• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fresh_TD View Post

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    How is the headunit holding up boss? I'm about to order one on Amazon

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

I like that blaipunkt a lot. Thanks I will look it up.

Comment

Originally posted by earthwormjim View Post
        Clarion M508 looks pretty nice after swapping the LEDs to orange or painting them orange.

I forgot to take pictures of the finished radio before shipping it out, but this gives you an idea of what can be done:

This Blaupunkt updated radio looks pretty nice too. Should be available next month.

https://ferdinandmagazine.com/update...46-coming-2018

Big fan of the m508, even more after your work to it! Thanks again!!

Comment

Originally posted by e30RS View Post
          Does anyone have an alpine recommendation for the e30?

Mine is a CDE-HD149BT. Everything bagel head unit - Bluetooth audio, phone, usb, aux, CD, HDRadio (I use this surprisingly often), Pandora. Love it.

Ezekiel 25:17
          Current flame: E30 318iS Alpinweiss II slicktop / LSD - Joanne
          The old man: 1970 2002 Polaris(ish) slicktop / rat rod - Wallace
          The ex: E92 335i 6MT M-Sport - Betty
          The heavy: 2001 4Runner SR5 Sport (3rd Gen) - Fred

Comment

Originally posted by kid8 View Post
            Big fan of the m508, even more after your work to it! Thanks again!!

That looks great!
            e30sport.net
            '15 Porsche GT3 - 7-speed PDK - Daily Driver
            '86 325es - s54b32tu - 6-speed - Mtech 1
            '89 325is - m20b25 - 5-speed - Individual

Comment

That looks awesome!
              sigpic84 325e

Comment

What's the best stereo under $100? Please

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by e30RS View Post
                  Does anyone have an alpine recommendation for the e30?
                  Thanks to @jaysterling we can now stick to OEM alpines. Pick up an OEM CM5908 with a cantalouperadio.com bluetooth retrofit board. I have them in all my E30s.

I refurb them - pm me if you need one.
                  I BUY/SELL REFURBISHED CM5907s & CM5908s

HOWTOs:
                  DB vert plastic bumpers
                  OEM Keys
                  MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
                  91 ic Calypso 3.1
                  86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

reelizmpro: I will always be an e30 guy.. I still do all of my own labor
                  TrentW: There's just something so right about a well-built M20 in an E30
                  e30m3s54turbo: I save my money for tuner parts.

Comment

Clarion M508 looks pretty nice after swapping the LEDs to orange or painting them orange.

I forgot to take pictures of the finished radio before shipping it out, but this gives you an idea of what can be done:

This Blaupunkt updated radio looks pretty nice too. Should be available next month.

https://ferdinandmagazine.com/update...46-coming-2018
                    I like that Blaupukt alot! Hopefully it will come out soon.
                    Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

I noticed the M508 earthwormjim modified has the display reversed polarized from the original. Curious if either you or kid8 could tell/show if it has a blueish tint when turned off now.

Comment

Originally posted by stagen View Post
                        I noticed the M508 earthwormjim modified has the display reversed polarized from the original. Curious if either you or kid8 could tell/show if it has a blueish tint when turned off now.

Yes, there is a very slight blueish/purplish tint, it's hard to capture with a camera, it never matches what the appearance with your eye looks like. The tint isn't from an actual pigment or color of the filter, it's just from the way ambient reflected light is bent, so cameras don't see it correctly. One shot it will look pink, the next it will not be visible, the next it will be slightly blue.

Comment

Originally posted by Staszek View Post
                          I like that Blaupukt alot! Hopefully it will come out soon.
                          It is out, at least for preorder, but it's also ~400-450EUR, dang.

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
                            It is out, at least for preorder, but it's also ~400-450EUR, dang.
                            Wow, expensive, I need to build retro stuff with fewer features than current items and sell them for a ton more lol!
                            Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

Originally posted by Staszek View Post
                              Wow, expensive, I need to build retro stuff with fewer features than current items and sell them for a ton more lol!

Realities of low volume production. Tooling alone is tens of thousands of dollars for something like the face plate.

Just look at how expensive the bluetooth board jay built is. It's the price of a radio, but I bet he's not making much of a profit. Unless you're building 10,000+ of something, manufacturing and parts acquisition are extremely expensive. I'm not knocking his product by the way, it's a great product for a niche market. That was the direction I really wanted to go, but I got tired of chasing down clean OEM radios that didn't need a ton of work to refurbish.

Comment

Realities of low volume production.
                                This. Make 2-3 of something is easy. Making 10-100? You might as well shoot yourself in the head. You'll lose money.
                                Originally posted by Matt-B
                                hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Working...
                                X