Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The US doomed to be dumb

The first paragraph says it all. Yup.

"A Pew Research Study released on July 10 reveals that an increasing majority of Republicans and Republican-leaning independents now say that they believe universities and colleges have a negative effect on our country."

Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Aren't you just the little shit stirrer?

What's your next thread 54 40 or fight, fuck the US for its expansionist leanings?

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

massive pinko lee still posting antiamerican stuff? geez

Comment

We see a lot of examples of this right here in our own debates. Not to say college is bad, but its a one size fits all approach to job skills training that is obviously a more complex situation than that. And that approach is having some detrimental results.......
        Last edited by mrsleeve; 07-24-2017, 09:37 AM.
        Originally posted by Fusion
        If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
        The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
        William Pitt-

Comment

It is sad and true unfortunately. This country is in intellectual decline thanks to schools failing to prepare students properly for the real world. And politicians.....republican AND democrats alike.....love nothing more than a voting base which is unenlightened and uninformed. I like to use the late, great George Carlin from his "Life Is Worth Losing" standup to eloquently summarize this. Go to 6:30 if you really want to get to core of my point. Plenty of foul language, adjust volume if necessary.

To reinforce my point, Fox News produced this sad piece. I wonder how much cherry picking of random people it took to compile this?

Jon
          Rides...
          1991 325i - sold :(
          2004 2WD Frontier King Cab

RIP #17 Jules Bianchi

Comment

Originally posted by Jon325i View Post
            It is sad and true unfortunately. This country is in intellectual decline thanks to schools failing to prepare students properly for the real world. And politicians.....republican AND democrats alike.....love nothing more than a voting base which is unenlightened and uninformed. I like to use the late, great George Carlin from his "Life Is Worth Losing" standup to eloquently summarize this. Go to 6:30 if you really want to get to core of my point. Plenty of foul language, adjust volume if necessary.

To reinforce my point, Fox News produced this sad piece. I wonder how much cherry picking of random people it took to compile this?

Jon
            Links aren't working.

The fact is we are mired in the Idiocracy decline but that does not mean we are all idiots.

Having said that I weep for the future as we are living in a time where reality, facts and common sense seem to be in rapid decline.

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Hmmmm.....vids work for me. Lets try this:

George Carlin video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLODGhEyLvk

Random sampling of Americans: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaHc-aZZBo0

Fingers crossed it works this time. And I agree with you, not all of us are doomed intellectually. It just seems that uneducated, unenlightened people are more visible now. Perhaps the various social media platforms has made that possible.
              Rides...
              1991 325i - sold :(
              2004 2WD Frontier King Cab

RIP #17 Jules Bianchi

Comment

this really isn't new in any way

Winner of the 1964 Pulitzer Prize in NonfictionAnti-Intellectualism in American Life is a book which throws light on many features of the American character. Its concern is not merely to portray the scorners of intellect in American life, but to say something about what the intellectual is, and can be, as a force in a democratic society."As Mr. Hofstadter unfolds the fascinating story, it is no crude battle of eggheads and fatheads. It is a rich, complex, shifting picture of the life of the mind in a society dominated by the ideal of practical success." —Robert Peel in the Christian Science Monitor 

but either way not a single person in here gives a shit what you think lee, you should honor your promise you made a few years ago to not post here any more

Comment

A country, any country, needs ALL level of education. From basic professional training to higher level of college and university education. But claiming that education is detrimental to a country (like 59% of republicans claims) is very, very stupid. But hey, uneducated people are so easier to steer and manipulate. So let's keep them dumb and feed them with Fake News. ;-)

Therefore I find interesting to be deemed anti-American when the comment is in fact pro-education. Not to mention that being anti-republicans isn't being anti-American. Republicans are only a minority in the US. 53% of US voters would agree...
                  Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

^
                    Edit: You ever think its easier to mold a population to all think the same way, by nearly forcing all or most to go to similar schools of thought???? While at the same time stigmatizing other alternative careers or methods of training impressionable adolescents for adult life as inferior or less than desirable????

Sound familiar at all???? Happening in your neck of the woods to......

Originally posted by BraveUlysses View Post
                    this really isn't new in any way

Winner of the 1964 Pulitzer Prize in NonfictionAnti-Intellectualism in American Life is a book which throws light on many features of the American character. Its concern is not merely to portray the scorners of intellect in American life, but to say something about what the intellectual is, and can be, as a force in a democratic society."As Mr. Hofstadter unfolds the fascinating story, it is no crude battle of eggheads and fatheads. It is a rich, complex, shifting picture of the life of the mind in a society dominated by the ideal of practical success." —Robert Peel in the Christian Science Monitor 

but either way not a single person in here gives a shit what you think lee, you should honor your promise you made a few years ago to not post here any more
                    We agree on 2 separate things in the same day..... Is the end really that close ..................
                    Last edited by mrsleeve; 07-24-2017, 10:40 AM.
                    Originally posted by Fusion
                    If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                    William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by Jon325i View Post
                      Hmmmm.....vids work for me. Lets try this:

George Carlin video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLODGhEyLvk

Random sampling of Americans: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaHc-aZZBo0

Fingers crossed it works this time. And I agree with you, not all of us are doomed intellectually. It just seems that uneducated, unenlightened people are more visible now. Perhaps the various social media platforms has made that possible.
                      That works, Carlin was amazing!

Comment

Sauteed raccoon assholes!

Comment

Originally posted by Massive Lee View Post
                          A country, any country, needs ALL level of education. From basic professional training to higher level of college and university education. But claiming that education is detrimental to a country (like 59% of republicans claims) is very, very stupid. But hey, uneducated people are so easier to steer and manipulate. So let's keep them dumb and feed them with Fake News. ;-)

Therefore I find interesting to be deemed anti-American when the comment is in fact pro-education. Not to mention that being anti-republicans isn't being anti-American. Republicans are only a minority in the US. 53% of US voters would agree...
                          Did you ever stop to think that maybe people don't hold colleges in same feeling they did 20 years ago? Perhaps the colleges have liberal ass professors that regurgitate stupid bullshit that they person ally believe in? There is a college near me that lets students grade themselves. That same college is only of the most liberal in the country, there was a "stay home white people day" , a white professor said it was stupid and all the black students said he was racist and needed to be fired. Colleges here are fucking retarded, with their safe spaces and "civil rights" battles. Too much pandering to feelings and not enough education. I work with some people that are fresh out of college and they are beyond stupid, they don't know much about the field and don't know how to deal with life in this job. It's pathetic

Comment

In typical fashion in any demographic, the squeaky wheel gets the grease. The loud outspoken liberal arts degrees who spend half their time pursuing knowledge that holds little relevance to getting a job, get a microphone in front of them and they become the voice of secondary education. Nevermind that thousands of doctors, engineers and scientists are being produced.

Comment

The US doomed to be dumb

Colleges don't have a negative effect on our country, kids with BS liberal arts degrees and picket signs do.
                              Last edited by MrBurgundy; 07-24-2017, 03:27 PM.
                              Originally posted by wholepailofwater
                              Q
                              :devil:

WTB: Dove Grey e36 Front Door Panels (2 door)

Comment

Working...
                              X