• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aleman
    replied
    Originally posted by amiller07 View Post
    Yes!! Pre registration closes tonight at 11:30pm
    This is the 2nd annual East e30 Picnic.  Doors open Friday at 5pm at sandstone farms.  We will have a table for registration set up from 5-9pm for anyone camping or just coming to hang Friday evening.  We highly suggest you preregister and come Friday to help with the flow of traffic and parking.  Saturday Registration table will open at 9am.  Visit easte30picnic.com for more details on events happening. For those who didn't make it out last year, here is a little idea of what this event is about.  We created this event to bring the community together.  No matter what you have done to your e30 we wanna see it.  We want people who love e30s as much as us to come out and share your knowledge and experiences and just enjoy the weekend around friends.  There will be door prizes and raffles so bring CASH.     The most important thing about this event is that this is all volunteer and any money that is made will go right back into the event.  We would love to break that 100 car barrier one day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the heads up! I just registered.

Sent from my smartphone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• amiller07
    replied
    Originally posted by Aleman View Post
    Sept 7-9 this year

Looks like fun!

Yes!! Pre registration closes tonight at 11:30pm
    This is the 2nd annual East e30 Picnic.  Doors open Friday at 5pm at sandstone farms.  We will have a table for registration set up from 5-9pm for anyone camping or just coming to hang Friday evening.  We highly suggest you preregister and come Friday to help with the flow of traffic and parking.  Saturday Registration table will open at 9am.  Visit easte30picnic.com for more details on events happening. For those who didn't make it out last year, here is a little idea of what this event is about.  We created this event to bring the community together.  No matter what you have done to your e30 we wanna see it.  We want people who love e30s as much as us to come out and share your knowledge and experiences and just enjoy the weekend around friends.  There will be door prizes and raffles so bring CASH.     The most important thing about this event is that this is all volunteer and any money that is made will go right back into the event.  We would love to break that 100 car barrier one day.

Leave a comment:

• Aleman
    replied
    Sept 7-9 this year

Looks like fun!

Leave a comment:

• allen_t
    replied
    Would be in for something closer to tristate area.

Leave a comment:

• SmokeE30
    replied
    SAM! Let's just rent the Bloomsburg fairgrounds and run 339 all day, plenty of parking and plenty of curves

Leave a comment:

• Motorsports
    replied
    Just saw this thread. Very interested in seeing an event like this put together.

Leave a comment:

• 88BlackS-ETA
    replied
    Didnt even know there was a PA E30 group on facebook.... Just put in a request to join it. Im in a few a meet also. Got my car together and finally finished and would like to take it for a drive.

Leave a comment:

• Vanilla Gorilla
    replied
    That's awesome. I will be I touch very soon. I run the pae30 group on Facebook be only have a few hundred members but seem like less But we need to make this happen. I want to meet more people with the same passion of knowing the great history these cars have

Nice! I'm going to join the page and check it out!

I agree, it's great meeting like minded enthusiasts!

Shoot me an email and I'll make an intro to my partner Sean. Then I'll introduce you to the correct people within the Boston BMW CCA Chapter and we can start a planning email thread.

Do you happen to have contacts with the BMW CCA Chapter in your area?

Getting as many East Coast Chapters of the CCA involved as we can will ensure we have a successful event.

Leave a comment:

• amiller07
    replied
    Originally posted by Vanilla Gorilla View Post
    I just came across this post and I like the idea... Might be a little short on time though for organizing an event of this size. Insurance is super expensive for these types of events if you haven't looked into that yet.

Regardless, I love the idea! My name is Jon Heller and I run NE30 with my buddy Sean. It's a New England based e30 enthusiast club. We've been in talks with the Boston Chapter of the BMW CCA about putting on an East Coast e30 picnic next year at Colt State Park in RI or possibly a more southern location.

I would be very interested in chatting and seeing what we could put together. We have 1486 memebers in our club so we can get the event in front of a large number of e30 owners specifically living in the Northern East Coast.

My email is Jon.heller88@gmail.com and my cell is (617) 372-6670 feel free to shoot me an email or give me a ring and we can chat sometime.

That's awesome. I will be I touch very soon. I run the pae30 group on Facebook be only have a few hundred members but seem like less But we need to make this happen. I want to meet more people with the same passion of knowing the great history these cars have

Leave a comment:

• amiller07
    replied
    Originally posted by gart View Post
    Looks like this is getting some interest. Who's in charge, what's happening, what can/do I need to do?? Let's get the ball rolling.

I'm trying to organize it. We need to find a venue that isn't just a parking lot I want it to be a relaxed setting. If anyone want to help pm me. I've been busy at work. But I drove through the Jim Thorpe area and I think we should Fonda place near there I want a few venders and possibly have a spot for used parts vendors

Leave a comment:

• Vanilla Gorilla
    replied
    quick update got to drive thru some mountains in the jim thorpe, pa area this past weekend i think it be a great area to try and have this event. right now im trying to gather funds and gauge how much it would cost to rent some place to have the event. along with vendor cost and entry costs. i need serious people that would like to be a part in organizing this and possibly have a meeting soon and look at locations.
    I just came across this post and I like the idea... Might be a little short on time though for organizing an event of this size. Insurance is super expensive for these types of events if you haven't looked into that yet.

Regardless, I love the idea! My name is Jon Heller and I run NE30 with my buddy Sean. It's a New England based e30 enthusiast club. We've been in talks with the Boston Chapter of the BMW CCA about putting on an East Coast e30 picnic next year at Colt State Park in RI or possibly a more southern location.

I would be very interested in chatting and seeing what we could put together. We have 1486 memebers in our club so we can get the event in front of a large number of e30 owners specifically living in the Northern East Coast.

My email is Jon.heller88@gmail.com and my cell is (617) 372-6670 feel free to shoot me an email or give me a ring and we can chat sometime.

Leave a comment:

• gart
    replied
    Looks like this is getting some interest. Who's in charge, what's happening, what can/do I need to do?? Let's get the ball rolling.

Leave a comment:

• getouth
    replied
    This needs to happen.......I'd come all the way from NC #roadtrip :-)

Leave a comment:

• Swanny
    replied
    Just drove through that neck of the woods to and from the Spring Brodeo. As long as it's not raining I think it'll work. Wish I wasn't on a time crunch while traveling or would have tried to make it out to help scope out venues.

Leave a comment:

• Frank88ix
    replied
    Id be interesting in going, Im about 2 hours away in Staten Island, NY
    would need a date and time to see what my work schedule is like

Leave a comment:

Working...
X