Looking for a paint/body shop in Portland, Or

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for a paint/body shop in Portland, Or

I have an e28 that’s getting restored. It’s got some door dings a tiny bit of rust near the trunk and some clear coat fading.

Looking for a full respray and to have the dings removed.
    anyone have a shop they can recommend?

thanks

I don't know if I necessarily recommend them based on the experience I had with my Alfa..... but I used Steve's Autobody in East Portland. Here's the story... I hit a deer with my GTV6, needed the fender replaced. There's no body parts for old Alfa's made, and I could not find anyplace in the puget sound area that would touch it. Steve's was willing to take it on. So I took it there and the quality of the repairs was good. However I was dissapointed with their treatment of the car while they had it..... I asked for it to be covered while parked outside, because it leaks. They did not, and the door cards and carpets were drenched. I also told them that all the trim is NLA, so treat it very carefully. They ripped the crap out of the hood liner and beat up the drip rail pretty bad. Now, those issues probably won't be a problem with a BMW where pretty much everything is available... and hopefully your E28 doesn't leak.
    1985 325e -> M60 swap project
    1983 GTV6
    1974 X1/9

Comment

Thank you! I’ll check them out

Comment

If you want super duper OEM quality with a lifetime guarantee, Active Autobody in NW is the official body shop for BMW Portland. obviously their shit is overkill for most of us, but if you want the best...

Comment

Talk to Chris Heinrich at Advantage Collision Center - he does Dynasports stuff. He also races spec Miata, and puts on the enduro series with conference. He did all the MT2 on my touring and I'm going to be sending the Alpina to him once I get the new shell stripped.
          1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
          2016 Ford Flex
          2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Thank you

Comment

Working...
            X