Spring Rate Coilover Vert setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spring Rate Coilover Vert setup

325i convertible with coilovers (2" cut out of strut housing), German Engineering springs, KYB adjustable shocks, a hardtop (soft top is still in car) and running Style 5 wheels. Current spring rates are 600 and 400#s.

Car isn't super low, but I hit a bump in the road and there sounds like metal clanking and too much spring? It feels like the car is pushed up hard.

Metal 'clanking' could be any number of things. What camber plates are you using? I know my IE plates made a metallic 'clank' sound until I shimmed the spherical bearing properly. Swaybar end links also tend to make a clunk/clank sound when worn. You mention your struts are shortened, if the gland nut is not holding the strut insert tightly in place, it could also make noise.

German Engineering doesn't make springs. Are you referring to the German Engineering coilover kit that was sold years ago, with the blue HyperCo springs? Those kits were sold with 450f/600r springs.

I have no idea what you mean by the car being "pushed up hard".
    85 325e m60b44 6 speed / 89 535i
    e30 restoration and V8 swap
    24 Hours of Lemons e30 build

Comment

Ah ya, it was the German Engineering Coilover kit. It has ground control camber plates on it as well. It just seems like when I hit a dip in the road, that on the rebound the springs are pushing up the car too fast. It might be the shitty kyb struts that came with the kit I bought

Comment

Working...
      X