Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Allignment in Philly area

Hey everyone,
    I have been looking to find a shop in the Philly area, tag I can trust to do an alignment on my car. I have GCs with camber and caster plates so it’s more than just a toe adjustment, upfront.
    I am in the city and have usually gone to VAC Motorsports and to be honest, am tired of it. They always pretty rude and this last time, would not even give me a print out, to show me the before and after specs.

I know of RT tuning but there is always a super long wait, to get in there.

Thanks everyone!

i had a lot of trouble finding a place too. vac told me i had to wait 2 weeks and most chain stores wouldnt do my camber plates either. i found ntb in maple shade nj and they do it for me. they were pretty cool even let me in the back and to help them when they couldnt figure out how to adjust the plates the first time.

they do have bad turnover and sometimes after 6 months they dont have any employees that remember me and i have to explain ive been going there for years because they do it for me.

another thing ive considered thats pretty annoying...ntb will sell you 6months or a year of unlimited alligjments. you could get them to do toe only and give you a printout....adjust your plates at home based on the reading from the printout and go back the next day to have toe fixed and see where camber and caster are at....adjust again at home and repeat till your satisfied

Comment

Try Bavarian Specialties.
      They are well versed in all sorts of race BMWs, cars w/ camber plates, coil overs, etc.
      I have used them for setup work on both of my race cars.

Bavarian Specialties
      Address: 340 E Church Rd, King of Prussia, PA 19406
      Phone: (610) 277-6037
      Jimmy P.
      87 E30 M3 Prodrive British Touring Car
      88 E30 M3 Zinnoberot - Garage Queen
      88 E30 M3 Lachsilber - SCCA SPU #98
      92 M Technic Cabrio - S14 Powered!
      98 318Ti Morea Green
      04 Ford F350 Dually Tow Machine

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyP View Post
        Try Bavarian Specialties.
        They are well versed in all sorts of race BMWs, cars w/ camber plates, coil overs, etc.
        I have used them for setup work on both of my race cars.

Bavarian Specialties
        Address: 340 E Church Rd, King of Prussia, PA 19406
        Phone: (610) 277-6037
        Awesome!! I will for sure! I have never heard of them and seems exactly what I am looking for and is not too far from the city. Thank you!

Originally posted by kyleconstantine View Post
        i had a lot of trouble finding a place too. vac told me i had to wait 2 weeks and most chain stores wouldnt do my camber plates either. i found ntb in maple shade nj and they do it for me. they were pretty cool even let me in the back and to help them when they couldnt figure out how to adjust the plates the first time.

they do have bad turnover and sometimes after 6 months they dont have any employees that remember me and i have to explain ive been going there for years because they do it for me.

another thing ive considered thats pretty annoying...ntb will sell you 6months or a year of unlimited alligjments. you could get them to do toe only and give you a printout....adjust your plates at home based on the reading from the printout and go back the next day to have toe fixed and see where camber and caster are at....adjust again at home and repeat till your satisfied
        This is great to know! Thank you for then info. If I’m being honest, that unlimited alignment thing seems like a good idea for me. I’m the type of person who wild absolutely take advantage of it. Super disappointed with the fact that I did not even get a print out from VAC and the did not even touch my caster, when I asked them to max it out.

Comment

I don't know what happened to VAC. They use to be pretty cool and welcome you to go back into the shop and machine rooms. Last time I did a head resurface there and it took almost 4 weeks.
          sigpic
          327is
          325es
          325es
          318is
          Fiesta ST
          E46 M3

Comment

Vac used to be pretty customer focused but they seem to overcharge more than any other shop around, parts or service, and like everyone says, very rude.

Comment

Working...
            X