Recommendation for e28 M30b35 engine swap shop/person? Beaverton/Hillsboro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm getting close to finishing the refresh of my M30B35.
    I'd love to do the swap myself, but I've never done it before. Can anyone recommend a shop or someone that my be able to let me help with the install?

I would like to have the experience... I'm sure it will take longer :P

If no humans... maybe a good shop that will work on an e28.

I have an engine stand, motor hoist and a bunch of tools.

I'm in Hillsboro, OR
    Thanks in advance.

@e30Austin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thank you

Comment

If not Austin, check with Ryan at Dynasport.
        1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
        2016 Ford Flex
        2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Austin or Ryan are both top notch. However, you could do it yourself if you have the time. There is so much info online pertaining to these swaps.

Comment

Originally posted by mcdougal View Post
            Austin or Ryan are both top notch. However, you could do it yourself if you have the time. There is so much info online pertaining to these swaps.
            I'm sure I could. But having a helping hand would take some of the guess work out of it.
            Last edited by smileyboy; 04-23-2019, 06:18 AM.

Comment

Austin for sure. He's really good with that stuff and is just over by PDX.

Comment

Do it yourself learn about cars

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

Originally posted by Matt-B View Post
                  Do it yourself learn about cars

This too. It’s not super hard. Just take your time and ask questions or research

1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                  2016 Ford Flex
                  2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
                    This too. It’s not super hard. Just take your time and ask questions or research

This is true, if you have a place to work on the car then just research and ask questions on the forums.

Comment

PDX BMW Shop

I've been using Joseph at Munich Motorworks and I think he's been awesome. Quality work at what I feel have reasonable prices. Haven't been by lately as I've been laid up from a surgery but I saw on FB they just redid their shop which is on the corner of 39th and Holgate.

I wish I could do more work by myself but lack of knowledge, space and tools relegates me to the role of Checkbook Mechanic as Austin called me. No offense taken but I thought that was an accurate label for me.

Comment

Originally posted by wisslerj View Post
                        I've been using Joseph at Munich Motorworks and I think he's been awesome. Quality work at what I feel have reasonable prices. Haven't been by lately as I've been laid up from a surgery but I saw on FB they just redid their shop which is on the corner of 39th and Holgate.

I wish I could do more work by myself but lack of knowledge, space and tools relegates me to the role of Checkbook Mechanic as Austin called me. No offense taken but I thought that was an accurate label for me.
                        That's about me. I run a small company so I don't have the time to start something like this and have it in pieces in my garage for months.

I feel like I'm doing great building the engine. I won't mind if someone else installs it, I just wanted to do as much as I possibly could.

If someone wants to help, I can provide food, beer and monies... My projected start date is around June 1

Comment

Working...
                        X