PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by e30austin View Post
    Better hope whoever is buying your parts doesn't see your above message first...
    :D Does it really matter if they do? I sell mostly through eBay anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by PDXPeter View Post
      :D Does it really matter if they do? I sell mostly through eBay anyway.
      No, I, personally, really don't think it matters...but, man, some folks really get hung up on someone paying "X" for something and trying to sell it for "Y". At least people on eBay don't really care. At least someone is getting a couple deals at the pull yards still :)
      '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

No, I, personally, really don't think it matters...but, man, some folks really get hung up on someone paying "X" for something and trying to sell it for "Y". At least people on eBay don't really care. At least someone is getting a couple deals at the pull yards still :)
        Yeah Ive seen that before too and try to avoid them as much as possible. Im also listed as a parts puller on Row52. Some of those folks get so irritated when I tell them my pull fee, as if my time isn't worth anything.

Comment

Originally posted by PDXPeter View Post
          Yeah Ive seen that before too and try to avoid them as much as possible. Im also listed as a parts puller on Row52. Some of those folks get so irritated when I tell them my pull fee, as if my time isn't worth anything.
          Well, nobody wants to pay anything for anything anymore. You are expected to pull the parts AND deliver them to the guy for free, don't you know!

Comment

The part that bugs me, is they can make a nice profit while charging reasonable prices, but that just isn't enough for them, they have to up their prices and try and get every cent possible out of their parts.

If I have some land I'd start a pull it yourself E30 yard, it'd be so easy to turn a profit even with cheap prices...

Comment

Problem is what they have to pay to exist. The city of Portland, Feds, EPA..etc charge a bucket load for land use as a wrecking yard. Constantly on their arse about hazardous waste and disposal and stolen cars. Look at what transpired about the Truck wrecking yard that used to be out there on Columbia in PDX..

It used to be you could just have a bunch of cars on YOUR land and part them out. But now, you gotta play by their rules - and when you have a city that thought the Green New Deal wasn't such a bad idea - they probably aren't going to be willing to let you just have a self serve partin' out Bimmer's yard. And all it takes is one passer by to say something - or worse yet - one person getting hurt while pulling parts.
              1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
              2016 Ford Flex
              2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Yeah, I tried the self service BMW wrecking yard thing before...all fun and games, til some asshole breaks parts they don't want to pay for, or tries stealing shit right in front of your face, etc...meh

Comment

I'm Still alive guys....Just not a ton of time these days
                  Dumpster Fire Pilot

Comment

Yeah, I tried the self service BMW wrecking yard thing before...all fun and games, til some asshole breaks parts they don't want to pay for, or tries stealing shit right in front of your face, etc...meh
                    I routinely pick up needles in the cars at the SE Foster lot and give them to the desk staff.

Comment

Well, nobody wants to pay anything for anything anymore. You are expected to pull the parts AND deliver them to the guy for free, don't you know!
                      wait wait... your not going to ship the diff for free?

jk... on that note, anyone from PDX heading down to your favorite state anytime soon? my twin isnt making the journey anytime soon
                      Simon
                      Current Cars:
                      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                        wait wait... your not going to ship the diff for free?

jk... on that note, anyone from PDX heading down to your favorite state anytime soon? my twin isnt making the journey anytime soon
                        *giggle giggle*

Comment

Anyone have a nice, functioning and clean Rear Window Defrost Switch I could purchase in Seattle? Mine works, but the face is completely worn off & the bulb is dead.
                          1988 325 Lachs Sedan SOLD

1989 325i Bronzit Beige 2 Door
                          SOLD

2018 Volkswagen Alltrack SE DSG
                          Past:1988 325iS Lachs 5 Speed

Comment

I should have a couple here in PDX. Will check in an hour to see how they look.

Comment

Anyone shipped a diff before? Looks like I will need to be sent from PDX to LAX... heard Greyhound?
                              Simon
                              Current Cars:
                              -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                                Anyone shipped a diff before? Looks like I will need to be sent from PDX to LAX... heard Greyhound?
                                I have been sent a diff, guy used a plastic container/box from sams club with tons of foam and cardboard inside. He zip tied the lip closed and it came undamaged.

Comment

Working...
                                X