E34 525 Raditake, will it fit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E34 525 Raditake, will it fit?

Searching around for something bigger than the m42 rad I came across these. Another site said they were an option for the swap. Anyone know if they will fit in the factory dropins? Are they bigger core wise than the m42? Seems like it could be a good option allowing me to retain the intergrated overflow in a radiator designed for a 6cyl.

Thanks
    Attached Files

they are about 4" wider than the space between E30 frame rails.
    cars beep boop

Comment

(that's without the overflow)
      cars beep boop

Comment

Yes. You would need to notch the frame.

But e36 rad from 6cyl models that came with air conditioning are same width as e30 m42 radiator but taller. Those are drop in replacement

(e36 6cyl non-aircondition radiator is same as e30 m42 rad.)

Comment

Thanks guys.

Pazi-for the e36 6cyl when you say taller does it actually drop down lower using the same attachment on the top side? How much larger is the cooling area?

Also I assume you meant 4 cyl unless some of the 6’s had the internal tank?

Comment

Originally posted by brads2002 View Post
            Thanks guys.

Pazi-for the e36 6cyl when you say taller does it actually drop down lower using the same attachment on the top side? How much larger is the cooling area?

Also I assume you meant 4 cyl unless some of the 6’s had the internal tank?
            It drops lower. But the mounts that are on the side are still in same location. So it's drop on replacement.

4cyl e36 have same radiator as 6cyl. Which is same as e30 m42 rad. But I don't know if those 4cyl e36 had the taller one.

Comment

Originally posted by pazi88 View Post
              It drops lower. But the mounts that are on the side are still in same location. So it's drop on replacement.

4cyl e36 have same radiator as 6cyl. Which is same as e30 m42 rad. But I don't know if those 4cyl e36 had the taller one.
              So you are saying the e30/36 are the same if they came with AC? In searching around today they looked like the same part number. I couldn't find a 6cyl with an internal tank. I think all US cars have AC so that might be the difference.

Comment

So you are saying the e30/36 are the same if they came with AC? In searching around today they looked like the same part number. I couldn't find a 6cyl with an internal tank. I think all US cars have AC so that might be the difference.
                No. E36 with ac has that tall radiator. Not e30. But e30 with m42 has same radiator as e36 without ac. And only e30 with m42 (318is) other e30 models have different style rads.

As i said that tall e36 with ac radiator is drop in larger replacement for e30 with m42 engine but e30 never came with that from factory.
                Last edited by pazi88; 06-15-2018, 10:18 PM.

Comment

Got it. Any chance you have a part number? I searched through a bunch of them but only e36 6cyls I can find have the external coolant tank.
                  Thanks Pazi

Comment

got it. Any chance you have a part number? I searched through a bunch of them but only e36 6cyls i can find have the external coolant tank.
                    Thanks pazi

Comment

Hmm, that shows up as the factory radiator for a 318is amongst other 4 cylinders.

Comment

Working...
                      X