Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mounting mold for IS front spoiler torn. Replaceable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mounting mold for IS front spoiler torn. Replaceable?

I was removing my front spoiler and the mold that holds onto the mounting clips just tore off. I’m assuming because it’s the OE lip and it’s worn from age. I noticed that when it tore, it looked like the molding was held on by adhesive. I ended up ripping the rest of it off pretty easily. Do I need to buy a new one? Is there a part number to glue that part back on to be able to mount it? Any ideas?

Here’s some pics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It might have broke before and someone patched it with adhesive.

They unfortunately come as one piece so you'll either need to pony up for another OEM piece, new or used, or fix the one you have.

3rd option (one I believe in, especially with a lowered car) is picking up one of the $50~ reps on eBay. That's what I run and with slight modification it fits perfectly. I've even knocked it off and ran over it a few times and it's extremely robust. If you're all about OEM originality, it'd still be hard not to run an eBay one for daily driver usage with an OEM one at home for car meets etc.
    91 318iS - aluminum M52B28 + ZF320 + 3.15 Torsen

Comment

Originally posted by fastestbox View Post
      It might have broke before and someone patched it with adhesive.

They unfortunately come as one piece so you'll either need to pony up for another OEM piece, new or used, or fix the one you have.

3rd option (one I believe in, especially with a lowered car) is picking up one of the $50~ reps on eBay. That's what I run and with slight modification it fits perfectly. I've even knocked it off and ran over it a few times and it's extremely robust. If you're all about OEM originality, it'd still be hard not to run an eBay one for daily driver usage with an OEM one at home for car meets etc.

Ah, that’s a bummer. I appreciate the info. Really an OEM nut but you brought up a good point. Have a spare for meets etc. although, I rarely drive it. Hard to cough up 180~ since I have one in good shape...that doesn’t have a mounting point. Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
      X