No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks, screenshotted for reference later.

I called him twice since dropping it off and hes told me twice that the crank is "currently" being machined at his offsite crankshaft machining shop. Well i showed up unannounced today and low and behold the crank wasnt even touched yet. I confronted him about it and he blamed it on me because i didnt inform him about what the standard size for the main and rod surfaces are on an m20 crank, therefore he couldn't machine it yet. So 1. Wouldn't the specs for the crank be in a catalog he should have and 2. Why didn't he call me if he needed that info. I paid for the services he did for the head and left without arguing much more. Anyway, im calling it a lost and looking for another m20 short block to build cause i dont want to deal with this guy anymore

1988 ~ Lacey ~ 325iS

Comment

Bummer! Unfortunately, unless the expectations are clear a lot of blame can be thrown around both parties.

Let me know if you are seriously looking for another block. I have M20B25 without Cylinder Head or Pan. Block, rotating assembly, and Pistons all there. 50.00 and it's yours. We have been using C and D Machine out of Kirkland exclusively, with Action Machine out of Shoreline as a back up; they do great work but the C and D team is hard to beat!

This sub forum has been dead for some time now. 2020 let's bring it back. What's everyone planning over winter? Summer will be here before we know it.
      clutchCTRL!
      Move with a purpose.
      - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
      - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
      - 2000 323i AT
      2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Originally posted by Matt-B View Post
        Start saving $

the fbi is going to auction all of Watson’s cars

bahahahahahjahahaja
        please explain.

vtechnik Highland East and Action Machine are both great places I used when I lived up there.

kid325e Paolo, you've got winter and summer E30s now, thats great! I kinda want to drive up for the Picnic, but its close to my anniversary so Im not sure my wife is down.
        Simon
        Current Cars:
        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Simon - yeah i'm looking forward to actually driving more then just working on projects all summer. I'm sure i'll find a way to put one of them on jack stands for a few months.
          clutchCTRL!
          Move with a purpose.
          - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
          - 2000 323i AT
          2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Originally posted by kid325e View Post
            Bummer! Unfortunately, unless the expectations are clear a lot of blame can be thrown around both parties.

Let me know if you are seriously looking for another block. I have M20B25 without Cylinder Head or Pan. Block, rotating assembly, and Pistons all there. 50.00 and it's yours. We have been using C and D Machine out of Kirkland exclusively, with Action Machine out of Shoreline as a back up; they do great work but the C and D team is hard to beat!

This sub forum has been dead for some time now. 2020 let's bring it back. What's everyone planning over winter? Summer will be here before we know it.
            Damn wish you had replied like 3 days ago lol. I just bought an m20 long block for a ton more but its in really good condition so it all worked out okay i guess.

My winter plans are to finish rebuilding my m20 and swap it in by January 10th, install my megasquirt by January 15th, and turbo by feburary-march :)))

1988 ~ Lacey ~ 325iS

Comment

Not a bad plan!

Plans for me include -

Part out and get rid of the 2002 shell.
              Sell the E46 323i.
              Suspension and Engine Overhaul in the iX.
              Lower and put new Wheels on the Convertible (really really leaning towards air suspension; going to be a cruiser - has an automatic transmission).
              clutchCTRL!
              Move with a purpose.
              - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
              - 2000 323i AT
              2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Finish the 2002!!!
                Simon
                Current Cars:
                -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Well the e34 wagon is gone, so now I'm thinking of what to do with the 318is slicktop. I have a spare drivetrain and interior just sitting for it, that would be the easy route to get it going again. Its a complete car but soggy inside from sitting, and it has a bad head gasket.

Bought some custom RMs on ebay for my black coupe, but one wheel is bent, so Im still waiting on its replacement to show up via the seller. They looked really good the one day that I had them on. Id also like to put on some better brakes, and do the rear bushings. Maybe upgrade the sound and add a lukebox if can can get ahold of one.

Also have a really clean 84 black shell sitting, that I'd like to make a plan for. I thought about reshelling my car into it, but kinda makes more sense to start fresh, again. 3.5L lumpy cam 12v sounds may be calling me...
                  -Peter
                  '86 S52 coupe | Cotm: 6/18
                  '91 318is slicktop project
                  '14 F15 X5 35d M Sport
                  '00 Tundra

Comment

I'm letting the 2002 go. Thought about it quite a long time - my thought is this; I have two slots for "lifetime/forever" cars. The iX is one of them; the 2002 was the 2nd for a bit but after thinking about it - The iX is very sentimental to me due to it's high mileage and long term ownership, it's actually got some legit "patina" at this point. The 2002 was always going to be somewhat ratty, loud, and brash. I've grown in car taste a bit and it's just not what I want. Plus - after having so many M20s over the years, I really want to start building on some of the newer engines. I really want an F10 535i as a commuter car to and from work.

Priorities change! Oh well.
                    clutchCTRL!
                    Move with a purpose.
                    - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                    - 2000 323i AT
                    2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Habla - so do you have three E30s?

Slick Top

E30 you got RMs for

84 Black Shell

??
                      clutchCTRL!
                      Move with a purpose.
                      - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                      - 2000 323i AT
                      2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Originally posted by kid325e View Post
                        Habla - so do you have three E30s?

Slick Top

E30 you got RMs for

84 Black Shell

??
                        Paolo,
                        I do. My s52 car of 7 years, and I got the other 2 this year. The black shell is in great shape and was a deal. I had been looking for a nicer one for a while.

Peter
                        -Peter
                        '86 S52 coupe | Cotm: 6/18
                        '91 318is slicktop project
                        '14 F15 X5 35d M Sport
                        '00 Tundra

Comment

Lumpy 12v sounds good to me. You getting excited for nicer weather? What's everyone playing with this weekend?
                          clutchCTRL!
                          Move with a purpose.
                          - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                          - 2000 323i AT
                          2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Im assembling an m20 bottom end and gather more turbo goodies this weekend. Hbu?

Side note, if anyone has hand me down m20 turbo stuff i have cash

1988 ~ Lacey ~ 325iS

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post

please explain.
                              All his cars were seized by the fbi lol , spreading like wildfire fire among locals. Guess you cant defraud the government

I’ll try to get more info

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

Replaced a leaking Heater Valve in my 92 Vert yesterday. Replaced the Heater Core as PM, O-Rings (obviously), and also special ordered and replaced the Grommet that the Heater Pipes go through the Firewall.

Pulled the Pedal Box, TEP Rear Strut Bar, and E30 Battery Cable and Junction Point out of the 2002 to ship out to a buyer. The car is pretty bare at this point except for the drivetrain. At this rate, I figure it will be out by end of January!

Just waiting for Winter to pass - then the Vert will become the daily and the iX will go in the garage for some much needed maintenance/repairs. Happy New Year!
                                clutchCTRL!
                                Move with a purpose.
                                - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                                - 2000 323i AT
                                2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Working...
                                X