Axle Nut Hell!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
    Good to hear, but what in the world were you doing to roach a ball joint, or did you just split the boot?
    Hah I have no idea but I can wiggle the inner tie rod really good now. Maybe when I knocked the old rusted rotor off??

Comment

Hopefully you didn't ruin the rack.
      AWD > RWD

Comment

what in the world were you doing to roach a ball joint

This tickled my ear for some reason.

IIRC those MAPP/MAPD and O2 kits you can get at home improvement places produce nearly the same temps as an acetylene/O2 setup. But MAPP alone does something like 35% less temp output without O2.

Actually the MAPP gas company closed a decade ago. The yellow bottles you buy now are not much hotter than propane.
        john@m20guru.com
        Links:
        Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Even though they say MAPP I believe they are the generic version, MAPD, which is about 25% hotter than propane IIRC.

Comment

From Wikipedia:

"In early 2008, true MAPP gas production ended in North America when production was discontinued at the only remaining plant in North America that still manufactured it. However, many current products labeled "MAPP" are, in fact, MAPP substitutes. These versions are composed almost entirely of propylene with minuscule impurities of propane (<0.5%)."

Table of flame temperatures here:

Adiabatic flame temperatures for hydrogen, methane, propane and octane - in Kelvin.
            Last edited by AndrewBird; 01-15-2019, 12:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by AndrewBird View Post
              From Wikipedia:

"In early 2008, true MAPP gas production ended in North America when production was discontinued at the only remaining plant in North America that still manufactured it. However, many current products labeled "MAPP" are, in fact, MAPP substitutes. These versions are composed almost entirely of propylene with minuscule impurities of propane (<0.5%)."

Table of flame temperatures here:

https://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/a...ure-d_996.html
              So off topic.
              Google "stuck axle nut". You'll get all kinds of fun entertainment. 10 foot cheater bars. Hours of hammering, etc

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
              X