant reservoir and some hoses for cheap.
        Hank Ahrens
        1984 Alpine Coupe
        1978 911sc

        Comment


          I love cheap simple exhaust on m20s


          Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

          Comment


            Make sure you got a clamp or something ahead of the cat or you are going to be hatin' life if you have to drop the driveshaft/transmission.
            1984 Alpina B6 2.8/1 #35
            1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
            1991 Racecar (Chase Schmidt's former drift car - M30)
            2006 BMW X3
            2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

            Comment


              Originally posted by djjerme View Post
              Make sure you got a clamp or something ahead of the cat or you are going to be hatin' life if you have to drop the driveshaft/transmission.
              Josh used the vibrant v-bands on mine, there's one after the headers, one for the mid-pipe+resonator, and one for the muffler. Should make everything super easy to drop when necessary.
              sigpic

              4 doors.. so much room for activities!

              IG @bluebombr

              Transaction Feedback:

              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=323622

              Comment


                Originally posted by ahrensNW View Post
                I nearly have all my 24v swap part together. But so many options still.

                For transmission's I have

                260g eta, matching driveline
                Eta shift linkage
                10 dssr from garagistic
                Billet trans brace
                Poly trans mounts
                Or
                240g out of the 318is and associated stuff

                I have a 7lb rhd flywheel that will work with both, but I still need to pick up a clutch, pp, tob, and slave

                I'm having conflict on which route to go

                I have a (probably) running m52 that's obd1 swamped but I've been looking into obd2 shit and it seems more simple now than the obd1 swapped mess. I even have a brown top coolant temp sensor sitting somewhere.

                As for brakes I have a garagistic manual pedal brackrt with a wilwood pedal setup. I'm kinda nervous about running this after I saw Bob Pipers car.

                Today I bought an e36 Mishimoto rad, some fans, a late model coolant reservoir and some hoses for cheap.
                There's basically no reason to run OBDI at this point, everything is easier on OBDII. It's been disproven that the OBDI is any more powerful or any easier to work with. Markert Motorworks has a lot of postings on his tuning/etc showing this.

                One thing you might consider is the Bosch 803 MAF over the 540i one (both are 3.5"). It can be tuned in and it's something like 6x more data points to work with.

                Bob Piper had too much power with not enough rubber. I also don't think a street car needs a brake booster delete and driving with manual brakes is a pain in the ass.
                sigpic

                4 doors.. so much room for activities!

                IG @bluebombr

                Transaction Feedback:

                http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=323622

                Comment


                  Originally posted by djjerme View Post
                  Make sure you got a clamp or something ahead of the cat or you are going to be hatin' life if you have to drop the driveshaft/transmission.


                  I have a saw and a welder Ill weld in a v band /flange or something when the time comes


                  Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by ncsubowen View Post
                    One thing you might consider is the Bosch 803 MAF over the 540i one (both are 3.5"). It can be tuned in and it's something like 6x more data points to work with.

                    Bob Piper had too much power with not enough rubber. I also don't think a street car needs a brake booster delete and driving with manual brakes is a pain in the ass.
                    I'm fairly decided on obd2. I actually have a 540i maf sitting at my house rn lol, I forgot that I did. Interesting to hear about the porsche maf.

                    The only holdup for the brakes is that I have EVERYTHING for the manual swap already lol. Pedal feel isn't too much of an issue for me, I'm not beta lol. Just the whole safety aspect is what concerns me.

                    I dd a shit 318is with no power steering, how much worse could it get lol.
                    Hank Ahrens
                    1984 Alpine Coupe
                    1978 911sc

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by ahrensNW View Post
                      I'm fairly decided on obd2. I actually have a 540i maf sitting at my house rn lol, I forgot that I did. Interesting to hear about the porsche maf.

                      The only holdup for the brakes is that I have EVERYTHING for the manual swap already lol. Pedal feel isn't too much of an issue for me, I'm not beta lol. Just the whole safety aspect is what concerns me.

                      I dd a shit 318is with no power steering, how much worse could it get lol.
                      Power steering and power brakes are two very different things. I don't know if you have access to a manual brake car to see what it feels like but it's definitely a new experience and not one that I'd trust to street driving.
                      sigpic

                      4 doors.. so much room for activities!

                      IG @bluebombr

                      Transaction Feedback:

                      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=323622

                      Comment


                        Mmmm

                        I've really been thinking that manual brakes weren't the direction to go. Oh well, I can sell them at least.

                        The pedal feel with the 944 booster doesn't feel great to me, but I guess it would be livable.
                        Hank Ahrens
                        1984 Alpine Coupe
                        1978 911sc

                        Comment


                          yall see the guy asking 1500$ for a diff, and 500$ of that is labor for pulling it from the car.


                          SO next time i sell an engine its 500$, but 2500$ total for complete removal


                          Please leave feedback below, thanks

                          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

                          Comment


                            That shits so funny
                            Hank Ahrens
                            1984 Alpine Coupe
                            1978 911sc

                            Comment


                              Shit he wanted 2500 for a diff that was 'professionally rebuilt'.
                              sigpic

                              4 doors.. so much room for activities!

                              IG @bluebombr

                              Transaction Feedback:

                              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=323622

                              Comment


                                I think it may be time to finally redo my front suspension. Ive been driving on blown konis/gc for the last year and it's finally starting to rattle like a mother. Now I just need to climb under there and figure out my spring rates.
                                Hank Ahrens
                                1984 Alpine Coupe
                                1978 911sc

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X