X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• george graves
    replied
    Originally posted by Austin! View Post
    I just couldn't do Facebook anymore. The amount of stupidity and misinformation, on a very regular basis, was slowly killing me on the inside.
    I second that. It's painful. As in....it hurts my insides how wrong some answers are, yet get up voted in a second as the right answer.

Example: "I drove 60 miles on without coolant, is my head warped?" - ANSWER "No, just drop a new head gasket in and ***sent it***"

Someone kill me. Just drop a m20 block on my noggin. It will be over fast that way.

Originally posted by James Crivellone View Post
    I don't care for the Facebook group. Its literally an avenue for selling stuff and quick answers
    It's the land of the millennials and 18-24 year olds that buys, and then thinks. So different then what I was taught. You research for 2-3 months, think about it, and confer with others, then you buy. Not FB. You buy, and then defend what you bought like it was the best, even if it wasn't. It reminds me of the atari/console wars back in the 80/90's. You had to pretend what you bought was the best, because otherwise was to admit you screwed up.

Leave a comment:

• RainRider
    replied
    I'm here for the duration. Yes I have FB but for what?

Leave a comment:

• Matt-B
    replied
    I mean this was like the #1 thread then it’s like weeks until people reply , I think James is right people want quick answers and with my circle of friends we sort of know what we need to knew and get by ok , so the forum is sort of dying , instagram and others are where people are migrating . I don’t really get any sales from here or sell random parts . If I need a part I ask on social media , and get what I need bought or sold immediately

Leave a comment:

• Wschnitz
    replied
    tbh i just miss that all the memes moved to FB. The regularity of legendary threads is too low now for me.

Leave a comment:

• agent
    replied
    The '02 crowd probably experienced this during the migration from BBS's to forums while using Sendata 700 acoustic couplers. That was followed by the E21 crowd trying to make the move to discussing things real time in chatrooms over 28.8 baud modems on AOL.

#revisionisthistory

Leave a comment:

Working...
X