Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• e30austin
    replied
    A 914, is as much of a Porsche, as a Boxster is. Yuck.

Leave a comment:

• Nader393
    replied
    Mine has the G50, but owners of the 915 love them when they're set up correctly. Cable actuated, so start there and see if there's slack that needs to be tightened.

I recently drove a friend's 914, outwardly beautiful, he paid top dollar for it on BaT, and it was awful. I love Porsches, but when they're not sorted, they suck. Controls (steering, brakes, clutch) can have heavy actuation, vague engagement (shifting), and generally depressing sloppiness that would horrify the Porsche engineers and factory floor workers who originally built these things. Like the e30 I bought from you, some TLC goes a long way to improving the driving experience.

Leave a comment:

• ahrensNW
    replied
    I really just want to be able to drive this car hard, and the current 2.7/915 really feel terrible. First is a mess.

I do think I might just be spoiled by how hard you can beat on bmw ZFs and getrags

Leave a comment:

• ncsubowen
    replied
    Those turbo beetles are actually a lot of fun

Leave a comment:

• kid325e
    replied
    I really want to build a Beetle, then an Aircooled Porsche - not as a "forever" cars; just feel like it'd be worth the trouble. I could be crazy though.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X