No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks I will give them a call. I really appreciate the advice.

Comment

Feel like I'm in and out of this place. Hello again. So recently picked up a 92 e36(puke), for dirt cheap. it has a good running m50/5speed, lsd, an h&r cup kit, m3 front and rear bumpers and some fatty exhaust. Will be dismantling the car, and parting out, hopefully to help get an e30 to swap the drivetrain into, and make back the cost of the car. It's in good shape, but I really dont like sedans.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

sigpic

Comment

That is an odd looking air box and intake...

t
        now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Originally posted by TobyB View Post
          That is an odd looking air box and intake...

t
          It's just not missing any plastics. I've seen a ton for sale without the alternator cooling duct.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TFJR View Post
            I've personally always had a great experience with Greg at S3 Designs in North Seattle off Aurora Ave. Everyone at the shops owns multiple E30's. They see swapped cars regularly. If not I know Car Tender in Capitol Hill is suppose to be an excellent choice, however I cannot speak to their expertise regarding swapped cars.

I was like, “Where’s S3 Designs? I drive 99 aaaaall the time” open google maps and bam

I’m guessing that’s them. lol

Comment

Why waste time swapping the M50 in to an E30? You won’t make your money back. It’s an M50..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
              2016 Ford Flex
              2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Oddball question - my current battery is dying in the E30. Where do you guys like to buy your batteries? Costco unfortunately doesn't carry group 90/91 for our cars.

Batteries Plus has a Duracell battery but the cold cranking amps are lower than I'd like (600).

Any advice in the Seattle area?
                1988 325 Lachs Sedan SOLD

1989 325i Bronzit Beige 2 Door
                SOLD

2018 Volkswagen Alltrack SE DSG
                Past:1988 325iS Lachs 5 Speed

Comment

Oddball question - my current battery is dying in the E30. Where do you guys like to buy your batteries? Costco unfortunately doesn't carry group 90/91 for our cars.

Batteries Plus has a Duracell battery but the cold cranking amps are lower than I'd like (600).

Any advice in the Seattle area?

I always buy from Pacific Power Batteries. Not sure if they have a Seattle location though. I get mine in Totem Lake.

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
                    Why waste time swapping the M50 in to an E30? You won’t make your money back. It’s an M50..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    I've got a m54b30 rotating assembly waiting for it

sigpic

Comment

Good answer!

:)
                      1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                      2016 Ford Flex
                      2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
                        Good answer!

:)
                        I know how slow the bone stock m50 is. It was the swap to do, cause 24v. but today, cars are faster, and more efficient. Gotta keep up.

Yeah e36 is a total parter outer. 3 completely torn mounts on the rear subframe.

I started and drove it yesterday. Ran really good, considering it was sitting 6 months. Time to start a part out thread

sigpic

Comment

Regarding that red POS I own. Should I install the mtech kit, that I've been saving for a long time, or do I just leave the Tupperware off?

'72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Leave it alone.
                            Mtech kits are awesome, but I'm not a fan of them on a red car IMHO.

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
                            Regarding that red POS I own. Should I install the mtech kit, that I've been saving for a long time, or do I just leave the Tupperware off?

Dumpster Fire Pilot

Comment

tbh I dig it as is!
                              clutchCTRL!
                              Move with a purpose.
                              - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                              - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
                              - 2000 323i AT
                              2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

I've personally always had a great experience with Greg at S3 Designs in North Seattle off Aurora Ave. Everyone at the shops owns multiple E30's. They see swapped cars regularly. If not I know Car Tender in Capitol Hill is suppose to be an excellent choice, however I cannot speak to their expertise regarding swapped cars.
                                We don't work on swapped cars here at Car-Tender. I believe Group 2 does?
                                clutchCTRL!
                                Move with a purpose.
                                - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                                - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
                                - 2000 323i AT
                                2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Working...
                                X