PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
    How much do YOU weigh? It’s cheap and easy weight reduction to get the driver lighter.

The other to remember is aero. No matter how light you get it, you’re still shoving a brick through the air. Work on air flow around and THROUGH the car at speed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Honestly I need to lose weight. With my family history of heart disease and obesity it wouldn't hurt to drop down to my former spry 165. I've been working at Pagliacci for the past year I've been in school and its detrimental to the way I fit in the spg in the M3 lmao.

Aero is the next consideration. I have some kooglewerks stuff but I dont think a 4" spoiler does a whole lot on the trunk of an e30.

The side exhaust is an interesting idea. I'm sure stainless coming off of the manifold to a 4" magnaflow would be pretty damn light.
    Hank Ahrens
    1984 Alpine Coupe
    1978 911sc

Comment

Hmmm.

Aluminum becomes a liquid at 1200 or so F, right?

I see 1800 f 6" from the exhaust port.

What could go wrong?

The seriously big budget race teams (and NASA and the USAF, etc) use titanium,
      which becomes a liquid at a seriously high temperature. And would be lighter than aluminum.

t

edit
      manifold
      tell me you're using a lightweight header(s)- the stock manifolds weigh more than the diff on a 2002!

votes for thinwall stainless.
      Last edited by TobyB; 12-15-2018, 04:10 PM. Reason: heavy exhaust? Ditch the manifolds!
      now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

NW newb

Thought I’d join the discussion and introduce myself, names Dan but most people just use my last name, Basher. I’ve finally picked up an e30 after looking off and on for a few years. Last year when I was looking for a track car I picked up a fox body mustang and have done quite a bit to get it capable of making laps. It’s close but the recent e30 purchase (and the holidays) have put it on the back burner.
        What I ended up with is a coupe that’s been a round the NW a bit, it’s got some real nice work that’s been done and is a complete hoot to drive.
        1989 325
        M50 w/S50 cams, tune and a chip
        E36 front and rear, 3.73lsd
        E46 6spd
        Vorshlag CC plates
        Ireland sway bars
        Bilsteins and H&R springs

I was able to have a buddy at Grip Racing throw it on the lift last week and look it over, happy that everything checks out and only a few minor issues that’ll need to be addressed before I get on track.

Anyway, that’s me and what I’ll be working with, hope to see meet some members at the track.

Comment

Originally posted by Dbasher View Post
          Thought I’d join the discussion and introduce myself, names Dan but most people just use my last name, Basher. I’ve finally picked up an e30 after looking off and on for a few years. Last year when I was looking for a track car I picked up a fox body mustang and have done quite a bit to get it capable of making laps. It’s close but the recent e30 purchase (and the holidays) have put it on the back burner.
          What I ended up with is a coupe that’s been a round the NW a bit, it’s got some real nice work that’s been done and is a complete hoot to drive.
          1989 325
          M50 w/S50 cams, tune and a chip
          E36 front and rear, 3.73lsd
          E46 6spd
          Vorshlag CC plates
          Ireland sway bars
          Bilsteins and H&R springs

I was able to have a buddy at Grip Racing throw it on the lift last week and look it over, happy that everything checks out and only a few minor issues that’ll need to be addressed before I get on track.

Anyway, that’s me and what I’ll be working with, hope to see meet some members at the track.
          Welcome to the forum. Post pictures, if you have any. Sounds like an interesting car.

Austin
          '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

After getting it home and scrubbing it down, cleans up pretty good.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Dbasher View Post
              After getting it home and scrubbing it down, cleans up pretty good.
              Delphin is a great color. Congratulations!
              '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Nice man! Didn't see that on cl, where do you pick it up from?
                Hank Ahrens
                1984 Alpine Coupe
                1978 911sc

Comment

Originally posted by ahrensNW View Post
                  Nice man! Didn't see that on cl, where do you pick it up from?
                  Never made it to CL. It was a friend of a friend who knew a guy...lol. I was in the right place at the right time and just fell into it. Pretty glad I did, it’s a ton of fun.

Comment

welcome to the delphin gang

the hazing is tomorrow at midnight
                    1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                    willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post

the hazing is tomorrow at midnight
                      Oh boy! Now I’ve got to find something to wear!

Still trying to figure out the picture posting deal, I’ll get it.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Upload your pics to flickr, and just use the BBCode from your sharing tab. It's the easiest way to embed photos on a post here.
                        Hank Ahrens
                        1984 Alpine Coupe
                        1978 911sc

Comment

There's even a tutorial here on how to do it!

Originally posted by kronus
                          would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Is that dragon scales?
                            1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                            2016 Ford Flex
                            2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
                              Is that dragon scales?
                              I imagine you’re talking about the seats, I’m not up on the lingo but the pattern does resemble a mythical creature.

Comment

Working my last day of the year today. Maybe I will be able to get something done on my E30.

@Austin when you coming back over?

Comment

Working...
                                X