Let's talk intercoolers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's talk intercoolers

So I am slowly working towards the end of the list of parts I'll need for the car. One that still remains is an intercooler for the beast. I have been contemplating the idea of building my own since I have a tig welder, but I am curious as to the rough dimensions you guys run up front without having to hack the crap out of stuff.

I would like to get a 3.5-4" deep core in there to help dissipate heat better, but I know that's a lot to ask for the amount of space we have to play with.

What are you guys running? Dimensions and brands? maybe some AIT readings if you have them.

Thanks!
    sigpic

Rebellion Forge Custom Fabrication

1988 325is - TrackRat in progress

Instagram @rebellionforge

My inter cooler is 3in and it would be a very tough fit if it was taller. It seems 2.5in is the way to go to me.
    My intercooler is 29in long, 7 in tall.

Comment

Maybe you'll get something out of that

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)Be Afraid Of The Future

Comment

I was thinking Newman style and getting all the use out of it!

sigpic

Comment

if you do newman style it really doesnt matter what size, 3" thick fits just fine down there without much modification

7speedshop.com

Comment

Since I pulled the hvac crap behind the dash I have actually been toying with the idea of water/air intercooler back there and modify my intake for a rear entrance.
            sigpic

Comment

you can see mine here. If you look threw the center grille, you can see the top of it. It gotta be 2.75-3.0 inch thick. I didnt cut anything, i just added tabs on the bottom and a cross bar up top.
              And its sleeper lol

Comment

friends car that I built.(not finished yet)

3" core, will not fit behind early model valance, but looks mean so it doesn't matter:)

7speedshop.com

Comment

Working...
                X