No announcement yet.

How to turbo a daily driven iX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's good to hear. I'm using an Innovate LC-2. It's hidden right below the battery tray on the downpipe about 12-18" from the turbo outlet.

You can see the plug but not the actual sensor.

I am not retaining A/C because my compressor was seized and condenser was leaking. The turbo manifold would allow for it, but I would have have to have moved the intercooler closer to the front of the car to clear the condenser. I may re-install it some day.

Good luck with your build

Comment

Also, many people give the LC-2 a bad review because they don't wire it properly. Make sure you wire the LC-2 heater circuit with it's own dedicated power and ground. Preferably through a relay or directly to the battery. It draws a lot of current.

Comment

Good job!
        Since its a daily car, how much mpg?

Comment

Originally posted by cro_xt View Post
          Good job!
          Since its a daily car, how much mpg?

I average around 17-25 mpg depending on how much I stay out of boost. I'm usually beating on it because its so much fun.

Comment

What does your ass dyno tells you about hp :)?

Comment

Originally posted by Eskie View Post
              I average around 17-25 mpg depending on how much I stay out of boost. I'm usually beating on it because its so much fun.
              That's not bad at all, especially for an iX!
              How difficult was it to put together the DIYPNP? First order of business before I modify anything engine-wise is a proper ECU, but I'm a bit apprehensive about doing the DIY when there's an M20 PNP MS2 available. (Albeit at nearly twice the price)
              I have basic soldering and electronics experience, but despite reading several tutorials I'm still not confident I know the amount of work involved.

Comment

Same here Mazdayasna :)
                But i will take a risk and order diy ms2 kit... There are some good tutorials out there, just need to read it like 10 times or so...

Comment

Same here Mazdayasna :)
                  But i will take a risk and order diy ms2 kit... There are some good tutorials out there, just need to read it like 10 times or so...

As long as you know how to solder it's really straightforward and easy. I was worried at first but the instructions on DIYautotune made it super easy. I would definitely do it man, more money for other parts.

First, you will want to decide which components you will be using, as not all installations need all components. Here is a list of what parts go with what circuit. Note that U3 is used for multiple circuits, and must be installed for any of the circuits to work. There are a couple parts that…

Comment

What does your ass dyno tells you about hp :)?

Right now at 7.5-8 psi it feels to be about 250whp...I don't have any problem with stock Subaru Sti's if that's a benchmark of any kind ;D

Comment

Wow awesome results!
                      Thanks for sharing this with us!

Comment

Thank you, more to come soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Eskie View Post
                          Right now at 7.5-8 psi it feels to be about 250whp...I don't have any problem with stock Subaru Sti's if that's a benchmark of any kind ;D
                          Haha that's a perfect benchmark, STi owners are the ones that are guaranteed to try and pull on you from a green light.
                          Are there any other M20 bits you had to buy to make the DIYPNP work, or can you salvage the connector etc from the stock ECU?
                          Thanks for putting the thread looking together, looking forward to more content!

Comment

Originally posted by Mazdayasna View Post
                            Haha that's a perfect benchmark, STi owners are the ones that are guaranteed to try and pull on you from a green light.
                            Are there any other M20 bits you had to buy to make the DIYPNP work, or can you salvage the connector etc from the stock ECU?
                            Thanks for putting the thread looking together, looking forward to more content!

The stock DME connector plugs into the DIYPNP, I didn't have to make any modifications there. I did have to make modifications to the wiring on the TPS connector because I'm using a E36 TPS. The connector housing is the same but the pin order is different. You can either de-pin it and move them around or cut and splice the wires.

I also changed to a GM IAT, so that was some cutting and splicing as well.

I'm running a single coil right now so I haven't changed any of the ignition parts around.

Comment

Hey man this is a great thread, super clear and accessible. Would you be cool to share your base tune? I’ve got w very similar plan for my iX except i hope to retain AC (just r&r’d) and use a gt28 of some kind. Would be awesome to start with something within the ballpark.

Comment

Originally posted by marko View Post
                                Hey man this is a great thread, super clear and accessible. Would you be cool to share your base tune? I’ve got w very similar plan for my iX except i hope to retain AC (just r&r’d) and use a gt28 of some kind. Would be awesome to start with something within the ballpark.
                                Hey, sorry..just got the notification for this. I can send you the tune in the next couple of days, PM me your email address please!

I've actually just moved my entire setup to my other iX and have retained the AC....it's definitely possible. However the line that runs down the passenger side strut tower just burst because of the heat from the hot side of the turbo. I'm working on making a custom line at the moment.

Comment

Working...
                                X