Need S50 help. Car runs but poorly

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Matt-B
    replied
    As others have said, check knock sensors, check tps, for obvious vaccum leaks and that the front trigger wheel is on correctly, and the motor is timed properly.

    Leave a comment:


  • Munich Man
    replied
    Originally posted by Austin!
    Yes.
    Alright, I'll fill it half way and unplug the MAF. I'll get back to you guys soon.

    Leave a comment:


  • e30austin
    replied
    Yes.

    Leave a comment:


  • Munich Man
    replied
    Originally posted by Austin!
    That whole system works in sync, like an orchestra. If one of the main components isn't there or working properly, it will fail. Go drive it around with the MAF unplugged and see what happens (puts it in limp mode.
    Should I keep my 02 sensor plugged in while MAF isn't?

    Leave a comment:


  • e30austin
    replied
    That whole system works in sync, like an orchestra. If one of the main components isn't there or working properly, it will fail. Go drive it around with the MAF unplugged and see what happens (puts it in limp mode.

    Leave a comment:


  • Munich Man
    replied
    Originally posted by ser1992
    Sounds like it could be a problem with fuel? I had a Silvia and whenever the tank got halfway or lower it would drive like how you described. I put in a walbro 255 and changed the fuel filter and it fixed it.
    I'll go fill it up and drive it around for a little haha. I'll let you know.

    Leave a comment:


  • Munich Man
    replied
    Originally posted by Austin!
    Did you ever look at knock sensors?
    I didn't. Could that really cause it? Or is that more referring to the rough idle?

    Leave a comment:


  • e30austin
    replied
    VANOS could be taking a shit, too.

    Leave a comment:


  • e30austin
    replied
    Did you ever look at knock sensors?

    Leave a comment:


  • ser1992
    replied
    Sounds like it could be a problem with fuel? I had a Silvia and whenever the tank got halfway or lower it would drive like how you described. I put in a walbro 255 and changed the fuel filter and it fixed it.

    Leave a comment:


  • Munich Man
    started a topic Need S50 help. Car runs but poorly

    Need S50 help. Car runs but poorly

    Alright guys, I've posted similar threads before but after trying suggestions that many have had, it's time I ask for help. It cuts power while I'm driving randomly. I can floor it on the freeway sometimes and it'll be fine, and other times it'll bog around 3,000 RPM's or so. Really frustrating me because I've tried so many things and I'm just not sure.
    Stuff changed:
    O2 Sensor
    MAF Sensor
    ECU
    Vacuum lines
    and other stuff that I'm forgetting.
    The car also has a weird sounding idle.
    If anyone who's done the swap or knows a lot about it can come check it out, it'd be greatly appreciated. I have money and will pay you if we're able to figure out what the hell is wrong with my car. I just want to have fun in my E30 again :(
    You can text or call me at (425)-367-231FIVE. I live in Mukilteo and am available all day today, and anytime during the week after 3:30. Thanks in advance!
Working...