Exhaust setup for M5x

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exhaust setup for M5x

I wanted to share a couple of pictures from getting my exhaust fabricated. I couldn’t find to many pictures of other peoples exhausts and how they were able to deal with the sway bar and the stock lollipops. I brought a complete E36 OBD 1 exhaust to the shop along with 2 extra flanges from a junk yard car. The tech at the exhaust shop cut the pipes from the flanges, cut some of the bends off to change the radius, expanded the factory pipe and welded it all back together. It looks factory and hopefully I’ll pass the CA BAR with this setup. Here are some pictures for anyone who's looking to do this. I'll post back when I eventually get it through the BAR.

Getting mocked up:

All burned in:

Here is one of the hanger:

Last edited by SnowB0und; 11-17-2017, 01:30 PM.

nice, thanks for sharing
    sigpic
    84 323i

Comment

Looks good. Which shop and what was the pricing like?

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Comment

nice. also interested to know the shop. the one I went to did a pretty shit job..
        cars beep boop

Comment

Thanks for sharing - looks like a really nice job and I am impressed with the fit of the cats.

Any pics of the how they cut/fit/welded the downpipe connections at the manifolds? To me this is the most challenging part and I would like to see how a competent shop handled it.

Thanks!

MJ

Comment

I'll get some pictures tomorrow. Shop was Nicks Muffler in Martinez. Hit me up if you make it out this way I'm 5 minutes away.

Comment

Exhaust setup for M5x

Excuse my lack of a stud, I couldn't wait!

Comment

Whats the clearance like? Can we get a side shot? I want to get a stock setup done for BAR purposes.

Comment

Exhaust setup for M5x

Here is the cross member clearance.

Last edited by SnowB0und; 04-19-2017, 09:07 AM.

Comment

Nice! The law *technically* saws you can't modify anything ahead of the cats but it would be insanely stupid if you didn't pass with that.

When you pass and then take it off, you should rent it to other members who are trying to pass lol

Comment

Originally posted by M3PO View Post
                      Nice! The law *technically* saws you can't modify anything ahead of the cats but it would be insanely stupid if you didn't pass with that.
                      you say that, but I failed with an exhaust with similar modifications :/
                      cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
                        you say that, but I failed with an exhaust with similar modifications :/
                        YAY California! :hitler:

Comment

I can recommend Lupe @ Meineke Car Care in Redwood City. Small shop, but he does good shit. I've had 2 exhaust setups done by him. Both done within a few hours of me showing up.

Gonna go there soon to have an OEM obd2 midpipe put back on my car. Dont care about BAR tho

Comment

I ran catless on my e30 and b7 A4 for years. Even in PA where we have yearly "emissions testing" it's based off of visual tests. I am sure happy I don't live in CA and have to worry about passing this test...but in the outlook of life- the BAR is a good thing I guess. Too bad there isn't a cutoff for model years.
                            555Garage - Kingston, PA

'13 BMW e70 X5 35d
                            '95 BMW e34 525i
                            '92 BMW e30 325i S52 Vert (Quade the Vert)
                            '92 Range Rover Classic
                            '90 Range Rover Classic
                            '89 BMW e30 325i Coupe (The DIRTY30)
                            '81 VW MK1 Rabbit Caddy Diesel
                            '76 Honda CB550K Cafe/Brat
                            '67 Pontiac LeMans
                            '24 Model T Depot Hack
                            ....And a bunch of Motobecane, Puch, Garelli, Batavus and Honda 49cc-78cc Mopeds...

Comment

Looks really low in the center.

Comment

Working...
                              X