STOLEN - 1986 M-Tech I Panzer Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Van Westervelt View Post
    The car was done, literally. Had just spent the day before putting all the last trim pieces on. I was planning to debut it at the show one week later and take it out of the storage locker the following day or two. This is all what makes me believe it was someone working there, or a friend of an employee etc.

I was, and I have all the receipts and pictures. 100 pictures and 500 copies of receipts later, and there offer is a devalued run of the mill 325e sedan with high miles, less my deductible. Last week I got a phone call from a regional manager overseeing 7 states blah blah blah that wanted to take it to mediation as opposed to exercising the appraiser clause, which I had already started. Mediation would put it all in the hands of an umpire and their decision would be binding and end all. Just what progressive would like. And making me represent myself, or hire counsel all on a matter that I am not versed in.

Stated value policy, receipts provided, pictures provided, documentation provided = standard value offer from Progressive. Buyers beware! Looks like I will be left holding the empty bag on this one.
    Have you spoke to a lawyer? If not, text me for a number of a good friend of mine. Even just for some advice, if not to have him represent you.

Nationwide tried to fuck me over a couple years ago and give me $800 and keep my car when I got backed into. Got $2500, kept my car and a clean title. He literally sat on the phone with the adjuster waffleswaffleswaffleswaffles for no more than 45 seconds.
    '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

They have already received my appraisal company's valuation. That is done, and that is when I got the call trying to get me to go to mediation.

I have been in contact with a couple attorneys, but don't want to go down that road too fast. If this continues, I will likely go after them afterwards with counsel.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Van Westervelt View Post
        They have already received my appraisal company's valuation. That is done, and that is when I got the call trying to get me to go to mediation.

I have been in contact with a couple attorneys, but don't want to go down that road too fast. If this continues, I will likely go after them afterwards with counsel.
        Better to be informed and prepared early on than later. Let me know if you want his contact info. He's a good guy.

Comment

Take them to small claims.

Comment

Small claims limit in Oregon is 10,000. It would be more than that.
            sigpic

Comment

Then take them to small claims for 10k...?

Have you looked into employee records at the storage spot? Did anyone quit/no-show around the time of theft?

I know you said the on-site footage was bunk, but maybe there is something of use before it happened, maybe someone scoped it or something...
              -Peter
              '86 S52 coupe | Cotm: 6/18
              '91 318is slicktop project
              '14 F15 X5 35d M Sport
              '00 Tundra

Comment

is their any other business in the area that would have surveillance? might get you a better view of the shitbags that stole your car. I'm keeping an eye out here, if I see it, I'll punch some 9mm holes in the fuckers, and then call the po-pos.

[rant]
                I'm on the rampage also, back about the same time period, some SHITBAG TWEAKER MOTHERFUCKERS. backed into my parents with a stolen truck, hooked up to my trailer and my YFZ450, and took off with it. Still have not been able to find it. The kicker is the coupler on the trailer was locked closed with a Sargent lock, and somehow they picked it and opened it, as I found the open lock on the ground in the driveway. They found the truck, and my trailer, it was TRASHED though, and it still cost me $300 to get it out of impound. if I ever catch the motherfuckers that stole my shit, I'm not going to kill them, but I will permanently mame them, and make it look like self defense.

people who steal shit are the among the lowest fucks on earth, and should be shot. If we actually started shooting motherfuckers, maybe people would think twice, it's obvious that they don't fear Law enforcement anymore, and their isn't anything the police can do about it, without being accused of "police brutality."

Fuck man, now I'm all pissed off again.

[/rant]
                Dumpster Fire Pilot

Comment

I already hated Progressive Insurance because of political reasons (Peter Lewis & George Soros) and their incredibly shitty commercials. This takes it another notch higher...sorry for what they offered you.

Comment

Progressive will not even talk to me anymore. They will only talk to me through their attorney, and they were MY insurance company. Talk about leaving your customers out to dry.

That and their appraiser's valuation of my car was nearly 1/4 of why my appraisers valuation was. So begins another battle. Yay.

Someone just find my car and bring it back, no hard feelings, just return it and everything on it please. I wont even call the cops, I just want all of my parts and hard work back.
                    sigpic

Comment

That's fucking depressing man. Insurance companies are the scum of the earth.

Comment

Insurance companies can all go fuck themselves.

Comment

So sorry this happen to you. I know you feel the lose way much deeper then the Dollar amount. I had a car one time that I spent most the summer building. I spent a lot of hours on it everyday after work. I had it locked up in what I thought was a friends old small barn. I took a much needed break for two weeks to come back and find out they had a big party. Some people broke I to the barn and took a sledge hammer to EVERY inch of my car. It was way pass repair. I know it's not really the same but I do have an idea of how you feel.
                          sigpichttp://www.germanaudiospecialties.com/

1986 325es :early:

Comment

Originally posted by Austin! View Post
                            Insurance companies can all go fuck themselves.
                            Yep, people complain about getting fucked by lawyers, insurance companies are the real fuckers.

Comment

this blows i just read every page waiting for the climax of this to be you catching the fucks but of course thats to good to be true
                              if you don't get your labor of love back i hope you get a waaay better payout then a dry fuck in the ass 1500 bucks!!
                              IG- nv_e30

Comment

Any updates?

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
                                1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                                1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
                                2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

Working...
                                X